Video Game Deals Catch-All

No wonder some of you people have 500+ Steam games.

Eldon_of_Azure wrote:
Archangel wrote:
random elusive wrote:

Humble Bundle just recently came across my radar. Wow!

It's safe to say that you should buy just about every Humble Bundle for the foreseeable future. It's arguably one of the best values in gaming.

List of Game Bundles I know of:
Humble Bundle (+Weekly)
Indie Royale
Bundle Stars
Indie Gala

Non-Game Bundles:
Game Music Bundle
Story Bundle (Currently featuring Dr. Who books)

Don't forget the new build a bundle at groupees http://groupees.com/bamm

Balthezor wrote:
mrtomaytohead wrote:
random elusive wrote:

For someone who's played all or most of them, which would you say is the best game in each bundle?

Not Battlefield 3. The single player is kinda a pain, and MP is useless without premium.

Burnout Paradise is an awesome open world racer as long as you don't bring baggage of expecting it to be like the previous Burnout games. Paradise was my first Burnout and I loved it. Play with a 360 pad.

Thomas Was Alone is awesome in it's simplicity. Don't let the minimalist graphics throw you. It is worth every second.

Care to elaborate why BF 3 MP is useless without Premium? Don't think I'm willing to dish out more money for it.

My mate was in a similar situation, not wanting to put money into the Premium pack at this stage. We all played BF3 pretty relentlessly on 360, but have since pretty much fully migrated to PC gaming for that kinda thing. My advice to him was, if he was planning to get BF4 on PC, then he should use the base of BF3, both single player and multiplayer, to get use to the change to mouse&keyboard and away from controller.

Played a little co-op campaign last night, which was fun in itself, even if it is a bit short.

MannishBoy wrote:

BF has a pretty decent learning curve, and there are some things that you want to unlock. However, the best guns in most of the classes are the starter guns, so you're far from helpless. (M16, M4, M27, etc)

Sure, the guns are fine. Just don't dare get into a vehicle. You don't want to find yourself fighting a plane that has air-air missiles and flares and whatnot when you only have guns. Same with choppers and tanks.

PWAlessi wrote:
MannishBoy wrote:

BF has a pretty decent learning curve, and there are some things that you want to unlock. However, the best guns in most of the classes are the starter guns, so you're far from helpless. (M16, M4, M27, etc)

Sure, the guns are fine. Just don't dare get into a vehicle. You don't want to find yourself fighting a plane that has air-air missiles and flares and whatnot when you only have guns. Same with choppers and tanks.

Vehicle combat is awesome once you get the hang of it. Sometimes I play and my tank can take out a few others before becoming disabled. Other times, I can't even get down the road without being ambushed and blown up.

PRG013 wrote:
PWAlessi wrote:
MannishBoy wrote:

BF has a pretty decent learning curve, and there are some things that you want to unlock. However, the best guns in most of the classes are the starter guns, so you're far from helpless. (M16, M4, M27, etc)

Sure, the guns are fine. Just don't dare get into a vehicle. You don't want to find yourself fighting a plane that has air-air missiles and flares and whatnot when you only have guns. Same with choppers and tanks.

Vehicle combat is awesome once you get the hang of it. Sometimes I play and my tank can take out a few others before becoming disabled. Other times, I can't even get down the road without being ambushed and blown up.

All jets have flares by default. They patched that early on. But that said, I've never learned jets.

With some of the bugs that have happened on various releases, I've gotten to the point where I'm kind of used to a naked tank.

(There were bugs awhile back where if you switched game modes, it would wipe your defaults and you'd be back to no unlocks if you got into a tank, at least until you went and selected them again)

I assume with the Bundle that there will be some new players on the battlefield right now, so it's probably as good a time to get in as any post release. And it's a really good MP game if you learn it.

PRG013 wrote:
PWAlessi wrote:
MannishBoy wrote:

BF has a pretty decent learning curve, and there are some things that you want to unlock. However, the best guns in most of the classes are the starter guns, so you're far from helpless. (M16, M4, M27, etc)

Sure, the guns are fine. Just don't dare get into a vehicle. You don't want to find yourself fighting a plane that has air-air missiles and flares and whatnot when you only have guns. Same with choppers and tanks.

Vehicle combat is awesome once you get the hang of it. Sometimes I play and my tank can take out a few others before becoming disabled. Other times, I can't even get down the road without being ambushed and blown up.

I actually think BF3 did the best job that I have seen of the balancing act between rewarding long time players and still making it easy to get into.

JillSammich wrote:

Has anyone posted about August's XBLA Gold free games? Dead Rising 2, and Case 0

I don't think people have been posting those, but in case you or others aren't aware, they are giving games away twice a month so be sure to check back on the first and fifteenth through the end of the year.

It's your chance to get up.

Kamakazi010654 wrote:
PRG013 wrote:
PWAlessi wrote:
MannishBoy wrote:

BF has a pretty decent learning curve, and there are some things that you want to unlock. However, the best guns in most of the classes are the starter guns, so you're far from helpless. (M16, M4, M27, etc)

Sure, the guns are fine. Just don't dare get into a vehicle. You don't want to find yourself fighting a plane that has air-air missiles and flares and whatnot when you only have guns. Same with choppers and tanks.

Vehicle combat is awesome once you get the hang of it. Sometimes I play and my tank can take out a few others before becoming disabled. Other times, I can't even get down the road without being ambushed and blown up.

I actually think BF3 did the best job that I have seen of the balancing act between rewarding long time players and still making it easy to get into.

I agree. You're still gonna die, but you're gonna die in any competitive mp game. Throw down some ammo or healing near your squad and you'll unlock stuff pretty quick. Same is true of being a passenger in a tank or helo.

Jets, however, are a completely different thing. You'll have to teach yourself that.

But, really, for the price of that bundle just get the game and find out yourself.

For those getting into BF3 and want all the expansions (5 of them, which include a 20 maps, a bunch of guns, etc), Premium is $15 today. That's half off.

Also, ME3 for $6. There are other games for that price, but they're already in the Humble deal.

MannishBoy wrote:

For those getting into BF3 and want all the expansions (5 of them, which include a 20 maps, a bunch of guns, etc), Premium is $15 today. That's half off.

Also, ME3 for $6. There are other games for that price, but they're already in the Humble deal.

Thanks for that note! Looks like Assassin's Creed 3 is going for 14 bucks. Which seems like a really good deal

fleabagmatt wrote:

This is the best.

Also, I thought they were just doing it once a month (two games) till the end of the year, but I guess I misunderstood.

maverickz wrote:
MannishBoy wrote:

For those getting into BF3 and want all the expansions (5 of them, which include a 20 maps, a bunch of guns, etc), Premium is $15 today. That's half off.

Also, ME3 for $6. There are other games for that price, but they're already in the Humble deal.

Thanks for that note! Looks like Assassin's Creed 3 is going for 14 bucks. Which seems like a really good deal

Maaan, the Premium expansion is £20 here ($31), and that's WITH the 50% off. Regional pricing blows.

Strangely, the Premium Edition, as in the full game, is only £18 The ME3 and AC3 prices look about the same discout though.

Not that it bothers me, as I already have the BF3 Premium, but for thos who jumped on the EA bundle recently.

Thanks for the replies on MGS3. Discretion is the better part of value, so I'll save myself the ten bucks.

Can Origin please give me a sale on the stupid Bioware points? Pretty please?

I got sidetracked on my ME3 playthrough, and never went back to it. Now with all the DLC, I'd like to pick up a few and finish the game at some point.

JillSammich wrote:

Also, I thought they were just doing it once a month (two games) till the end of the year, but I guess I misunderstood.

Nah, they are giving away a game every two weeks. First half of the month they had Crackdown. Not sure why, but they actually have a twofer right now with the Dead Rising games.

fleabagmatt wrote:
JillSammich wrote:

Also, I thought they were just doing it once a month (two games) till the end of the year, but I guess I misunderstood.

Nah, they are giving away a game every two weeks. First half of the month they had Crackdown. Not sure why, but they actually have a twofer right now with the Dead Rising games.

Yep, it's every two weeks, giving away games you can probably get for about five bucks at Gamestop. DEALS!

MilkmanDanimal wrote:
fleabagmatt wrote:
JillSammich wrote:

Also, I thought they were just doing it once a month (two games) till the end of the year, but I guess I misunderstood.

Nah, they are giving away a game every two weeks. First half of the month they had Crackdown. Not sure why, but they actually have a twofer right now with the Dead Rising games.

Yep, it's every two weeks, giving away games you can probably get for about five bucks at Gamestop. DEALS!

That you've already played and traded away months ago.

Then, when you decide to pick it up anyway, because what the hell it's free, they won't let you because you changed you're email, and deleted the old ones like 3 months ago, but you still have to wait 30 more days because SECURITY / HACKERS MIGHT GET YOU 8-|

MannishBoy wrote:

Can Origin please give me a sale on the stupid Bioware points? Pretty please?

I got sidetracked on my ME3 playthrough, and never went back to it. Now with all the DLC, I'd like to pick up a few and finish the game at some point.

Has only been one Bioware points sale on PC since Mass Effect 2 released. Stocked up then, to finish off ME2 and in anticipation of ME3. Of course they decided they needed to raise the price on the later ME3 DLCs even more, so I still didn't have enough to get them all.

I actually didn't pick up Dead Rising 2, or Crackdown for that matter... So these are interesting to me. And they're free so what the hell. I'm not going to dump on MS just because the games are older. Live has a long ways to go before they catch up to PS+ but at least I get to keep the games for good, and it's something that I didn't have before.

Anyone have a link to free Dead Rising 2 for XBL Gold members?

I can't find it.

Aaron D. wrote:

Anyone have a link to free Dead Rising 2 for XBL Gold members?

I can't find it.

Here you go http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Dead-Rising-2/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d802434307ec

Sweet.

Thanks, PWAlessi.

I blew past that product page 'cause I saw $29.99 next to the MSRP but didn't notice the "Free for Gold members" text.

It was a good idea (albeit way long overdue) to start offering these free games, it's been pretty solid so far. Defense Grid, Assassins Creed 2, Crackdown, Dead Rising 2. One of the two games next month will be Halo 3.

Veloxi wrote:

Crossposting from the Vita thread:

This is the best bundle I've seen yet:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/PlayStatio......

3G Vita, 1 Year PS+ subscription. 4 GB memory card and a supposedly crappy game (Unit 13).

1. Your link is broken. Maybe this?
2. It's out of stock online, and the same at Gamestop yesterday when I saw the bundle.
3. It's only available online, so you can't search for nearest stores on Walmart or Gamestop. AKA, you can't buy it.

random elusive wrote:

It was a good idea (albeit way long overdue) to start offering these free games, it's been pretty solid so far. Defense Grid, Assassins Creed 2, Crackdown, Dead Rising 2. One of the two games next month will be Halo 3.

Only game I've owned already has been Crackdown, and I got it again for free because why not. I'm loving this promo.

Crossposting from the Vita thread:

This is the best bundle I've seen yet:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/PlayStatio...

3G Vita, 1 Year PS+ subscription. 4 GB memory card and a supposedly crappy game (Unit 13).

Stele wrote:

1. Your link is broken. Maybe this?
2. It's out of stock online, and the same at Gamestop yesterday when I saw the bundle.
3. It's only available online, so you can't search for nearest stores on Walmart or Gamestop. AKA, you can't buy it.

Dangit, sorry, I fixed the link, and it was in-stock when I linked it. Dang Reddit...

Garden Ninja wrote:
MilkmanDanimal wrote:
fleabagmatt wrote:
JillSammich wrote:

Also, I thought they were just doing it once a month (two games) till the end of the year, but I guess I misunderstood.

Nah, they are giving away a game every two weeks. First half of the month they had Crackdown. Not sure why, but they actually have a twofer right now with the Dead Rising games.

Yep, it's every two weeks, giving away games you can probably get for about five bucks at Gamestop. DEALS!

That you've already played and traded away months ago.

Then, when you decide to pick it up anyway, because what the hell it's free, they won't let you because you changed you're email, and deleted the old ones like 3 months ago, but you still have to wait 30 more days because SECURITY / HACKERS MIGHT GET YOU 8-|

I'm unable to claim any of these Gold freebies via xbox.com because apparently the credit card I had on file has expired... and that's somehow preventing me from "buying" these, even though the price is $0.