Video Game Deals Catch-All

jonnypolite wrote:

Gravity Rush is $19.99 on Amazon. Wish I had a Vita.

I got it for free on the Vita with PS+, not played it yet though.

I posted it on the Indie Gala thread but I may as well put it here too:
http://www.indiegala.com/ $6/£3.70 for a few Steam games - well worth picking up if you don't already have all the games. I picked it up just for Painkiller

jonnypolite wrote:

Gravity Rush is $19.99 on Amazon. Wish I had a Vita.

I wish you had a Vita too.

DSGamer wrote:
jonnypolite wrote:

Gravity Rush is $19.99 on Amazon. Wish I had a Vita.

I wish you had a Vita too. :)

I'm only a price drop away...

Razer Taipan for $40?! Yesssss.

$13 shipping?! Noooooooooooooooooo

jonnypolite wrote:
DSGamer wrote:
jonnypolite wrote:

Gravity Rush is $19.99 on Amazon. Wish I had a Vita.

I wish you had a Vita too. :)

I'm only a price drop away...

Tell me I am not the only one who read that to the tune of Tomorrow.

Veloxi wrote:
tboon wrote:
gravity wrote:
tboon wrote:

Somehow I missed this: Imperialism 2 out on GoG. $6 gets you another one of the best games ever made.

Nice! I completely missed this series in my youth, and have been curious about it ever since the Three Moves Ahead folks started raving about it. Is it tough to learn?

I had a whole long write-up that answered this question in depth, but decided to go with the TL;DR version: They are tough to learn (although I remember 2 being easier to learn than 1), but worth it if you are interested in really good TBS games. Imperialism is one of the very very few games I ever bought a strategy guide for:

IMAGE(https://dl.dropbox.com/u/281072/2013-01-11_06-51-06_335.jpg)

(sorry for the crappy picture). It has been a long time since I played Imperialism 2; I remember it being easier because the UI was slightly better.

Yes, this, wonderful games that even hold up today.

I have this game, only the first one, on my computer at all times. If I ever feel real bored this will stop that fast.

Crysis or Crysis 2 $5 each at Origin.

http://store.origin.com/store/ea/en_...

Until the 15th.

Archangel wrote:
PandaEskimo wrote:

Has there ever been a sale on Minerva's Den on PC?

It goes on sale for $5 at the GFWL Microsoft Xbox Marketplace once every few months or so. I was hoping to buy it from GameFly since they're not Microsoft, but I've never seen it on sale there. As far as I know those are the only two places to buy it. You can set up a watch on Follow That Page or a similar service to see when the price changes.

Actually, it looks like it's on sale right now. It somewhat galls me that it costs the same as Bioshock 2 for me, but $5 isn't much to complain about. (And it's never been cheaper.) I'll definitely pick it up once I start and/or finish Bioshock 2.

Edit: Looks like it's due to the 2K sale that ends January 14th.

Thanks, I didn't understand that you had to buy PC games on an Xbox marketplace. I don't know why that would be confusing to anyone.

Can you work some similar magic on Mass Effect 3 DLC?

Edit: dammnit, I forgot how stupid Xbox marketplace is with is damn spacebucks. I had 160 points that I can't use since it's not enough to buy Minerva's Den, so I have to just pay full price and leave the $2 sitting in that account forever just like before. How can they still play this stupid game of having you make a $5 deposit to just buy crap from them?

Yeah, MS needs to implement a feature where you just add the required number of points for a purchase. Nintendo does that on both Wii U and 3DS, and Sony allows it with PS+.

TempestBlayze wrote:

Holy crap GMG is doing 25% off preorders on most games! use Code GMG25-XTYYZ-POSL1

Thats Company of Heroes and Sim City at $45 for me PLus you get GMG game credit.

I love GMG.

Sweet, I had $10 credit too. CoH 2 can't come soon enough!

Blind_Evil wrote:

Yeah, MS needs to implement a feature where you just add the required number of points for a purchase. Nintendo does that on both Wii U and 3DS, and Sony allows it with PS+.

You can buy PC games with real money. You have the option to use points or currency.

Not sure why that hasn't made it to actual Xbox games yet.

El-Producto wrote:

Crysis or Crysis 2 $5 each at Origin.

http://store.origin.com/store/ea/en_...

Until the 15th.

$5 in the us and £5/$8.06 in the UK....

MannishBoy wrote:
Blind_Evil wrote:

Yeah, MS needs to implement a feature where you just add the required number of points for a purchase. Nintendo does that on both Wii U and 3DS, and Sony allows it with PS+.

You can buy PC games with real money. You have the option to use points or currency.

Not sure why that hasn't made it to actual Xbox games yet.

On the "Games on Demand" section of the Xbox market place you have the option to buy full games for cash or MS points. It's a shame they don't do that for DLC too and just get rid of the MS points thing.

EDIT: Sorry about the double post

El-Producto wrote:

Crysis or Crysis 2 $5 each at Origin.

http://store.origin.com/store/ea/en_...

Until the 15th.

I've almost bought both of these numerous times. Can anyone enable me?

Demiurge wrote:
El-Producto wrote:

Crysis or Crysis 2 $5 each at Origin.

http://store.origin.com/store/ea/en_...

Until the 15th.

I've almost bought both of these numerous times. Can anyone enable me?

First one is a big, fairly dynamic open wold, at least through the first half to 2/3s. Lots of creative ways of doing missions, and you can approach them however you like to. The suit also builds on the creativity aspect. The end 1/3 introduces an enemy that's not nearly as fun, and puts you in a corridor shooter.

The second is more of a corridor shooter than an open world shooter, but for the most part, the cooridors aren't horribly stuffy. You can still move around, flank, and be creative on how you approach most encounters. Stealth is viable, but then so is run and gun. Probably my favorite shooter campaign of 2011. The stuff they simplified with the suit to make it work on a console controller didn't really hurt my enjoyment, it clarified how stuff worked a bit.

I liked them both. Also Crysis Warhead isn't bad as an expansion.

Are they deep stories? Nope. But I had fun.

I enjoyed both of them and Warhead. Yeah, the stories are fairly lame, but they are fun shooters, especially if you like to goof around. Also, if you've got the hardware, it's pretty much worth it just for the graphics.

Crysis 1 still looks really good now, they were incredible graphics when it was first released. I didn't really like 2 that much - graphics were obviously amazing but I didn't really enjoy the gameplay and the multiplayer was horrible!

How much DLC is there for Crysis 2?

The complete version was on Steam for $10 over the holidays. Is it worth spending $5 on the base game or just waiting for the full sale again?

EDIT: Oh never mind, it is the max edition. Wow. Origin beating Steam on prices.

Stele wrote:

How much DLC is there for Crysis 2?

The complete version was on Steam for $10 over the holidays. Is it worth spending $5 on the base game or just waiting for the full sale again?

EDIT: Oh never mind, it is the max edition. Wow. Origin beating Steam on prices. :?

Origin's beaten Steam on prices quite frequently, and vice versa. Origin has good sales at times. I know people like to hate, but I'm all for more competition.

AFAIK, the Crysis 2 DLC is for multiplayer. Last I'd checked, it had kind of died off due to the devs not really supporting the game to prevent hacking post release. I heard it got pretty bad. So I wouldn't worry too much about DLC.

Shame, because the MP wasn't bad.

If you're reading this and haven't already bought Thirty Flights of Loving, please stop reading this and buy Thirty Flights of Loving. It's 50% off at Steam right now.

Thanks for the heads up on Crysis deals. Liked the Crysis 1 and DLC a lot so picking up Crysis 2 for 5 bucks was a no brainer.

I like Crysis 2 so much more than Crysis.

At $5 a pop you might as well get both, but if you only want one... well, the first should be more fun, but it's not.

Demiurge wrote:
El-Producto wrote:

Crysis or Crysis 2 $5 each at Origin.

http://store.origin.com/store/ea/en_...

Until the 15th.

I've almost bought both of these numerous times. Can anyone enable me?

I never played the first one. I was surprised how boring I found Crysis 2 to be. Despite how narrow any individual map was, the number of ways in which to engage the enemy was what was disappointing. For example, it's not like the maps in L4D are not particularly lush with expanse. It's the dynamic nature of interactions that can happen in these maps that make it such an interesting experience. I use L4D as an example of how game should be- just as an illustration of how even limited space can provide dynamic interactions.

The maps were narrow, and the interactions were consistently uninteresting.

If I were the video-uploading type I could empirically prove that wrong. There are some really interesting, open combat situations you need to solve in Crysis 2. The first major fight with the aliens was an example. Do you enter stealth and take the high ground and pick them off? Take them head on? Do you maneuver your way to the turret? Do you stalk each one individually? Every ten minutes or so the game threw one of these situations at you. I feel like the idea that it's a narrow game is just a fabricated narrative. I think perhaps people should have played it on harder difficulties - it required exploration of your options. I only played it on super-soldier, but I would imagine with the suit powers and all it would be easy enough on normal to just plow through everything.

Anyway, I waited on Crysis 2, picked it up when it dropped to $20. I'd have happily paid $60 and Crysis 3 is a day one buy for me.

Blind_Evil wrote:

If I were the video-uploading type I could empirically prove that wrong. There are some really interesting, open combat situations you need to solve in Crysis 2. The first major fight with the aliens was an example. Do you enter stealth and take the high ground and pick them off? Take them head on? Do you maneuver your way to the turret? Do you stalk each one individually? Every ten minutes or so the game threw one of these situations at you. I feel like the idea that it's a narrow game is just a fabricated narrative. I think perhaps people should have played it on harder difficulties - it required exploration of your options. I only played it on super-soldier, but I would imagine with the suit powers and all it would be easy enough on normal to just plow through everything.

Anyway, I waited on Crysis 2, picked it up when it dropped to $20. I'd have happily paid $60 and Crysis 3 is a day one buy for me.

I bought Crysis 2 once the high res textures were released. I forget what the price was, but I think I paid at least $30. I can't wait for Crysis 3. I think it will be a good blend of Crysis 1 & 2 gameplay-wise.

I want a proper Far Cry sequel with good enemy AI and no aliens. Has that happened?

El-Producto wrote:

Crysis or Crysis 2 $5 each at Origin.

http://store.origin.com/store/ea/en_...

Until the 15th.

Thanks for the heads up, I hedged my bet and went with Sleeping Dogs during the Steam sale instead of picking up Crysis 2. $5 later and I am really glad I did.

garion333 wrote:

I want a proper Far Cry sequel with good enemy AI and no aliens. Has that happened?

Haven't their been two sequels to Far Cry?

It can be argued that the principal two things the sequels have in common with Far Cry is the word "Far" and the word "Cry". Not only was their developer not Crytek, it was (holds nose) Ubisoft Montreal. For my part, I'd really like a sequel/replacement to Far Cry 2 made by someone less execrable.

On-topic: King's Bounty: Warriors of the North is 75% off at Green Man. That's the cheapest it's been thus far.

Mafia 2 is on sale on XBL for ten bucks. Enable/disable me? Opinions please?