Video Game Deals Catch-All

mateofalcone wrote:
Tanglebones wrote:
mateofalcone wrote:

You Don't Know Jack (activates on Steam) is $2.99 on Amazon this week.

Does this work with multiple players hot seat, or is it a single-player game?

From the game's steam page:
Up to Two players on the same computer

And I don't think it's hotseat. Except for certain question types, it's 2-player simultaneous.

soonerjudd wrote:
mateofalcone wrote:
Tanglebones wrote:
mateofalcone wrote:

You Don't Know Jack (activates on Steam) is $2.99 on Amazon this week.

Does this work with multiple players hot seat, or is it a single-player game?

From the game's steam page:
Up to Two players on the same computer

And I don't think it's hotseat. Except for certain question types, it's 2-player simultaneous.

Well, couch-vs., is more what I meant. Still, I was only really interested in it as a party game. 2 players isn't gonna fit that bill.

The console version supports 4 players, but that's assuming that you have a console, and 4 controllers, and are willing to pay more than $2.99 for it....

Tony from Amazon posted this upcoming deal on CAG just a moment ago.

$24.99 pre-coupon, will work with coupon, deal of the week next week. The 2 CoH games and DoW Gold don't activate on Steam, the other stuff does.

Cheers,
Tony

The bundle is huge. If you're just getting into PC gaming, it's a good launching point:

1. Company of Heroes Game of the Year
2. Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor
3. Darksiders II
4. Darksiders
5. Homefront
6. MX vs ATV Reflex
7. Metro 2033
8. Nexuiz
9. Red Faction Armageddon
10. Red Faction Guerrilla
11. Saints Row 2
12. Saints Row: The Third
13. Supreme Commander
14. Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance
15. Titan Quest Gold
16. Warhammer 40,000 Dawn of War II - Gold Edition
17. Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine
18. Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War Gold
19. Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War II Retribution
soonerjudd wrote:

The console version supports 4 players, but that's assuming that you have a console, and 4 controllers, and are willing to pay more than $2.99 for it....

I don't know if you can still find it, but the Scene It controllers work great with XBLA YDKJ. I think I paid $15 for Scene It with the four controllers. Obviously that's getting further and further from the $2.99 deal.

THQ is finally doing some interesting things to get their games out into the people's hands.

Interesting or desperate?

Speaking of THQ getting games into the hands of gamer, for all you haters, one guess to which game is free on PS+ this week. That's right, Darksiders! No more excuses for the PS+ subscribers.

I own most of the THQ products for sale in that list anyhow. They actually produced quite a few good games, too bad their boneheaded management crippled the company via the uDraw and Homefront.

BlackSabre wrote:

Interesting or desperate?

They've been desperate for a time now. They're finally making moves (desperate as they may be) in order to raise the public profile of their IPs. They own some remarkable titles- at least they're finally reminding people why this is a publisher worth noting.

Indeed. Really hope it works out well for them. I want COH2 to be released.

Don't purple dildo's and porn stars raise the public interest?

PandaEskimo wrote:

Don't purple dildo's and porn stars raise the pubic interest?

FTFY.

LiquidMantis wrote:
soonerjudd wrote:

The console version supports 4 players, but that's assuming that you have a console, and 4 controllers, and are willing to pay more than $2.99 for it....

I don't know if you can still find it, but the Scene It controllers work great with XBLA YDKJ. I think I paid $15 for Scene It with the four controllers. Obviously that's getting further and further from the $2.99 deal.

Weird. I used to play the old YDKJ on Windows 95 and it supported 3 players.

PRG013 wrote:

Weird. I used to play the old YDKJ on Windows 95 and it supported 3 players.

Same. The chaos of trying to drunkenly cram three people on a keyboard was part of the fun.

mateofalcone wrote:

Tony from Amazon posted this upcoming deal on CAG just a moment ago.

$24.99 pre-coupon, will work with coupon, deal of the week next week. The 2 CoH games and DoW Gold don't activate on Steam, the other stuff does.

Cheers,
Tony

The bundle is huge. If you're just getting into PC gaming, it's a good launching point:

1. Company of Heroes Game of the Year
2. Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor
3. Darksiders II
4. Darksiders
5. Homefront
6. MX vs ATV Reflex
7. Metro 2033
8. Nexuiz
9. Red Faction Armageddon
10. Red Faction Guerrilla
11. Saints Row 2
12. Saints Row: The Third
13. Supreme Commander
14. Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance
15. Titan Quest Gold
16. Warhammer 40,000 Dawn of War II - Gold Edition
17. Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine
18. Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War Gold
19. Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War II Retribution

Showing as $49.99 for me here.

I'm guessing the deal just hasn't gone live yet, as it's supposed to be the deal of the week next week.

Yeah, it's EA and Origin and the new Sim City, but if anyone is getting the new Sim City, apparently pre-ordering by the end of the month will get you $50 off your next purchase.

Deal info.

$10 off 5 different games, not $50 off...

Guess it depends when the promo code expires. Surely that Jan 31 is the deadline to buy, not to use your codes?

LiquidMantis wrote:

Yeah, it's EA and Origin and the new Sim City, but if anyone is getting the new Sim City, apparently pre-ordering by the end of the month will get you $50 off your next purchases.

Deal info.

Edit: Fixed that for you with an important "s" in bold....

"Pre-order now to get a special $10 off promo code—along with tons of incredible Digital Deluxe Edition content. Use your code up to five times for $50 in Origin savings. This offer ends Jan. 31, so act now!"

And the code expires on March 15th.

Sorry, I didn't pay a lot of attention to vet it out beforehand. Should've known. Curse you, EA! IMAGE(http://www.bodymod.org/smilies/shakefist.gif)

Looks like Origin's also discounting stand alone BF3 DLC (not full Premium). The individual expansions are $10 each instead of $15.

Is this back on sale, or was it on sale the whole time? Amazon's THQ Bundle for $12. Steam codes.

Homefront
Metro 2033
Red Faction Armageddon
Red Faction Guerilla
STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl
Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine

I'd be interested in STALKER tanstaafl.

Krater is 80% off at GMG just now.

superjars wrote:

I'd be interested in STALKER tanstaafl.

Check your PMs

It was $7.50 during the Christmas sale but yeah, it's been bouncing around that price for a while.

Incidentally, does anyone want STALKER: SoC or Metro 2033? I have an extra code for each.

omnipherous wrote:

Krater is 80% off at GMG just now.

Don't forget GMG20-PJFEW-Y16HK for 20% more off.