Video Game Deals Catch-All

MannishBoy wrote:

Don't Starve is 50% off from the dev's site. Checkout through Humble. Steam key, Chrome, and stand alone versions. $7.49 for regular, $9.99 for deluxe with soundtrack.

It's also on sale on Steam, but wouldn't you really want to give more money to the devs and get the added Chrome version?

EDIT: Missed that Steam has a two pack for $11.24, which is a better deal if you can find a buddy or want to gift a copy.

Also, note that you can use the key provided through steam to set it up in the chrome version as well. That's what I did and it worked perfectly.

superjars wrote:
MannishBoy wrote:

Don't Starve is 50% off from the dev's site. Checkout through Humble. Steam key, Chrome, and stand alone versions. $7.49 for regular, $9.99 for deluxe with soundtrack.

It's also on sale on Steam, but wouldn't you really want to give more money to the devs and get the added Chrome version?

EDIT: Missed that Steam has a two pack for $11.24, which is a better deal if you can find a buddy or want to gift a copy.

Also, note that you can use the key provided through steam to set it up in the chrome version as well. That's what I did and it worked perfectly.

Where do you register a code in Chrome? I can't seem to find it.

EDIT: Nevermind, installed the app and found the code entry option.

mateo wrote:

Okay, so because I have zero interest in Red Alert Uprising, Populous, or the SIMs, I find myself with spare keys. Anyone want them?

Still got keys for Populous and SIMS.

Is there a compelling reason for me to keep Crysis 2?

Preorder GTA5 at the MS store, get 1600 points free. Then they'll immediately convert them to $20 real money, because points are gone.

Weird.

Mateo, I love love LOVED Crysis 2. First 3 levels are a bit linear as you work through the tutorial, then things really open up.

Fantastic game.

So, Resident Evil 5 is available on GMG for 4 bucks. Any enabling? Anyone play this game? I'm not a Resident Evil fan, I haven't played one since the first one and even that was just half way through, but I'm not against a good horror game when it comes along.

maverickz wrote:

So, Resident Evil 5 is available on GMG for 4 bucks. Any enabling? Anyone play this game? I'm not a Resident Evil fan, I haven't played one since the first one and even that was just half way through, but I'm not against a good horror game when it comes along.

I wouldn't really call RE5 a horror game per se... I think I'm in the minority when I say I really enjoyed it, but it doesn't have the resource scarcity or creep factor that previous RE games had. I would say you would have to realize going in that it's more of a tense action game with horror game style controls. It's also kind of full of QTE's. Not as much as (I've heard) RE6 has, but it's still quite a bit.

I mean, as long as those things don't bother you, the shooting feels pretty decent, it looks pretty good, there's a ton of stuff to find and collect, and playing co-op is a blast. Just don't expect an atmospheric horror game because RE5 is kind of just a bombastic action game with some horror elements.

EDIT: $4 is definitely worth it IMO. I paid full price for the special edition when it came out, and don't regret it

Spoiler:

too much

I got hours of entertainment out of it.

RE5 and 6 are much closer to action games with a few hold overs from their survival horror days but not much. I don't really care for them much but not because they are bad games but because I was a big fan of their older games and these are something mostly different. Four dollars is cheap enough to find out if you like it or not.

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time (PS3) is only $15 now at amazon.

Note, purchase also include the downloadable version for PS Vita.

breander wrote:

RE5 and 6 are much closer to action games with a few hold overs from their survival horror days but not much. I don't really care for them much but not because they are bad games but because I was a big fan of their older games and these are something mostly different. Four dollars is cheap enough to find out if you like it or not.

It's strange, because RE5 doesn't play all THAT differently from RE4 - gameplay wise. I guess it's just the atmosphere and pacing of the story that bothers me in 5 and makes it not feel like an RE game.

So it really sounds like RE5 is more an action game more than anything, granted a passable one. Going to pass on it then, I've got plenty of those at this point, and probably save up my pennies for something else. Thank you all for the insight.

maverickz wrote:

So, Resident Evil 5 is available on GMG for 4 bucks. Any enabling? Anyone play this game? I'm not a Resident Evil fan, I haven't played one since the first one and even that was just half way through, but I'm not against a good horror game when it comes along.

I played RE5 co-op on 360 back when it came out. I wouldn't have cared for it on my own (the partner AI is apparently dumb as bricks) but as a co-op experience, it was a fun time.

If Resident Evil Revelations is on sale, skip the others and go for that one. It's much more of a horror game than 5 and 6 were.

"Skip" is a bit much. They were designed as co-op experiences, and they're good at that.

Anyone see a good price on Guild Wars 2 recently?

Get it now.

SallyNasty wrote:

Get it now.

That's a criminally low price for Rockstar's best game. If you haven't played it yet, $3.74 is very little excuse not to.

Also, while I hate carpet-bomb recommendations like "Waaagh everyone should play x!" as if that holds true for everyone, I make a qualified exception for Bully. If you like Rockstar or GTA-type games, I think Bully is the perfect manifestation of that style of game, by reigning in the scope of the game's geography, lives, problems, violence, and narrative, to deliver the most believable and human game in this form. It's also one of those games that we will never ever see again, at least at the AAA level. So for those reasons I'd think many people would be remiss not to experience it.

Gravey wrote:
SallyNasty wrote:

Get it now.

That's a criminally low price for Rockstar's best game. If you haven't played it yet, $3.74 is very little excuse not to.

Also, while I hate carpet-bomb recommendations like "Waaagh everyone should play x!" as if that holds true for everyone, I make a qualified exception for Red Dead Redemption. If you like Rockstar or GTA-type games, I think Red Dead Redemption is the perfect manifestation of that style of game, by reigning in the scope of the game's geography, lives, problems, violence, and narrative, to deliver the most believable and human game in this form. It's also one of those games that we will never ever see again, at least at the AAA level. So for those reasons I'd think many people would be remiss not to experience it.

oilypenguin wrote:
Gravey wrote:
SallyNasty wrote:

Get it now.

That's a criminally low price for Rockstar's best game. If you haven't played it yet, $3.74 is very little excuse not to.

Also, while I hate carpet-bomb recommendations like "Waaagh everyone should play x!" as if that holds true for everyone, I make a qualified exception for LA Noire. If you like Rockstar or GTA-type games, I think LA Noire is the perfect manifestation of that style of game, by reigning in the scope of the game's geography, lives, problems, violence, and narrative, to deliver the most believable and human game in this form. It's also one of those games that we will never ever see again, at least at the AAA level. So for those reasons I'd think many people would be remiss not to experience it.

butts

Tanglebones wrote:
oilypenguin wrote:
Gravey wrote:
SallyNasty wrote:

Get it now.

That's a criminally low price for Rockstar's best game. If you haven't played it yet, $3.74 is very little excuse not to.

Also, while I hate carpet-bomb recommendations like "Waaagh everyone should play x!" as if that holds true for everyone, I make a qualified exception for LA Noire. If you like Rockstar or GTA-type games, I think LA Noire is the perfect manifestation of that style of game, by reigning in the scope of the game's geography, lives, problems, violence, and narrative, to deliver the most believable and human game in this form. It's also one of those games that we will never ever see again, at least at the AAA level. So for those reasons I'd think many people would be remiss not to experience it.

Game game game I should proofread game game gold game butts.

GMG has Bioshock Infinite for $16 after GMG20-KCDKK-H4TPB. Seasons Pass is $14 (coupon doesn't work), and Bioshock 1 & 2 are $4 a piece.

Is Midnight Club L.A. worth playing? Giant Bombs review says it's a bit punishing in the races.

MannishBoy wrote:

GMG has Bioshock Infinite for $16 after GMG20-KCDKK-H4TPB. Seasons Pass is $14 (coupon doesn't work), and Bioshock 1 & 2 are $4 a piece.

Curses! Almost wish I hadn't seen this. Finished it on 360, been meaning to double-dip on PC when it was cheap. Plus the Season Pass discount too. Hovering over checkout button...

PSN Store sale

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/08/26/2013-pax-prime-indie-game-sale/

Journey and Tokyo Jungle for $7.49 each

I might finally bite the bullet on the two.

Balthezor wrote:

PSN Store sale

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/08/26/2013-pax-prime-indie-game-sale/

Journey and Tokyo Jungle for $7.49 each

I might finally bite the bullet on the two.

Only $3.75 apiece with PS+, so I picked them up. Also, Spelunky just released for PSN and is $15 ($12 PS+) with cross-buy so you get both the PS3 and Vita versions. This was on my "I'll get it on sale" list for 360 and then later was added to my steam wishlist, but $12 for both TV and portable versions finally pushed me to buy.

Higgledy wrote:

Is Midnight Club L.A. worth playing? Giant Bombs review says it's a bit punishing in the races.

Did you play and/or like the other Midnight Clubs? I enjoyed it when it came out but, haven't touched it since.

* I like the arcade-y racers, never have been a fan of racing simulators.