Video Game Deals Catch-All

TigerBill wrote:
Higgledy wrote:

Is Midnight Club L.A. worth playing? Giant Bombs review says it's a bit punishing in the races.

Did you play and/or like the other Midnight Clubs? I enjoyed it when it came out but, haven't touched it since.

* I like the arcade-y racers, never have been a fan of racing simulators.

I'm a Burnout fan. Never tried a Midnight Club. It's so tricky with racers. If they don't have the right feel I tend to drop out of them immediately.

Edit: Maybe I'll just dig out Burnout Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit instead.

BF3 Premium is $12 @ Gamefly with coupon: GFDAUG20

For those of you who got the EA Humble Bundle and want to have the full experience.

So the current IndieGala bundle is Theatre of War

http://www.indiegala.com/

What's the consensus on these? The trailers they show are just CGI scenes with no gameplay.

*Starts 08/29* Amazon PC Digital Download Labor Day Mega Sale:

http://www.amazon.com/b/?&node=7266959011

Tomb Raider $14, Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed $6, Sega Action Pack $10, 5-Game MS Live Pack $7.5 & Many More!

gamelo wrote:

*Starts 08/29* Amazon PC Digital Download Labor Day Mega Sale:

http://www.amazon.com/b/?&node=7266959011

Tomb Raider $14, Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed $6, Sega Action Pack $10, 5-Game MS Live Pack $7.5 & Many More!

I was thinking about grabbing the Command & Conquer The Ultimate Collection bundle. Do these games hold up or are they just really dated and crappy?

gamelo wrote:

*Starts 08/29* Amazon PC Digital Download Labor Day Mega Sale:

http://www.amazon.com/b/?&node=7266959011

Tomb Raider $14, Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed $6, Sega Action Pack $10, 5-Game MS Live Pack $7.5 & Many More!

Just grabbed the Brave new World Civ 5 expansion for $15. Half price, yes please Really looking forward to getting stuck into the new stuff.

Paradox is having a Humble Bundle. From the newsletter:

You’ve been demanding it for months, but we were too modest to make it happen… until now! The Humble Paradox Bundle will go live today, 8 p.m. CEST (11 a.m. PDT), and you can make a donation to your choice of worthy charities while picking up a bundle of Paradox favorites!

Of course, some of our fans aren’t very humble at all, and they’ll want to make a bigger donation. Which is why, if you donate more than $125, you get The Big Kahuna package… a copy of EVERY SINGLE PARADOX GAME on Steam (not including Europa Universalis IV or DLC packages)!

The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena [Download] $5.00

Link

Cheapest price I have seen on this by 10$

Get hype for the new movie!

Not sure what the DRM situation is though.

Infernarl wrote:

The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena [Download] $5.00

Link

Cheapest price I have seen on this by 10$

Get hype for the new movie!

Not sure what the DRM situation is though.

AFAIK, all versions of CoR:AoDA have fairly obnoxious TAGES DRM, except the DRM-free version on GOG. It's a great game, but you may want to hold out for the next time it's on sale at GOG.

Infernarl wrote:

The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena [Download] $5.00

Link

Cheapest price I have seen on this by 10$

Get hype for the new movie!

Not sure what the DRM situation is though.

I think that's a fairly common price. I bought it for that on Direct 2 Drive in 2009 for $5 according to a quick search of my receipt emails. But I don't think I've seen it cheaper.

Yeah Riddick has been $5 repeatedly. I think maybe on Steam it never went below $10, but now it's not on Steam anymore.

Steam Greenlight Anniversary Sale. 50 Greenlight games are on sale.

shoptroll wrote:

Steam Greenlight Anniversary Sale. 50 Greenlight games are on sale.

Gnomoria for $2.72 is a steal for that.

KRZ, Rogue Legacy and Divekick are all pretty essential.

MannishBoy wrote:
shoptroll wrote:

Steam Greenlight Anniversary Sale. 50 Greenlight games are on sale.

Gnomoria for $2.72 is a steal for that.

+1

And here's a massive Humble Paradox Sale

shoptroll wrote:

And here's a massive Humble Paradox Sale

Anybody dropping $125?

I might kick in a dollar to get War of the Roses, it is at least a sort of fun MP experience.

shoptroll wrote:

And here's a massive Humble Paradox Sale

That's a great deal.

For what it's worth, I have created a thread for trading and gifting spare keys here.

shoptroll wrote:

And here's a massive Humble Paradox Sale

IMAGE(http://i.imgur.com/JDJpKlT.jpg)

The first batch are all individual Steam keys. CKII & Magicka are bundled under a single Steam key.

Curse you humblebundle! I thought I was good for the remainder of the month..

It amazes me how many of those I already have at least the bases game for. If there were any DLC involved, even just a bit, I might be interested. No big deal, though. I bit on two of these in the last month.

ChipRMonk wrote:

It amazes me how many of those I already have at least the bases game for. If there were any DLC involved, even just a bit, I might be interested. No big deal, though. I bit on two of these in the last month. :-)

Consider the Amazon sale. Lots of DLC for CK2 up for sale.

http://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/co...

I've got most of the games I'd want out of this Humble Bundle, but I'll probably jump in just to get soundtracks.

omnipherous wrote:
MannishBoy wrote:
shoptroll wrote:

Steam Greenlight Anniversary Sale. 50 Greenlight games are on sale.

Gnomoria for $2.72 is a steal for that.

+1

agreed, at least 20 hours of entertainment out of this one.

I hit 30 hours within a long weekend, well worth a few quid. Regular updates too!

BlackSabre wrote:

Just grabbed the Brave new World Civ 5 expansion for $15. Half price, yes please Really looking forward to getting stuck into the new stuff.

Yep. That will do!

Thanks for the heads up.

maverickz wrote:

Consider the Amazon sale. Lots of DLC for CK2 up for sale.

http://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/co...

Yeah. I'd be all over that but I just got EU IV and the Civ 5 Expansion, so... Good stuff, though.

Oh man, this is bad. All the Sims 3 expansions are half price during Amazon's game sale.

BadKen wrote:

Oh man, this is bad. All the Sims 3 expansions are half price during Amazon's game sale.

Hm I just got the sims from the humble bundle and I've been eyeing ambitions. Are any of the other expansions any good? The night club one was rather meh.

Steam Keys for GRABS!!!! Thanks to humble bundles I have the following up for grabs.

Mirror's Edge - Steam

Was hoping for Magika to be a separate key, but alas it was bundled. PM if interested.

Down to Just Mirror's Edge.

Bonus, and Andon enjoy the games!