Video Game Deals Catch-All

I WANT TO HOLLER THE LOUD FUNNY WORDS!

Seriously though...If you don't have the Thief games yet, you definitely need to get them. They are super fun

BLATHERING BLATHERSKYTE

And yes, play the Thief games.

I DON'T HAVE A PERSONAL COMPUTER RUNNING WINDOWS OPERATING SYSTEMS

LOOOOOOUD NOISES

But seriously, I've been trying to boot camp this machine for a while now, but my college images the HDD in some weird way so we can use the new Adobe Suite (among other awesome stuff), so boot camp just won't work.

IMAGE(http://fixtstore.com/news/files/2010/09/brick-loud-noises-b.jpg)

JillSammich wrote:

I DON'T HAVE A PERSONAL COMPUTER RUNNING WINDOWS OPERATING SYSTEMS

LOOOOOOUD NOISES

But seriously, I've been trying to boot camp this machine for a while now, but my college images the HDD in some weird way so we can use the new Adobe Suite (among other awesome stuff), so boot camp just won't work.

Take a look at virtualisation (for instance with virtutalbox), running an OS inside an OS, and holding it's 'hard-drive' within a file on the host. Thief/Theif2 are from the 90s, and I'm pretty sure T1 may not need hardware acceleration, and T2's 3D requirements are pretty basic by contemporary standards (it's a directx seven game), so even passed through a few wrapper layers to the mac it'll probably run.

NO EXCUSES!!!

JillSammich wrote:

I DON'T HAVE A PERSONAL COMPUTER RUNNING WINDOWS OPERATING SYSTEMS

LOOOOOOUD NOISES

But seriously, I've been trying to boot camp this machine for a while now, but my college images the HDD in some weird way so we can use the new Adobe Suite (among other awesome stuff), so boot camp just won't work.

LOOK INTO CROSSOVER

sweet, thanks guys... I'm researching now

Anyone know of a deal on the XCom DLC for PC? The Slingshot pack has been full price on Steam throughout the Steam sale since I've started checking.

LeapingGnome wrote:

Anyone know of a deal on the XCom DLC for PC? The Slingshot pack has been full price on Steam throughout the Steam sale since I've started checking.

Green Man Gaming has it, and they have a 20% off code (posted it up thread and it's on their site). Not a great deal, but something.

If you read the customer reviews on GMG for the Slingshot DLC, I don't think I'm even going to bother..

omnipherous wrote:

If you read the customer reviews on GMG for the Slingshot DLC, I don't think I'm even going to bother..

If it was $2 I'd buy it.

ohhh I didn't mean anything against GMG, I use them all the time.

I meant that the Slingshot DLC was supposed to be not worth the bother/price

omnipherous wrote:

If you read the customer reviews on GMG for the Slingshot DLC, I don't think I'm even going to bother..

A lot of us here have bought a ton of stuff from there. They have some great deals. The biggest problems reported here were payment problems with credit card companies thinking they were a gambling site, and problems using their download client Catalyst. Catalyst doesn't apply here because it's a Steam code. And a few times they've run out of keys, but lately they've been just stopping sales of something before that happens.

If you scroll up this thread, you'll see people buying a lot of stuff from them.

Do what you will with that. I will buy stuff on sale from there if it activates on either Steam or Origin, but avoid their client.

omnipherous wrote:

ohhh I didn't mean anything against GMG, I use them all the time.

I meant that the Slingshot DLC was supposed to be not worth the bother/price :-)

I own the DLC and like it. It was worth it for 5 bucks.

All the love for the Thief games (which I also love) is how I feel about Sine Mora. Fantastic (and accessible) schmup.

Supposedly Amazon will be selling The Walking Dead for $12.49 - the $5 discount if you bought other games next week, or $7.49.

SallyNasty wrote:
omnipherous wrote:

ohhh I didn't mean anything against GMG, I use them all the time.

I meant that the Slingshot DLC was supposed to be not worth the bother/price :-)

I own the DLC and like it. It was worth it for 5 bucks.

Don't say that, my wallet will hate you.

Not sure if its a mistake, but I just picked up sleeping dogs for 4.49 on steam. They have it listed at 91% off.

blackanchor wrote:

Not sure if its a mistake, but I just picked up sleeping dogs for 4.49 on steam. They have it listed at 91% off.

I think it might be too. I just bought it at the same price.

Budo wrote:
blackanchor wrote:

Not sure if its a mistake, but I just picked up sleeping dogs for 4.49 on steam. They have it listed at 91% off.

I think it might be too. I just bought it at the same price.

Showing as $16.99 for me now.

Yeah, it's back to $17.Still a good deal.

As my next stop in posting this to every thread in the entire forum: La-Mulana is pay-what-you-want >= $1 until midnight PST tonight.

psoplayer wrote:

As my next stop in posting this to every thread in the entire forum: La-Mulana is pay-what-you-want >= $1 until midnight PST tonight.

My day has just ranked up. I can't believe this hasn't been all over my Twitter feed. I hope those guys get their time in the limelight before Spelunky HD comes out. They deserve it, but especially a financial break.

Just a quick heads up. Walking Dead is going for 50% off on Amazon's Game Downloads, that's $12.50. And if you bought anything from Amazon game downloads last year you probably have a $5 credit going for you. That makes it $7.50 for Walking Dead, not a bad deal.

maverickz wrote:

Just a quick heads up. Walking Dead is going for 50% off on Amazon's Game Downloads, that's $12.50. And if you bought anything from Amazon game downloads last year you probably have a $5 credit going for you. That makes it $7.50 for Walking Dead, not a bad deal.

Those who haven't picked this up PLEASE take advantage of this deal. An amazing game!

The Conformist wrote:
maverickz wrote:

Just a quick heads up. Walking Dead is going for 50% off on Amazon's Game Downloads, that's $12.50. And if you bought anything from Amazon game downloads last year you probably have a $5 credit going for you. That makes it $7.50 for Walking Dead, not a bad deal.

Those who haven't picked this up PLEASE take advantage of this deal. An amazing game!

And if you don't have a 5$ credit, to get Walking Dead, I will give you mine (seriously, PM me if you want that 5$ off by the end of the month, I'm not using mine).

Devil May Cry HD Collection for $15.99 and free shipping at Newegg.

Stele wrote:

Devil May Cry HD Collection for $15.99 and free shipping at Newegg.

Looks like Amazon matched. PS3 and 360.

Spec Ops: The Line
BioShock
BioShock 2

For 9.99 at Amazon
Desert to Sea Bundle