Video Game Deals Catch-All

I have a certain level of mostly unreasonable spite for Thief (2014). So even free I'm not sure I'll take it. Outer Worlds looks solid though.

master0 wrote:

I have a certain level of mostly unreasonable spite for Thief (2014). So even free I'm not sure I'll take it. Outer Worlds looks solid though.

Now that's dedication

Outer Worlds is way too silly for me (tried it on game pass)

Outer Worlds is also a repeat as the free selection.

Free isn’t good enough for THI4F, that game should pay you for your time.

*Legion* wrote:

Free isn’t good enough for THI4F, that game should pay you for your time.

I am in the top 22% for completing chapter 5. I doubt I would finish the game even for free.

Slay the Spire PC looks to have hit a new low at $6.24 on both Steam and Humble Bundle. I'd been meaning to buy it but have been scratching that itch with the underrated Tainted Grail Conquest (which I think is right now in a Fanatical Bundle). Now I have both.

I played Slay the Spire on Xbox Game Pass back when I still had that.

Thoroughly agree that Tainted Grail is an underrated gem of a deckbuilder.

Ah, I see. They just announced Slay the Spire 2.

Free with Twitch/Amazon prime:

Fallout 76 (XBOX)
Fallout 76 (PC)
Demon's Tilt
Drawn: Trail of Shadows

https://gaming.amazon.com/home

That's too expensive for Fallout 76.

I thought people generally liked FO76 at this point?

The code for Fallout '76 is for the Microsoft Store. Hahahahah yeaaahhh nooooooo.

billt721 wrote:

I thought people generally liked FO76 at this point?

Dunno. "People" might, but I don't.

Gamepass and Steam versions aren't segregated, I'm not aware of any functional differences between the two.

I'd very much recommend playing it to anyone who was scared off by the "content creators" who made gamer outrage videos despite barely playing it.

Stengah wrote:

Gamepass and Steam versions aren't segregated, I'm not aware of any functional differences between the two.

I'd very much recommend playing it to anyone who was scared off by the "content creators" who made gamer outrage videos despite barely playing it.

I got it from a HB choice a few/many months back?, need to install it and give it a whirll one day but I confess having a bit of fallout fatigue, even without playing F4, maybe with the tv series premiering today IIRC I'll get the itch to try it. My main concern with it is literally not being able to enjoy MMRPGs in general, but who knows, maybe this is the one I do like for once.

It's only technically a mmorpg. Mechanically, it's basically a multiplayer version of Fallout 4 with a bunch of QoL improvements. Each server is really small (24 players iirc, could be 30 something), so you rarely see other people outside of the public events. I played almost entirely solo, and when I did run into other players, 98% were positive to neutral interactions.

Stengah wrote:

It's only technically a mmorpg. Mechanically, it's basically a multiplayer version of Fallout 4 with a bunch of QoL improvements. Each server is really small (24 players iirc, could be 30 something), so you rarely see other people outside of the public events. I played almost entirely solo, and when I did run into other players, 98% were positive to neutral interactions.

"Well, there's spam, egg, sausage, and spam, that's not got much spam in it."

Fallout 76 isn't a disaster anymore.

It's just painfully, aggressively mediocre.

One thing that keeps driving me nuts in the general gaming discourse is the conflation of "it's not garbage anymore, it's better now" with "it's actually worth your time". A lot of the so-called gaming redemption stories are certainly the former, but still aren't the latter.

Oh, hah, somehow I already own Fallout 76 on Steam. Hahaha. I guess I should try it?

Never mind all this Fallout 76 talk, let's all get to playing Demons Tilt that's also free from Amazon!

Ghostrunner free on Epic. Although pretty sure it's a repeat

Inkulinati is on sale on Steam.

Played it 10 minutes and asked for a refund, though

Peoj Snamreh wrote:

Inkulinati is on sale on Steam.

Played it 10 minutes and asked for a refund, though

Is that a recommendation, or…. ?

beanman101283 wrote:
Peoj Snamreh wrote:

Inkulinati is on sale on Steam.

Played it 10 minutes and asked for a refund, though

Is that a recommendation, or…. ?

Doubtful. I for example loved the fighting system of Banner Saga - while most didn't like it.

This game is a Roguelike Medieval Themed play.. which should be right up my alley.

But this alley seems very very narrow for very few players

I think they were just trying to ride the coattails of that gaming juggernaut Pentiment.

Speaking of which, have y'all seen this video? Impressive (unsurprising for a noclip documentary).

Umurangi Generation is only $1.49. It's a cool game if you're into the exploration "walking sim" type of thing.

Pink Stripes wrote:

Umurangi Generation is only $1.49. It's a cool game if you're into the exploration "walking sim" type of thing.

“Set in Tauranga Aotearoa” - yeah I don’t think so.

Redherring wrote:
Pink Stripes wrote:

Umurangi Generation is only $1.49. It's a cool game if you're into the exploration "walking sim" type of thing.

“Set in Tauranga Aotearoa” - yeah I don’t think so.

Why is that so? Isn't that just the Māori name for the city? Am I missing something?

Aotearoa = New Zealand
Tauranga = Tauranga (I live there)

Maybe I should have looked closer, it’s an Australian based developer so maybe they are Māori and/or from here. At first glance it just looked like they pulled a random place name out of a hat.