Saints Row The Third Catch-All

Bonus_Eruptus wrote:
Spoiler:

Burt Reynolds as himself as the mayor? Check.

I now have to get my character some plastic surgery to look like Archer. She's gonna miss the boobs.

Don't worry, they'll be back!

So I put an obscene amount of time into this over the weekend. I found a nice little trick for the car theft missions. If you steal the car before you select the mission, then just drive to the target area, then drive to the destination, you don't end up with all the cops chasing you. I really needed that after that dumptruck mission. That was hard. Cops kept blowing up my truck before I could get back to the drop off area.

The only thing it doesn't work for is when you need to steal a specific car like the runner up wants the Torch car etc.

Also, fully upgraded rocket launcher is awesome.

You can also call for police forgiveness after you have the vehicle. That'll work as long as you aren't actively doing something to get the police angry at you (such as hanging out in a restricted area).

LobsterMobster wrote:

You can also call for police forgiveness after you have the vehicle. That'll work as long as you aren't actively doing something to get the police angry at you (such as hanging out in a restricted area).

Just don't jump out and back in, that'll re-pop the wanted-ness.

trueheart78 wrote:
LobsterMobster wrote:

You can also call for police forgiveness after you have the vehicle. That'll work as long as you aren't actively doing something to get the police angry at you (such as hanging out in a restricted area).

Just don't jump out and back in, that'll re-pop the wanted-ness.

Yeah, I did that. Then found out that you can't call for forgiveness until later.

It's weird though, I grabbed another vehicle last night and did my same trick, but it didn't work. It just said, look for the target vehicle.... maybe it was one of those one of a kind vehicle ones.

BlackSabre wrote:
trueheart78 wrote:
LobsterMobster wrote:

You can also call for police forgiveness after you have the vehicle. That'll work as long as you aren't actively doing something to get the police angry at you (such as hanging out in a restricted area).

Just don't jump out and back in, that'll re-pop the wanted-ness.

Yeah, I did that. Then found out that you can't call for forgiveness until later.

It's weird though, I grabbed another vehicle last night and did my same trick, but it didn't work. It just said, look for the target vehicle.... maybe it was one of those one of a kind vehicle ones.

Yeah, always watch for the vehicle icon on the map. If there's no icon, that's not the vehicle they're looking for.

Turned out it was a one of a kind one. The Peterliner. Got that one and now I've got 23/24 vehicles. Even though I know more will unlock later. The last one I need so far is the plane. That's hard.... how do you land it in the drop off zone? The cops shot a wing off just as I was heading to the zone too. Flying was rather difficult after that.

BlackSabre wrote:

That's hard.... how do you land it in the drop off zone?

With... difficulty.

Is space an issue?

If I recall correctly, you just need to get it to the marker. Doesn't matter how fast you're moving or if you're a few feet off the ground as long as you get close enough.

gains wrote:

Is space an issue?

Yes, because there's no landing strip.

You have to go in hard and aim between the boxes. They will tear your wings off, if you do it right.

BlackSabre wrote:

Turned out it was a one of a kind one. The Peterliner. Got that one and now I've got 23/24 vehicles. Even though I know more will unlock later. The last one I need so far is the plane. That's hard.... how do you land it in the drop off zone? The cops shot a wing off just as I was heading to the zone too. Flying was rather difficult after that.

That one was tough until I flew it about 50 feet off the ground, and the sniper choppers never appeared. As soon as you get within a certain radius of the target, it counts, even if you're going really fast. Just go out to sea a bit, turn around, and guide it in.

Too subtle?

My tactic was just to drop the damn thing into the landing zone. The fences never seem to mind when I turn over a smoking shell pocked with bullet holes and with three flat tires so I figure they can forgive some loss of air-worthiness.

Yeah ok, I watched a youtube vid of a guy doing it this morning and as long as you do the police forgiveness right away, it makes it easier to just fly straight there from the ocean side. I'll try again tonight when I get home.

Also, what's the difference between the stag vtol and the one you get with the special DLC pack? I've got the purple one already and it's all kinds of awesome. Also the Saints Tank seems better than the normal tank too, but I can't tell why.

The Saints versions seem more durable to me. Probably no real difference.

I still have the SR3 Franchise Pack that I bought for $13.29 during the Steam Sale pricing error. Please PM me if you're interested in buying it at that price (just trying to get my money back). Even if you have the game but are interested in buying all the DLC, this is all the DLC. =) Or maybe if you're considering inflicting it upon buying it for someone else.

Technically, it isn't all the DLC. It doesn't include the newest packs (Unlockable Pack and Horror Pack). Which is a shame, because the Unlockable Pack is cool but not if you have to pay for it. Paying for it is BS.

However it does come with a lot of DLC, and a lot of best game ever.

I have over 80 hours logged with this game. Dear god I need help. On the plus side, finished all the car missions. Now just need 3 more assassination targets.

Also, STAG is awesome

I'm at about 26 hours, 98% complete. Not sure what there is left to do. Got all collectibles, assassinations, and cars. Still have about 20 challenges, which I assume makes up the last 2%.

Thanks again, TigerBill. I may have to buy this again on the 360.

BlackSabre wrote:

I have over 80 hours logged with this game.

Brother!

It's interesting to think I spent more time in Steelport than I did Skyrim, but I have zero qualms with that.

Spoiler:

Infinite Sprint + Zombies on Arapice Island = Streaking challenge done in around 6 minutes.

I'm at around 65% complete. I'm level 50, have upgraded everything I can possibly upgrade and have mostly been just doing challenges and the occasional main mission. Have done most of the challenges now, but still have a few to go, like surfing the cars and also those side missions. Couple of snatch, escort and trail blaze to go too.

I don't know, I just have fun doing random things. Then of course once the main campaign is done, I've got the dlc missions. It's just stupid fun, but it's enjoyable. It's like at the end of a long day at work, I can chuck this on and not have to think. It's easy. I'm currently on a treasure hunt to try and get all the STAG vehicles back to my garage Like it's got nothing to do with the story, but it feels like a fun thing to do.

If anyone bought Saints Row 3 vanilla and wants MORE, I have a steam coupon for 50% off any single piece of DLC.

I got the same coupon. I pretty much have all the dlc I want and happy to pass it on to someone if they want it. Free to a good home.

Deadmonkeys wrote:

If anyone bought Saints Row 3 vanilla and wants MORE, I have a steam coupon for 50% off any single piece of DLC.

Likewise.

Does that work on the season pass?

I think it does. If you click on which games the coupon applies to the season pass is one of the DLCs that is listed.

F***ing awesome!