Steam Summer Sale 2013 - It's never really over

Picked up Defender's Quest. I'm not usually into tower defense much but I'm greatly enjoying this!

Small tip, the first two characters you get don't have the correct number of skill points because they start at the wrong level. You can correct this by re-speccing them.

Hyetal wrote:

There's also this: http://store.steampowered.com/recomm... (Most wanted)

Ah ha! That loads much faster than the other wishlist site. Looks like everybody on my friends list is getting Antichamber from me as soon as it goes on discount because that game was just great.

That's that surreal FPPuzzler, right?

DeThroned wrote:

First off is not being here for just "free games".

That was meant as a joke... :\

in any case, it's more fun to gift games than to be gifted them in my opinion.
And I actually have a job now, so this will be the first Steam sale that I actually try to load my wallet beforehand.

Do I need to know what the deal is with this whole trading card bizness before the steam sale? Cuz I've basically been ignoring it.

Ah, forgot about antichamber. I am hoping for a good sale on it.

Aaron D. wrote:

That's that surreal FPPuzzler, right?

Yes.

Chaz wrote:

Do I need to know what the deal is with this whole trading card bizness before the steam sale? Cuz I've basically been ignoring it.

Yes, yes you do. Then you must also look into getting hats for TF2 as well.

hmmm... so it looks like you just join the Steam group and they'll give out beta codes at some point? I have been interested in the trading card system since I heard about it on GiantBomb. We'll see if I can get my hands on a code.

WizKid wrote:
Chaz wrote:

Do I need to know what the deal is with this whole trading card bizness before the steam sale? Cuz I've basically been ignoring it.

Yes, yes you do. Then you must also look into getting hats for TF2 as well.

No hattes!

JillSammich wrote:

hmmm... so it looks like you just join the Steam group and they'll give out beta codes at some point? I have been interested in the trading card system since I heard about it on GiantBomb. We'll see if I can get my hands on a code.

Also, it goes out of Beta tomorrow, so there's no reason to get desperate.

well... that was quick. I just got an invite. Now I have beta access for the next... 16 hours or so.

JillSammich wrote:

well... that was quick. I just got an invite. Now I have beta access for the next... 16 hours or so. :P

IMAGE(http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Boy-That-Escalated-Quickly-Anchorman.gif)

Tangle, you are the sports arena scoreboard of GWJ.

oilypenguin wrote:

Tangle, you are the sports arena scoreboard of GWJ.

I always keep track of the pitch count

The Steam sale is that wonderful season where I get to flex the often underrated skill of coming up with really dumb stuff to write in the mandatory message fields that go along with each gift.

JillSammich wrote:

well... that was quick. I just got an invite. Now I have beta access for the next... 16 hours or so. :P

I also have Beta access for trading cards, if anyone else is curious, please let me know and I'll send an invite your way.

Apollo0507 wrote:
JillSammich wrote:

well... that was quick. I just got an invite. Now I have beta access for the next... 16 hours or so. :P

I also have Beta access for trading cards, if anyone else is curious, please let me know and I'll send an invite your way.

If you could hit me with one that would be great.

psoplayer wrote:

The Steam sale is that wonderful season where I get to flex the often underrated skill of coming up with really dumb stuff to write in the mandatory message fields that go along with each gift.

That's one of my favorite things.

Kamakazi010654 wrote:

If you could hit me with one that would be great.

Steam Friend request sent!

Apollo0507 wrote:
Kamakazi010654 wrote:

If you could hit me with one that would be great.

Steam Friend request sent!

Accepted.

JillSammich wrote:
DeThroned wrote:

First off is not being here for just "free games".

That was meant as a joke... :\r

in any case, it's more fun to gift games than to be gifted them in my opinion.
And I actually have a job now, so this will be the first Steam sale that I actually try to load my wallet beforehand.

Whoops, saw 0mnom talk about free games and didn't see it was in reference to your post. Regardless, I stick by everything else I posted about how this place is awesome and getting involved is a top prioritah! (said Cartman style)

Now that I read it I see that it was definitely a joke as you posted it. Apparently my reading comprehension sucks early in the morning

Jucofett wrote:

Use the Steam sale only for fun.
Think of the money you spend as the cost of your entertainment.
Set a dollar limit and stick to it.
Set a time limit and stick to it.
Accept adding to the pile as part of the game.
Don't borrow money to add to the pile.
Don't let the Steam Sale interfere with family, friends or work.
Don't use the Steam sale as a way to cope with emotional or physical pain.
Know the warning signs of a pile problem.

that looks like a sane,.reasonable way to suck all the fun out of it.

Okay, so I'm personally down to Euro Truck Simulator 2 at 75% off or more, never buying a Bethesda game again no matter how good it looks, gifting a couple things out, and maybe a guilty pleasure.

152 unread posts since yesterday, and the sale hasn't evenstarted yet! Let the skimming begin.

cheesycrouton wrote:

152 unread posts since yesterday, and the sale hasn't evenstarted yet! Let the skimming begin. :)

We still need to beat last year preemptive posting.

Which was over 1000 posts, right?

I've also got one more invite to the trading card beta if anyone wants it. Probably going to start selling cards to try and get some wallet funds for the sale

Manach wrote:
cheesycrouton wrote:

152 unread posts since yesterday, and the sale hasn't evenstarted yet! Let the skimming begin. :)

We still need to beat last year preemptive posting.

Which was over 1000 posts, right?

We did start rather earlier with that one I think.

I too have a Beta Card invite available if anyone wants it, PM me your steam id if im not already on your list.

plavonica wrote:
Manach wrote:
cheesycrouton wrote:

152 unread posts since yesterday, and the sale hasn't evenstarted yet! Let the skimming begin. :)

We still need to beat last year preemptive posting.

Which was over 1000 posts, right?

We did start rather earlier with that one I think.

It was just over 1000 posts. This post on page 35.

Time to step up our game.

MrAndrewJ wrote:

Okay, so I'm personally down to Euro Truck Simulator 2 at 75% off or more, never buying a Bethesda game again no matter how good it looks, gifting a couple things out, and maybe a guilty pleasure.

ETS2 will not disappoint. Trust us.