Video Game Deals Catch-All

Thanks to those who encouraged me to get Bulletstorm. I'm really enjoying it (I can see what you mean about the first 40 mins thought :))

Dyni wrote:
Chaz wrote:

Just making sure, since I haven't been following Asura's Wrath very closely. So the effective price is about $12.50 if the DLC is kind of required?

For anyone else that might be confused when purchasing the DLC, the one you want is Episode Pack: Part IV.

If anyone's on the fence about Asura's, but enjoys completely ridiculous, over-the-top semi-interactive games, this is TOTALLY worth the $12.50. I played this for a few hours yesterday with my wife watching, and not only was it hilariously awesome, she was completely into it, which shocked the hell outta me. Yeah, there's a lot of quicktime events (like, a lot), but there's also some pretty basic brawler direct control sequences as well as some Panzer Dragoon-style rail shooting. The sheer audacity of what's going on more than makes up for the really basic gameplay, I think, especially for a the price it's at right now.

Amazon is having an all videogame goldbox day today:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/goldbox/ref...

Seems to be a Skylanders/PS3 accessory day.

Pretty good deal on Bundle Stars includes:

Galaxy on Fire 2 Full HD
Afterfall Insanity Extended Edition
Air Conflicts: Pacific Carriers
Cargo Commander
Disciples III: Renaissance
The Journey Down: Chapter 1
Kung Fu Strike: The Warrior's Rose
Dungeons: The Dark Lord
Weird Worlds: Return to Infinite Space
Zeno Clash

All of them are individual Steam keys, and the entire bundle costs £3.26 / $5.00 ( though paypal will charge a small fee for conversion ).

Chaz wrote:
Dyni wrote:
Chaz wrote:

Just making sure, since I haven't been following Asura's Wrath very closely. So the effective price is about $12.50 if the DLC is kind of required?

For anyone else that might be confused when purchasing the DLC, the one you want is Episode Pack: Part IV.

If anyone's on the fence about Asura's, but enjoys completely ridiculous, over-the-top semi-interactive games, this is TOTALLY worth the $12.50. I played this for a few hours yesterday with my wife watching, and not only was it hilariously awesome, she was completely into it, which shocked the hell outta me. Yeah, there's a lot of quicktime events (like, a lot), but there's also some pretty basic brawler direct control sequences as well as some Panzer Dragoon-style rail shooting. The sheer audacity of what's going on more than makes up for the really basic gameplay, I think, especially for a the price it's at right now.

Few hours? You have no idea what's in store for you. It gets larger and weirder.

Believe me, I'm looking forward to it. I left off partway through Part 2 (sometime after the demo content ended).

Cragmyre wrote:

Pretty good deal on Bundle Stars includes:

Galaxy on Fire 2 Full HD
Afterfall Insanity Extended Edition
Air Conflicts: Pacific Carriers
Cargo Commander
Disciples III: Renaissance
The Journey Down: Chapter 1
Kung Fu Strike: The Warrior's Rose
Dungeons: The Dark Lord
Weird Worlds: Return to Infinite Space
Zeno Clash

All of them are individual Steam keys, and the entire bundle costs £3.26 / $5.00 ( though paypal will charge a small fee for conversion ).

Galaxy on Fire and Weird Worlds are worth the price of admission just by themselves, IMHO.

Yeah, that's a really good bundle.

Veloxi wrote:
Cragmyre wrote:

Pretty good deal on Bundle Stars includes:

Galaxy on Fire 2 Full HD
Afterfall Insanity Extended Edition
Air Conflicts: Pacific Carriers
Cargo Commander
Disciples III: Renaissance
The Journey Down: Chapter 1
Kung Fu Strike: The Warrior's Rose
Dungeons: The Dark Lord
Weird Worlds: Return to Infinite Space
Zeno Clash

All of them are individual Steam keys, and the entire bundle costs £3.26 / $5.00 ( though paypal will charge a small fee for conversion ).

Galaxy on Fire and Weird Worlds are worth the price of admission just by themselves, IMHO.

Oh man... my pile of shame... it's SO BIG already. But Weird Worlds is awesome... and... why's my hand reaching for my credit card. Hey, what the hell, stop it. Ow! Ow! Stop punching me!! Oh my God, where did you get that shiv from!? OK, OK, I'l buy the bundle, just please don't hurt me!

This doesn't help me at all...

All Persona games are on sale on PSN most are 50% off and persona 4 golden for vita is $20. Link is below wasn't showing up properly for some reason using the normal method.

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwo...^persona|bucket~games%3Agame_content_type~games

I've got a coupon for 33% off Stronghold 3 (good until July 31)- message me if interested, we'll have to arrange when to set the trade up via Steam.

breander wrote:

All Persona games are on sale on PSN most are 50% off and persona 4 golden for vita is $20. Link is below wasn't showing up properly for some reason using the normal method.

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwo...^persona|bucket~games%3Agame_content_type~games

That is such a good deal. Pick it up now if you haven't.

Simlarly, I've got a Steam coupon for 50% off of Dawn of Fantasy: Kingdom Wars. First non coffee grinder to PM me can have it for free (I'm not gonna use it anyhow).

obirano wrote:
breander wrote:

All Persona games are on sale on PSN most are 50% off and persona 4 golden for vita is $20. Link is below wasn't showing up properly for some reason using the normal method.

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwo...^persona|bucket~games%3Agame_content_type~games

That is such a good deal. Pick it up now if you haven't.

But Steam took all my moneys... *digs through couch*

I don't even have a Vita, and I'm kind of tempted to pick P4G up just in case I ever get one. But that'd be beyond stupid, since I think there's only one other Vita game I want, and they don't seem to be making many more.

I've got tradeable Steam coupons for:

66% off Gettysburg: Armored Warfare (expires 7/29)
50% off Trine 2 (expires 7/30)
66% Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity (expires 7/30)
10% off Toki Tori 2 (expires 7/11/2014)

Free to good homes that will use them, just have to meet on Steam to trade. I'm usually available after 8pm ET, Steam ID in sig.

I have a Steam key for Air Conflicts: Pacific Carriers and another for Kung Fu Strike: The Warrior's Rise for the first non-grinders that message me.

McIrishJihad wrote:

66% off Gettysburg: Armored Warfare (expires 7/29)

Friends, please do not purchase this game. Do not play it. Don't even look at it directly.

In fact, if you could take a rolled up newspaper and teach Paradox a lesson for publishing it, that would be super (though Mr. Rob Zacny already did that on 3MA so I think we're ok).

Chaz wrote:

I don't even have a Vita, and I'm kind of tempted to pick P4G up just in case I ever get one. But that'd be beyond stupid, since I think there's only one other Vita game I want, and they don't seem to be making many more. ;)

Upcoming Vita Games

They are making more; not sure how thrilled I am about all of them but it is interesting to see how many of them are indie games you see on Steam. It's a smart move for them to go in this direction IMHO.

Blondish83 wrote:
Chaz wrote:

I don't even have a Vita, and I'm kind of tempted to pick P4G up just in case I ever get one. But that'd be beyond stupid, since I think there's only one other Vita game I want, and they don't seem to be making many more. ;)

Upcoming Vita Games

They are making more; not sure how thrilled I am about all of them but it is interesting to see how many of them are indie games you see on Steam. It's a smart move for them to go in this direction IMHO.

Yeah, that list does nothing for my interest in buying a Vita. It's awesome that they're doing all those indie games, but I have a lot of them on PC already.

I apologize to the people that bought this on the Steam sale.

But, Defiance is on sale at Gamefly for $7.99. Almost 50% off the Steam sale price.

http://www.gamefly.com/Download-Defiance-Digital-Standard-Edition/5005204/?adtrackingid=cmju029

Use coupon code: GFDJUL20

Edit: I believe this is a Steam key

JillSammich wrote:

So how do these free games for gold members work? Can you only play them until the end of the month, or do you have until the end of the month to get your game for free?

I ask because I don't have my 360 with me where I am, but I "bought" Fable 3 last month, and I don't know if I can still download it when I get my system here.

You can get it in a computer, log in via www.xbox.com with your credentials and "buy" the free version of ACII through there, and you can download it whenever you get back to your 360(it can be after july 31).
I did that for fable 3, defense grid and now for ACII.

Sonrics wrote:
JillSammich wrote:

So how do these free games for gold members work? Can you only play them until the end of the month, or do you have until the end of the month to get your game for free?

I ask because I don't have my 360 with me where I am, but I "bought" Fable 3 last month, and I don't know if I can still download it when I get my system here.

You can get it in a computer, log in via www.xbox.com with your credentials and "buy" the free version of ACII through there, and you can download it whenever you get back to your 360(it can be after july 31).
I did that for fable 3, defense grid and now for ACII.

I did the same thing, apparently for about ~12 games that were on sale in the 8 months I had my 360 in storage. Fired it up a few weeks ago and saw my download queue.

IMAGE(http://i.qkme.me/3oc09m.jpg)

Not really a deal but the Defiance MMO has just dropped base price to 9.99 which is actually about 3.75 less than during steam sale. This price is reflecting on Steam, Amazon, etc...

Blondish83 wrote:

Not really a deal but the Defiance MMO has just dropped base price to 9.99 which is actually about 3.75 less than during steam sale. This price is reflecting on Steam, Amazon, etc...

I picked it up during the sale. It's fun if you like loot based shooters like Borderlands.

Amazon has the super-slim PS3 250GB Uncharted 3 GOTY Bundle, the one that comes with a full year of PlayStation+, for $220. I'm warming to the idea of not having to power up just to put my game disc back in its case.

For those living in South Africa. Kalahari is having a 20% off pre-order sale (only on some pre orders) http://www.kalahari.com/games/95474....

(Not sure if they deliver to Europe or the US)

*snip*