Saints Row The Third Catch-All

Ah, a bit like bordelands then

I would say more like GTA, but with no desire to be "realistic" or "serious". Think less GTA 4, more GTA: Vice City with a less obnoxious main character and guns that shoot squids that can mind control and a weapon that is basically a giant... toy with a baseball bat handle.

Also, what is up with Zombie as personality? I was told to avoid that for my first playthrough, but that it was funny after that. What is it? I'm curious!

It's a voice pack you can choose at the beginning of the game. It makes your character speak entirely with zombie grunts and all of the other people in the game act as if you are speaking normally.

Tamren wrote:

It's a voice pack you can choose at the beginning of the game. It makes your character speak entirely with zombie grunts and all of the other people in the game act as if you are speaking normally.

Ah, so potentially damaging in terms of not knowing what's going on. Kind of like playing Malkavian in Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines. Totally trying that with my second runthrough.

Tamren wrote:

It's a voice pack you can choose at the beginning of the game. It makes your character speak entirely with zombie grunts and all of the other people in the game act as if you are speaking normally.

The reason people say to avoid it is that you'll have a harder time following the story. It'd be fine for running around doing challanges or activities, but I'd change back to an understandable voice (at any Image as Designed) for any story missions.

I think he meant the co-op style was like Borderlands, Demos, but I've never played any Borderlands to know. Haven't played any SR3 co-op, though maybe I still will someday.

You can change your voice in the plastic surgery clinics.

Stengah wrote:
Tamren wrote:

It's a voice pack you can choose at the beginning of the game. It makes your character speak entirely with zombie grunts and all of the other people in the game act as if you are speaking normally.

The reason people say to avoid it is that you'll have a harder time following the story. It'd be fine for running around doing challanges or activities, but I'd change back to an understandable voice (at any Image as Designed) for any story missions.

It's also the token Nolan North voice.

Stengah wrote:
master0 wrote:
Spoiler:

When you are running around on saints floor spiked with radition giving you superpowers. It's just damn awesome.

I was sorely disappointed the didn't include something that would give you that effect in normal play once you beat the DLC, maybe as a level 50 upgrade.

Well, you can unlock the Apoca-fists at some point. No fireballs or super speed, but you can destroy almost anything in one punch.

cube wrote:
Stengah wrote:
Tamren wrote:

It's a voice pack you can choose at the beginning of the game. It makes your character speak entirely with zombie grunts and all of the other people in the game act as if you are speaking normally.

The reason people say to avoid it is that you'll have a harder time following the story. It'd be fine for running around doing challanges or activities, but I'd change back to an understandable voice (at any Image as Designed) for any story missions.

It's also the token Nolan North voice.

The zombie voice is the token Steve Blum voice, not Nolan North, who surprisingly didn't do any voice work for SR:TT.

Bonus_Eruptus wrote:
Stengah wrote:
master0 wrote:
Spoiler:

When you are running around on saints floor spiked with radition giving you superpowers. It's just damn awesome.

I was sorely disappointed the didn't include something that would give you that effect in normal play once you beat the DLC, maybe as a level 50 upgrade.

Well, you can unlock the Apoca-fists at some point. No fireballs or super speed, but you can destroy almost anything in one punch.

Ah, I unmasked him, so I got his mask instead of those. The super speed is the part I want the most.

I have no room for the ApocaFists when the chainsaw is an option

Fedaykin98 wrote:

I think he meant the co-op style was like Borderlands, Demos, but I've never played any Borderlands to know. Haven't played any SR3 co-op, though maybe I still will someday.

That's exactly what I meant - I wasn't comparing Borderlands to SR3 in terms of gameplay, haha. Thanks for the repsonses though, really looking forward to it.

Stengah wrote:
Bonus_Eruptus wrote:
Stengah wrote:
master0 wrote:
Spoiler:

When you are running around on saints floor spiked with radition giving you superpowers. It's just damn awesome.

I was sorely disappointed the didn't include something that would give you that effect in normal play once you beat the DLC, maybe as a level 50 upgrade.

Well, you can unlock the Apoca-fists at some point. No fireballs or super speed, but you can destroy almost anything in one punch.

Ah, I unmasked him, so I got his mask instead of those. The super speed is the part I want the most.

I loved the fact that when you jumped off a hill full speed it was like flying. Fantastic.

trueheart78 wrote:

I have no room for the ApocaFists when the chainsaw giant floppy purple dildo bat is an option :D

FTFY.

Yes, I used it the entire game, on multiple playthroughs, and it never stopped being funny.

MilkmanDanimal wrote:
trueheart78 wrote:

I have no room for the ApocaFists when the chainsaw giant floppy purple dildo bat is an option :D

FTFY.

Yes, I used it the entire game, on multiple playthroughs, and it never stopped being funny.

We're all entitled to our own tastes but I never really found the dildo bat to be terribly funny. I'm with Trueheart. Chainsaw's much better. Besides, it has a rainbow sticker on it.

Except when I'm a toilet, in which case it's Apocafists all the way. Not because they're a better weapon, but because it's hilarious watching a toilet run around pumping its gigantic cartoony hands.

My favourite gun is without a doubt the shark bait gun

Did... did I just participate in a chase with three carts that were being pulled by people who were in pony play gear?

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Oh man, and it gets better, the guy I rescued only speaks in autotune. *wipes a tear away*

Demosthenes wrote:

Did... did I just participate in a chase with three carts that were being pulled by people who were in pony play gear?

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Oh man, and it gets better, the guy I rescued only speaks in autotune. *wipes a tear away*

I literally just finished that very same part!

omnipherous wrote:
Demosthenes wrote:

Did... did I just participate in a chase with three carts that were being pulled by people who were in pony play gear?

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Oh man, and it gets better, the guy I rescued only speaks in autotune. *wipes a tear away*

I literally just finished that very same part!

I like the little touches like how the pulled carts all blow up like nitros filled supercars.

Falchion wrote:
omnipherous wrote:
Demosthenes wrote:

Did... did I just participate in a chase with three carts that were being pulled by people who were in pony play gear?

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Oh man, and it gets better, the guy I rescued only speaks in autotune. *wipes a tear away*

I literally just finished that very same part!

I like the little touches like how the pulled carts all blow up like nitros filled supercars.

Forgot about that, hilarious too!

omnipherous wrote:
Demosthenes wrote:

Did... did I just participate in a chase with three carts that were being pulled by people who were in pony play gear?

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Oh man, and it gets better, the guy I rescued only speaks in autotune. *wipes a tear away*

I literally just finished that very same part!

Zimos is the best thing. Please tell me you tried to stop the chariots by shooting the slaves.

Originally there was a player voice that was autotuned like Zimos's. They cut it for lack of time.

Bonus_Eruptus wrote:
omnipherous wrote:
Demosthenes wrote:

Did... did I just participate in a chase with three carts that were being pulled by people who were in pony play gear?

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Oh man, and it gets better, the guy I rescued only speaks in autotune. *wipes a tear away*

I literally just finished that very same part!

Zimos is the best thing. Please tell me you tried to stop the chariots by shooting the slaves.

I tried to, but that's when they blew up, does something different happen then that I missed?

Thanks to Merphle I've been able to try this out, and this game is flat out insane. In a good way.

Demosthenes wrote:
Bonus_Eruptus wrote:
omnipherous wrote:
Demosthenes wrote:

Did... did I just participate in a chase with three carts that were being pulled by people who were in pony play gear?

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Oh man, and it gets better, the guy I rescued only speaks in autotune. *wipes a tear away*

I literally just finished that very same part!

Zimos is the best thing. Please tell me you tried to stop the chariots by shooting the slaves.

I tried to, but that's when they blew up, does something different happen then that I missed? :(

Nope. That's what I was hoping you'd seen.

Bonus_Eruptus wrote:
Demosthenes wrote:
Bonus_Eruptus wrote:
omnipherous wrote:
Demosthenes wrote:

Did... did I just participate in a chase with three carts that were being pulled by people who were in pony play gear?

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Oh man, and it gets better, the guy I rescued only speaks in autotune. *wipes a tear away*

I literally just finished that very same part!

Zimos is the best thing. Please tell me you tried to stop the chariots by shooting the slaves.

I tried to, but that's when they blew up, does something different happen then that I missed? :(

Nope. That's what I was hoping you'd seen.

There was like a three second pause in my brain, then I burst out laughing again, lot of that on that mission.

Heh. I just hit the Red Faction joke. "Is that a real sledgehammer? I need to knock over some buildings and free some oppressed colonists. Alex Mason is hot!"

In other news, vehicles are a pain to control with mouse and keyboard and the game doesn't want to recognize my XBox controller for some reason.

Sorry for the double post. Saints Row 3 is awesome.

tanstaafl wrote:

In other news, vehicles are a pain to control with mouse and keyboard and the game doesn't want to recognize my XBox controller for some reason.

Do you have a flight stick, a Belkin n2te, nostromo, or something else like them? If so, the game can have trouble seeing the 360 controller even though your other games see it. In my case, I have the Belkin and needed to unplug it AND uninstall all of the drivers for it before the 360 controller would work. In a few other people's cases just unplugging their nostromo and rebooting worked.

CptGlanton wrote:

Among many other reasons to love SRTT, possibly the 3 best uses of licensed music in gaming history are all in this game. One of them nearly made me roll off of my couch I was laughing so hard.

I won't spoil any of them, but I'd give nearly anything to be able to experience them for the first time again. Right now I'm in the middle of my third playthrough (this time, with the PC version hooked up to my big screen. So much goodness).

I'd love to have the main menu music as my ringtone.

All this excitement has made me want to go back and do another playthrough.