Video Game Deals Catch-All

Redherring wrote:

Aotearoa = New Zealand
Tauranga = Tauranga (I live there)

Maybe I should have looked closer, it’s an Australian based developer so maybe they are Māori and/or from here. At first glance it just looked like they pulled a random place name out of a hat.

They're all new words to me, but per wikipedia:

Umurangi Generation was developed by a Māori developer, Naphtali Faulkner.
Redherring wrote:

Tauranga = Tauranga (I live there)

Got a spare room?

Sounds like the most successful thing about Fallout 76 was much like Dead Island, the dope ass trailer!

Hobear wrote:

Sounds like the most successful thing about Fallout 76 was much like Dead Island, the dope ass trailer!

The dope ass-trailer?

(obligatory xkcd)

Archangel wrote:
Hobear wrote:

Sounds like the most successful thing about Fallout 76 was much like Dead Island, the dope ass trailer!

The dope ass-trailer?

(obligatory xkcd)

I mean I could just use it to start a dope ass OF.

Pink Stripes wrote:

Umurangi Generation is only $1.49. It's a cool game if you're into the exploration "walking sim" type of thing.

I'm getting some strong Sludge Life vibes from the engine. I like it.

Epic Games weekly freebie: The Big Con
There's also some content packs for Town of Salem II if that's your jam.

Industria and Lisa the Painful are free on Epic

A personal plug for Lisa: if the idea of a f***ed up Undertale appeals to you, you should play this game. I can’t really recommend it, or say it’s a good game, but from a games as an art medium standpoint, I found it fascinating.

If you guys have Twitch/Amazon Prime, they are giving away GOG versions of:

Tomb Raider: GOTY edition
LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars

https://gaming.amazon.com/home

I'm not familiar with all the games in the FUNgeon Crawlers Humble Bundle but they all looked good from the videos so I grabbed the pack.

https://www.humblebundle.com/games/f...

Anyone else grabbing this and want to try some coop in Mythforce?

Wow... that is the second roguelike I've ever seen in my life that has interested me (the first being Against the Storm)! I guess there was Returnal, too, which had my attention for a few hours, but I dropped it pretty quickly when I realized I just didn't have the youthful vigor to complete it.

The bundle is really tempting, but that's the only game I'm really interested in.

From that pack I've been playing Abalon today and it's been fun. Sort of a mix of Magic the Gathering, D&D, and Rogue.

Edit:
Abalon is sorta like Wildermyth but more combat (less story) focused with cards for battle powers and rogue-lite progression.

Edit 2:
I didn't like Going Under. It felt like a janky action roguelite. Not my thing.

Hellslave took a little to get into but I've enjoyed the first dozen quests or so. This feels much more like an actual RPG. If I die on a mission I go back to the start but I keep everything I found in that mission so far.

Did no one post the free Epic Games on Thurs?

Cat Quest 2
Orcs Must Die 3

Both great series. 3 more days to grab them.

Epic has done it again!
Gift of Games Leaves Gamers Awestruck!
"They're STILL doing that? Anything good this time?" - Sp4nkM3d4dde_45

*3 pages of exposition carefully avoiding direct mention of any of the titles with full page ads with video and sound every other sentence*
Circus Electrique
described as part story-driven RPG, part tactics, part circus management.

and a free content pack for Firestone
An online idle RPG?

Click Like and Subscribe!

But there's a mystery game next week, which usually means a decent title. We'll see...

I'm happy for the free Epic stuff. I've gotten a few titles to play on Steam Deck I might not have tried.

Has Epic redeemed themselves?
"I mean, I already own it... but now I own it on Epic too I guess. Will I play it? Uhm...." - Sp4nkM3dAddy1more*
Dragon Age: Inquisition GOTY Edition

BadKen wrote:

But there's a mystery game next week, which usually means a decent title. We'll see...

Yep

Rezzy wrote:

Dragon Age: Inquisition GOTY Edition

I was gonna say I didn't have GotY edition originally, because I never buy the expensive version, and I played it at release. But when I looked at my EA account, apparently I do... I have the game installed but only half of the DLC, none of the GotY stuff. Not sure if I got upgraded at some point or what. But maybe I should give it another whirl and play DLC.

The DLC is quite good. Worth playing before Dreadwolf if you never got around to it on release.

Stele wrote:
BadKen wrote:

But there's a mystery game next week, which usually means a decent title. We'll see...

Yep

Rezzy wrote:

Dragon Age: Inquisition GOTY Edition

I was gonna say I didn't have GotY edition originally, because I never buy the expensive version, and I played it at release. But when I looked at my EA account, apparently I do... I have the game installed but only half of the DLC, none of the GotY stuff. Not sure if I got upgraded at some point or what. But maybe I should give it another whirl and play DLC.

IIRC Wasn't Dragon Age with some painstakingly dream-sequence were you could still die? Made me rage-quit the game back then. Thought it was lazy storytelling...

Endless Legend is free on Steam for the next week

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2...

ENDLESS™ Legend is a 4X turn-based fantasy strategy game by the creators of ENDLESS™ Space and Dungeon of the ENDLESS™. Control every aspect of your civilization as you struggle to save your homeworld Auriga. Create your own Legend!
Peoj Snamreh wrote:

IIRC Wasn't Dragon Age with some painstakingly dream-sequence were you could still die? Made me rage-quit the game back then. Thought it was lazy storytelling...

Do you mean the “Fade”? I don’t recall dying, but there is a non corporeal part of the game.

Endless Legend is a really nice fantasy 4x. I loved that they split the world into regions, each controlled by a city, so city spam isn't a thing, and the minor factions you'd interact with and could gain a unique unit or bonus by befriending or conquering. Quests gave you something to do other than build and raze.

Even though it's 10 years old now, it holds up.

Oh great. Another old game for me to reinstall and sap time from new games in an attempt to recapture my lost youth.

(<3 Endless Legend)

Won't complain about Dragon Age Inquisition. I know I beat it after gods know how many hours, but the only thing I can remember is the characters. Same with mass effect really. Oh and the rather good twist at the end.