Video Game Deals Catch-All

Veloxi wrote:
Stele wrote:
Veloxi wrote:

OMG, been wanting RDR for ever, thank you!

Right there with you, and the regular version has been this cheap but I've been holding out for GotY

Exactly, I keep hearing nothing but good (well, mostly good, apparently Mexico sucks) on the base game and expansion, so I wanted 'em both.

Mexico just takes too long and the country seems desolate. The story and gameplay are still good there.

One of the best game narratives ever.

Undead Nightmare was a fun return to the game, which I played about a year and a half later, during October (for that Halloween vibe). It was just alright. Great flavor, semi-humorous story, repetitive gameplay.

I felt RDR would've made a great 8-10 hour game, but they insisted on making it 20 hours. The narrative is great in spots. Specifically the first and last four hours.

Chaotic Clown wrote:

Anyone ever bought from Simply Games?

Should this be of any use to a fellow Goodjer.

I can confirm that Simply Games is legit. I created an account with my name, an e-mail address and a password. I placed a game in my basket and proceeded to the checkout. I had to provide a valid billing address - enter your house number and post/zip code and then select "find" - to advance further. I selected PayPal as my payment method and everything went through as expected. 8 minutes later I had a CD Key arrive in my inbox. Steam recognized the CD Key as authentic and activated the game, which now sits installed and ready to play in my Library.

They stock retail copies as well as digital. I did notice when selecting my country (UK) that the US had 'CD Keys Only' noted.

Soooo.... Anyone interested in a 4-pack for God Mode? 10% off on Steam. I figure that's about $6.75 a head.

If I didn't get on with the Telltale Sam & Max games like a house on fire, what are my chances with The walking dead?

Scratched wrote:

If I didn't get on with the Telltale Sam & Max games like a house on fire, what are my chances with The walking dead?

Pretty good. They play completely differently.

Blind_Evil wrote:

I felt RDR would've made a great 8-10 hour game, but they insisted on making it 20 hours.

To be fair, this is my complaint with nearly every game ever.

Archangel wrote:
Blind_Evil wrote:

I felt RDR would've made a great 8-10 hour game, but they insisted on making it 20 hours.

To be fair, this is my complaint with nearly every game ever.

Solution: once you're sick of playing, keep going until your next death.

"And then, John Marston died. The End."

Scratched wrote:

If I didn't get on with the Telltale Sam & Max games like a house on fire, what are my chances with The walking dead?

Do you have a console?

I can't speak for PC/Steam, but both 360/PS3 have a free demo for the first episolde. It was enough to sell me in quick fashion and it later made it to the top of my GOTY list 2012.

Archangel wrote:
Blind_Evil wrote:

I felt RDR would've made a great 8-10 hour game, but they insisted on making it 20 hours.

To be fair, this is my complaint with nearly every game ever.

I agree...but not in this case, crazily.

Archangel wrote:
Blind_Evil wrote:

I felt RDR would've made a great 8-10 hour game, but they insisted on making it 20 hours.

To be fair, this is my complaint with nearly every game ever.

I don't mind a long game, even prefer them if I like the minute-to-minute gameplay. I could play 60 hours of Vanquish or Bayonetta. I played about 75 hours of Dragon's Dogma, 100 of Dark Souls, 530 of two Monster Hunter games.

But Rockstar's gameplay has never had those legs.

Scratched wrote:

If I didn't get on with the Telltale Sam & Max games like a house on fire, what are my chances with The walking dead?

I didn't like Sam & Max much either, and TWD is the best game I've played so far this year.

Blind_Evil wrote:
Archangel wrote:
Blind_Evil wrote:

I felt RDR would've made a great 8-10 hour game, but they insisted on making it 20 hours.

To be fair, this is my complaint with nearly every game ever.

I don't mind a long game, even prefer them if I like the minute-to-minute gameplay. I could play 60 hours of Vanquish or Bayonetta. I played about 75 hours of Dragon's Dogma, 100 of Dark Souls, 530 of two Monster Hunter games.

But Rockstar's gameplay has never had those legs.

Funny enough, this is the only RockStar game I've ever finished Paid full price, and enjoyed almost every hour of it! Highly recommended!

Chaotic Clown wrote:
Chaotic Clown wrote:

Anyone ever bought from Simply Games?

Should this be of any use to a fellow Goodjer.

I can confirm that Simply Games is legit. I created an account with my name, an e-mail address and a password. I placed a game in my basket and proceeded to the checkout. I had to provide a valid billing address - enter your house number and post/zip code and then select "find" - to advance further. I selected PayPal as my payment method and everything went through as expected. 8 minutes later I had a CD Key arrive in my inbox. Steam recognized the CD Key as authentic and activated the game, which now sits installed and ready to play in my Library.

They stock retail copies as well as digital. I did notice when selecting my country (UK) that the US had 'CD Keys Only' noted.

Wow, just checked, and with the strong Aussie Dollar against the pound Bioshock infinite would be $36.50 Australian whereas the best price compared to the American dollar ($52 on GMG) is $49.50 Australian

trueheart78 wrote:
Blind_Evil wrote:
Archangel wrote:
Blind_Evil wrote:

I felt RDR would've made a great 8-10 hour game, but they insisted on making it 20 hours.

To be fair, this is my complaint with nearly every game ever.

I don't mind a long game, even prefer them if I like the minute-to-minute gameplay. I could play 60 hours of Vanquish or Bayonetta. I played about 75 hours of Dragon's Dogma, 100 of Dark Souls, 530 of two Monster Hunter games.

But Rockstar's gameplay has never had those legs.

Funny enough, this is the only RockStar game I've ever finished Paid full price, and enjoyed almost every hour of it! Highly recommended!

Yeah, this is definitely the exception (though I also finished GTA3, and only stopped playing VC because my Xbox 1 died and lost my save).

Heck, the controls for RDR aren't even quite as inexcusable as the usual Rockstar abortion. Not good, but better.

Tanglebones wrote:

Free Europa Universalis 3 on Gamefly for the next little bit:
http://www.gamefly.com/Download-Euro...

Interesting that I have to put in a credit card for this "free" game.

Iridium884 wrote:
Tanglebones wrote:

Free Europa Universalis 3 on Gamefly for the next little bit:
http://www.gamefly.com/Download-Euro...

Interesting that I have to put in a credit card for this "free" game.

Yeah. PayPal wouldn't even work for me.

Prozac wrote:
Chaotic Clown wrote:
Chaotic Clown wrote:

Anyone ever bought from Simply Games?

Should this be of any use to a fellow Goodjer.

I can confirm that Simply Games is legit. I created an account with my name, an e-mail address and a password. I placed a game in my basket and proceeded to the checkout. I had to provide a valid billing address - enter your house number and post/zip code and then select "find" - to advance further. I selected PayPal as my payment method and everything went through as expected. 8 minutes later I had a CD Key arrive in my inbox. Steam recognized the CD Key as authentic and activated the game, which now sits installed and ready to play in my Library.

They stock retail copies as well as digital. I did notice when selecting my country (UK) that the US had 'CD Keys Only' noted.

Wow, just checked, and with the strong Aussie Dollar against the pound Bioshock infinite would be $36.50 Australian whereas the best price compared to the American dollar ($52 on GMG) is $49.50 Australian

Well, there's a first. Should we all buy copies from the pineapple express via the British Isles?

Angry Birds Star Wars free for iPod Touch/iPhone (via Starbucks)
For the US Apple store only (anyone care to send a copy to a lowly EU?) Was worth a try, right?

Eleima wrote:

Angry Birds Star Wars free for iPod Touch/iPhone (via Starbucks)
For the US Apple store only (anyone care to send a copy to a lowly EU?) Was worth a try, right? :D

I tried to get a code, but it would just send me directly to the App Store, with a page saying I had already redeemed the code.

As a side note, my iPhone auto-capitalizes App Store.

You might need to clear cookies or use a different browser to generate a new key. It's the last part of the URL for the page that prompts you to launch iTunes.

Can you get it from the starbucks website?

http://www.starbucks.com/search?keyw...

Ego Man wrote:

Can you get it from the starbucks website?
http://www.starbucks.com/search?keyw...

I just tried that, and while it didn't work for me, I did manage to generate a code:

Spoiler:

Y439WH9ALX3Y

Try redeeming that one, maybe?

DisHonored is the weekend deal on Steam, once again at half-off.

Also, Farming Simulator 2013, 50% off!!

omnipherous wrote:

Also, Farming Simulator 2013, 50% off!!

IMAGE(http://i.imgur.com/PuMta.gif)

Kurrelgyre wrote:

DisHonored is the weekend deal on Steam, once again at half-off.

Not sure how much it is for you but this isn't quite the deal I was hoping for

IMAGE(http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/640/dishonored.jpg)

DeThroned wrote:
Kurrelgyre wrote:

DisHonored is the weekend deal on Steam, once again at half-off.

Not sure how much it is for you but this isn't quite the deal I was hoping for

IMAGE(http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/640/dishonored.jpg)

I feel bad for those that paid 119.98

Fortunately it's the correct price - $30 - on the website.

So it's payday tomorrow and I'm debating whether I save some dough and buy Dishonored, or buy Bioshock Infinite. Any thoughts?

Of course I bought it right before it went on sale.

Oh well, it's really good so far.