Video Game Deals Catch-All

Stele wrote:

Forgot to post last night. BF ads are leaking. Looks like a few recent games are going to have big discounts. These are Meijer and Walmart, probably will be matched by BB, Target or Amazon

$40
Far Cry 6

$35
select Nintendo 1st party games

$30
Guardians of the Galaxy
Sackboy
Just Dance 22
All EA Sports 22 games

$25
Mass Effect Trilogy
Deathloop
Monster Hunter Rise

Just wanted to get it out there so you don't do something like buy GotG next week for full price. ;)

awesome. I'm proud I was able to resist the multiple impulses to buy GotG ove the past few weeks, because I thought it might be on sale for black friday.

Stele wrote:

Forgot to post last night. BF ads are leaking. Looks like a few recent games are going to have big discounts. These are Meijer and Walmart, probably will be matched by BB, Target or Amazon

$40
Far Cry 6

$35
select Nintendo 1st party games

$30
Guardians of the Galaxy
Sackboy
Just Dance 22
All EA Sports 22 games

$25
Mass Effect Trilogy
Deathloop
Monster Hunter Rise

Just wanted to get it out there so you don't do something like buy GotG next week for full price. ;)

I'd just like a video card...

If you’re a game pass member. Halo infinite multiplayer is out. Downloading now!

JC wrote:

If you’re a game pass member. Halo infinite multiplayer is out. Downloading now!

It’s out and free to play on all platforms tho right?

pandasuit wrote:
JC wrote:

If you’re a game pass member. Halo infinite multiplayer is out. Downloading now!

It’s out and free to play on all platforms tho right?

It's on Steam, too.

Target has a bogo deal until the 20th but not for every game. Metroid Dread was definitely not included. *grumble*

JohnKillo wrote:

Target has a bogo deal until the 20th but not for every game. Metroid Dread was definitely not included. *grumble*

Hmm, not showing up for me.
Too bad, I might finally get Breathe of the Wild for Switch and something else.

lunchbox12682 wrote:
JohnKillo wrote:

Target has a bogo deal until the 20th but not for every game. Metroid Dread was definitely not included. *grumble*

Hmm, not showing up for me.
Too bad, I might finally get Breathe of the Wild for Switch and something else.

It was in store when I saw it.

Ubisoft has a giveaway for Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory on their website

https://store.ubi.com/ca/tom-clancys...

Free on Epic:
Guild of Dungeoneering (sounds a lot like Loop Hero?)
Kid A Mnesia Exhibition
Never Alone

With 2 more coming next Thurs

The first has been on iOS for a long time. I didn’t like it.

Looks like Amazon and Best Buy and Walmart have started their online Black Friday already.

Got Guardians of the Galaxy for $30 last night.
Deathloop and lots of others are already the advertised prices for next week.

Stele wrote:

Looks like Amazon and Best Buy and Walmart have started their online Black Friday already.

Got Guardians of the Galaxy for $30 last night.
Deathloop and lots of others are already the advertised prices for next week.

Xbox Live and PSN have also activated their digital Black Friday deals, for anyone interested in digital.

Batman: Arkham Knight $3.20 on GMG. This was given away for free on Epic so you might already have it but if not here it is.

Any sales on the new GTA Vice City remastered. Either PS5 or Xbox Series X version work.

Yeah that remaster is uh. Something not done too well from what I've seen. I wanted it to be good but I'd wait for a big fix or a huge sale on it.

Hobear wrote:

Yeah that remaster is uh. Something not done too well from what I've seen. I wanted it to be good but I'd wait for a big fix or a huge sale on it.

I wonder if anyone has done a GTA Remaster vs Warcraft 3 Reforged?
Whoever wins, gamers lose.

Yeah, reviews are clearly taken with proverbial grains of salt, but Forza Horizon 5 is currently at a 92 on Metacritic with a user score of 8.7. It's pretty universally considered to be great. The GTA remaster? A 57, with a user score of . . . 0.9. Now, sure, there's undoubtedly melodramatic review bombing going on, but I have heard literally not a single thing even vaguely positive about the GTA release, and if it was being offered free right now I wouldn't even waste the bandwidth or hard drive space. I've watched some clips of bugs on YouTube, and it looks like the laziest and shoddiest remaster so far.

GTA3 and Vice City were both ports of the mobile ports. I wouldn't ever expect them to get much better.

Opinions on Deathloop? $25 has my attention.

Edit- ps5 only. Oh well.

Current gog.com games that are free. You likely already own some of them

Damn. New first party Nintendo games $26.99 at GameStop. Go go go!

BotW, Xenoblade, Splatoon, etc. all lowest price ever.

EDIT: Also digital versions. Whoa.

Nimcosi wrote:

Current gog.com games that are free. You likely already own some of them

I was missing 7 of them. Thanks.

Vice City just reminds me of a fun time in the past.

Nimcosi wrote:

Current gog.com games that are free. You likely already own some of them

A word of recommendation for Lure of the Temptress - a point-and-click adventure that was revolutionary in its day. Specifically, NPCs did not stand in one spot the whole time, but had their own lives and routines, and would walk around town, doing tasks and having conversations with other NPCs. Of course, it was somewhat of an illusion; they did not really have agency, but, rather, a routine that repeated itself over and over. Still. It blew our minds 30 years ago. Funny to reflect how far we've come.

Stele wrote:

Damn. New first party Nintendo games $26.99

Yes, I got an alert that Fire Emblem: Three Houses was at its lowest-ever price. If only I had infinite time to play all these games...

Yeah Astral Chain is listed at $39.99 lowest price ever on Deku Deals. But it's $27 digital after you add to cart at Gamestop. I couldn't pass up that deal.

I'm still thinking about Xenoblade since I already have it on Wii and never finished...

And reading some reviews on Paper Mario and Kirby. But 1st party games are never that cheap. It's tempting to buy them all.

Stele wrote:

Yeah Astral Chain is listed at $39.99 lowest price ever on Deku Deals. But it's $27 digital after you add to cart at Gamestop. I couldn't pass up that deal.

I'm still thinking about Xenoblade since I already have it on Wii and never finished...

And reading some reviews on Paper Mario and Kirby. But 1st party games are never that cheap. It's tempting to buy them all.

Do they email you the code or do you get it in the mail?

Balthezor wrote:

Vice City just reminds me of a fun time in the past.

These version are so bad Rockstar is putting the old pc versions back up and giving them to folks for free if they bought the remaster.

I mean, I feel ya on the good memories, but this is Rockstar/2K doing the ol cash grab in the worst way possible. Hopefully they get it up to snuff.

Baron Of Hell wrote:
Stele wrote:

Yeah Astral Chain is listed at $39.99 lowest price ever on Deku Deals. But it's $27 digital after you add to cart at Gamestop. I couldn't pass up that deal.

I'm still thinking about Xenoblade since I already have it on Wii and never finished...

And reading some reviews on Paper Mario and Kirby. But 1st party games are never that cheap. It's tempting to buy them all.

Do they email you the code or do you get it in the mail?

Email. I had Astral Chain downloaded and ready to play 15 minutes after I posted the sale.

Stele wrote:

Damn. New first party Nintendo games $26.99 at GameStop. Go go go!

Thanks! I own most of them already, but I will be grabbing Astral Chain for that price.