Star Trek Online Catch-All

Hey guys, hate to see do so, but I'm leaving the CWJ fleet. Not many folks are on, and when you are, you're almost never on Vent or doing level-50 missions. I've fallen in with a bunch of guys from another (non-gaming site) and will be doing STFs and whatnot with them. But this doesn't mean I've abandoned everyone. If you want any items from memory alpha, just contact me by PM here or by message in game to [email protected] or [email protected]. See you around.

edit: I just realized that you can different characters in different fleets, so my lower-level character will remain with GWJ. I just don't play him much.

AnimeJ wrote:

I've found that there are generally quite a few folks on, just never talking. As for the vent thing, I generally eschew firing it up because I'm watching something on Netflix or Amazon. GL to ya though :)

Indeed. Since it went F2P, when I'm on, there are 4-6 other GWJ folks on. But, to be fair, I'm not sure STFs are our strong-suit, so, if that's what you're after, more power to ya. We're around if you're in need!

Yeah I know it's an MMO but aside from STFs, everything is so easy to solo... and you have this away team thing... so I just rarely ever team up with anyone.

Since I just started playing this again, what happened to the auto grouping that was in around launch? I used to enter systems and have the option of joining other players that were entering the same instance. I haven't seen that option since returning. Did they remove that or is it an option you have to flag on now?

I've also started playing with my Klingon character. Before quitting I just had one sitting at level 5 and as soon as I fired him up they bumped him to level 21. Of course that meants I didn't have any level appropriate equipment but to my surprise they also loaded me up with enough commendations to fully outfit me and my away team in all green level appropriate gear and to grab a new ship. Of course I had to just use the standard equipment that came with the ship but that was better than nothing. I also found, to my surprise, story missions for the Klingon. So glad they added that. Does that continue on or will I need to supplement the story missions with the grindy "defend the empire" stuff against the Romulans and Federation?

AFAIK, auto-grouping still exists, but I'd imagine most folks turned it off by default by now; I know that I did.

As for STFs, I'm very much interested in them, but as Keithustus points out, there's not a whole lot of folks really running them now. Here's hoping that folks move up and get into those more soonish.

I'm about one or two actual play sessions away from hitting max level. Then I totally want in on those STF's. I hope that I can group up with some of you for that.

I have one of those Mark X Borg tokens burning a hole in my space-wallet. Feel free to point me toward any good Borg-killin' Defiant builds. I am dying to create something that matches my play style: buzzing mosquito of space-death.

So, I hit 50, jumped into PUG STF instances, and borg'd my ship up a bit... Since y'all are talking about it, what now? I got a bit bored and started focusing on leveling up a Tactical captain (my 50 character is science/science). Any good tips to keep me interested?

PurEvil wrote:

So, I hit 50, jumped into PUG STF instances, and borg'd my ship up a bit... Since y'all are talking about it, what now? I got a bit bored and started focusing on leveling up a Tactical captain (my 50 character is science/science). Any good tips to keep me interested?

I haven't done the STF stuff yet but I've been going through the episodic arcs (In the Deferi / Breen arc now). There's some interesting fan service in them and a few unexpected twists but yeah, now that I'm lvl 50 I'm not finding too many challenges. Maybe I'll try an STF tonight...

I have a Tac captain at 50 who needs a couple bits to be able to really run STFs and an Engi captain who's not too far off from it.

As I said awhile back, I'm down for some STF action. I tried the first one when it came out and was quickly frustrated with the level of non-cooperation between team members, so I'd be all about running one with you guys over vent or Google+ or something.

Is there a night where this would work out? Do we want to try scheduling something on a weekly basis a few times or something?

Again, I have a maxed out Science character and a level 30-something Tactical.

ilduce620 wrote:

Again, I have a maxed out Science character and a level 30-something Tactical.

Am I the only one who went Engineering?

I <3 me some big cruisers.

LockAndLoad wrote:

Am I the only one who went Engineering?

I <3 me some big cruisers.

My ol' launch day character is an engineer and I think they're at level 43 or so and has been running around in cruisers. The away teams are especially crazy since I have a couple of engineers along with me so we always have a couple of shields going, a few regen stations and usually 2 turrets and a mortar firing.

LockAndLoad wrote:
ilduce620 wrote:

Again, I have a maxed out Science character and a level 30-something Tactical.

Am I the only one who went Engineering?

I <3 me some big cruisers.

After getting a science officer to 30, I started up an engineer who I think is at 28 or so. I couldn't resist the aesthetics of a cruiser.

That being said, I made the mistake of giving in to the CK II AAR's and buying that, and my gaming time may not be released by Paradox for a little while.

I'm now level 50. I can haz end game content now?

docbadwrench wrote:

I'm now level 50. I can haz end game content now?

I still have so much story stuff to go through I'm content to keep plowing through, even though it doesn't get me any experience.

In sector space, does adjusting your power levels make a difference to my warp speed? I know it does in systems, obviously. But in sector, there isn't a speed indicator, and there aren't many ways to measure speed very well.

If it doesn't, that crap is never getting shifted off of "ATTACK" ever again.

docbadwrench wrote:

I'm now level 50. I can haz end game content now?

The universe is never-ending. As it is in Star Trek Online.

InspectorFowler wrote:

If it doesn't, that crap is never getting shifted off of "ATTACK" ever again.

Oh no! Please tell me you haven't been changing your energy states for sector space all this time.

Tip I learned today: disable Galor messages by going to settings, the leftmost tab, and the second option, something like "enable announcements"; turn that off. You'll see fewer or no more of those, and will still get to see whether teammates chose need, greed, or pass.

Keithustus wrote:

Tip I learned today: disable Galor messages by going to settings, the leftmost tab, and the second option, something like "enable announcements"; turn that off. You'll see fewer or no more of those, and will still get to see whether teammates chose need, greed, or pass.

I love you.

docbadwrench wrote:
Keithustus wrote:

Tip I learned today: disable Galor messages by going to settings, the leftmost tab, and the second option, something like "enable announcements"; turn that off. You'll see fewer or no more of those, and will still get to see whether teammates chose need, greed, or pass.

I love you.

Yep. Huge Man-Crush.

<3

Keithustus wrote:
InspectorFowler wrote:

If it doesn't, that crap is never getting shifted off of "ATTACK" ever again.

Oh no! Please tell me you haven't been changing your energy states for sector space all this time.

The only time I change it is if a mission is hard enough that I have trouble surviving, then I'll pick "balanced".

Otherwise, as a Tactical captain in an escort ship, I just leave it on attack and destroy all those who oppose me without issue.

InspectorFowler wrote:

But in sector, there isn't a speed indicator, and there aren't many ways to measure speed very well.

If you hover over your throttle, for lack of a better word, you'll see your warp speed displayed. Of course the difference from my starter ship to my level fifty was only something like warp 9.46 to warp 10. Energy levels dont affect it.

Kehama wrote:
InspectorFowler wrote:

But in sector, there isn't a speed indicator, and there aren't many ways to measure speed very well.

If you hover over your throttle, for lack of a better word, you'll see your warp speed displayed. Of course the difference from my starter ship to my level fifty was only something like warp 9.46 to warp 10. Energy levels dont affect it.

Excellent, Smithers. I shall place a big section of duct tape over those levers on the bridge with a sign saying, "Don't touch, need for smashing Klingons."

Kehama wrote:
InspectorFowler wrote:

But in sector, there isn't a speed indicator, and there aren't many ways to measure speed very well.

If you hover over your throttle, for lack of a better word, you'll see your warp speed displayed. Of course the difference from my starter ship to my level fifty was only something like warp 9.46 to warp 10. Energy levels dont affect it.

I thought Very Bad Things happened when you hit warp 10?

Nah, they retconn'd that ages ago. It's bad when you go past Warp 10.

Yeah what a mess... TNG finale the modified Enterprise was going warp 13 or something. But then there was some episode of Voyager where Tom set a speed record too.

Hell I don't remember what their real story is anymore.

EDIT: wiki

Hey there. Could one of you give a fleet invite to my alt - Blossom? I need to transfer some EC's through the fleet bank to make leveling this alt a little smoother.

So, I reinstalled STO to see what it was like now and decided I would be better off starting a new character than continuing on my admiral. About 30 seconds into my first land mission on the tutorial I received some weird cardassian box which I had to buy a key to unlock. Bought a key, got a romulan galor ship, sold it on the exchange for 75 million credits, spent another 3 hours playing, realized I didn't much care for the game and logged out.

So... anyone in the GWJ fleet need a couple million credits? I doubt I'll be using them...

Serengeti wrote:

So, I reinstalled STO to see what it was like now and decided I would be better off starting a new character than continuing on my admiral. About 30 seconds into my first land mission on the tutorial I received some weird cardassian box which I had to buy a key to unlock. Bought a key, got a romulan galor ship, sold it on the exchange for 75 million credits, spent another 3 hours playing, realized I didn't much care for the game and logged out.

So... anyone in the GWJ fleet need a couple million credits? I doubt I'll be using them...

Did you get as far as being invited into the fleet? Could always dump them in the bank.

absurddoctor wrote:
Serengeti wrote:

So, I reinstalled STO to see what it was like now and decided I would be better off starting a new character than continuing on my admiral. About 30 seconds into my first land mission on the tutorial I received some weird cardassian box which I had to buy a key to unlock. Bought a key, got a romulan galor ship, sold it on the exchange for 75 million credits, spent another 3 hours playing, realized I didn't much care for the game and logged out.

So... anyone in the GWJ fleet need a couple million credits? I doubt I'll be using them...

Did you get as far as being invited into the fleet? Could always dump them in the bank.

Actually, my original character was still a member

Anyway, the fleet bank is now 69,900,000 energy credits richer.