Yet another headphone thread

That little $100 job looks downright decent. Headphones.com used to have one a lot like that, except it used three AA batteries to boost output on USB, instead of a second USB port. That made it portable, but it was on the large side for hauling around. The dual-USB approach seems better for many uses.

(They don't seem to have that old model anymore; they've gone way upscale. They're more interested in the kilobuck than the hectobuck crowd.)

The Fulla and Hel are both great devices if you want a very simple and easy to use but still high quality audio setup and want a mic input to go with it.

The Hel in particular is genuinely great for its given purposes.

Schiit is one of the most consistently improving companies in specialty audio.

They keep finding new ways to make their more value oriented products gain more and more value.

The Magni 3+ and Magni Heresy compete with amps that cost three times as much and often measure better on frequency response, noise floor, distortion, etc.

Okay, is there any consensus on true-wireless earphones that don't cost $100, that are reliable even if they don't suffice for audiophiles? My partner's looking and she tried some Jabra Elite 65ts (I think) and they were too big. She just ordered some TaoTronics SoundLiberty 53s so we'll see how they work out.

For a short while--maybe 18 months--I'd've checked The Wirecutter, but that's become unreliable for me.

muraii wrote:

Okay, is there any consensus on true-wireless earphones that don't cost $100, that are reliable even if they don't suffice for audiophiles? My partner's looking and she tried some Jabra Elite 65ts (I think) and they were too big. She just ordered some TaoTronics SoundLiberty 53s so we'll see how they work out.

For a short while--maybe 18 months--I'd've checked The Wirecutter, but that's become unreliable for me.

This might help

For <$100, they recommend the Anker Soundcore Liberty Air 2 Wireless Earbuds

Chairman_Mao wrote:
muraii wrote:

Okay, is there any consensus on true-wireless earphones that don't cost $100, that are reliable even if they don't suffice for audiophiles? My partner's looking and she tried some Jabra Elite 65ts (I think) and they were too big. She just ordered some TaoTronics SoundLiberty 53s so we'll see how they work out.

For a short while--maybe 18 months--I'd've checked The Wirecutter, but that's become unreliable for me.

This might help

For <$100, they recommend the Anker Soundcore Liberty Air 2 Wireless Earbuds

Many thanks!

(And what's with all the "Liberty" in headphones?)

muraii wrote:

(And what's with all the "Liberty" in headphones?)

Free from the tyranny of copper wires, I assume.

muraii wrote:
Chairman_Mao wrote:
muraii wrote:

Okay, is there any consensus on true-wireless earphones that don't cost $100, that are reliable even if they don't suffice for audiophiles? My partner's looking and she tried some Jabra Elite 65ts (I think) and they were too big. She just ordered some TaoTronics SoundLiberty 53s so we'll see how they work out.

For a short while--maybe 18 months--I'd've checked The Wirecutter, but that's become unreliable for me.

This might help

For <$100, they recommend the Anker Soundcore Liberty Air 2 Wireless Earbuds

Many thanks!

(And what's with all the "Liberty" in headphones?)

Freedom for your ears! From cord oppression!

I recently bought a set of Anker - Soundcore Spirit X2's. They are the style with the hooks. They're pretty decent, but the highs are a bit sharp for my tastes. Not a big deal as 90% of the time I use them for podcasts or books.

I got them off of Best Buy ahead of official launch somehow. Best Buy at the time had them for $55.

I'd held off for awhile because most of the lower priced true wireless would only allow you to use one particular side if you wanted to just go one earbud. For instance, you might only be able to use the left side solo, and you couldn't just use the right. So watch out for that.

IMHO Taotronics makes great "wireless" headphones but the true wireless stuff they make leaves much to be desired. The two I have tried are tinny and didn't block out road noise during runs. I haven't personally listened to anker true wireless stuff but I read reviews with similar impressions.

Tranya headphones sound much better, especially if you like bass, but are a little big in the ear. These were recommended by someone who posted earlier in this thread. @Mannish you can use these solo by just taking either one out of the case on it's own.

The Galaxy Buds + are great if you can find them for under a 100.

And yes I have a problem because I have more wireless buds then listed above.