Summoner Wars Catch All

Pages

So, since there seems there is a lot of discussion on Summoner Wars, I figured I'd make the catch all.

GameCenter List

Strategy Articles, and discussion:

Summoner Wars Podcast

Official Plaid Hats Forum

One Minute Strategy Index

I Took My Skills to the Next Level When I...

Deckbuilding Series Index

BGG Summoner Wars Forums

BGG Complete Card List

YouTube Videos

How to Play:

No longer updating:

The Blagog Blog

Snagged it due to the talk in the iPad thread... not really sure what it is though.

PAR

Okay, Par, a few miles from me, can get it but I still can't? It's personal now.

LiquidMantis wrote:

Okay, Par, a few miles from me, can get it but I still can't? It's personal now.

I keep telling you to pace yourself!

PAR

Downloaded, will check it out tomorrow. Shoptroll on game center for anyone who wants to play

LiquidMantis wrote:

Okay, Par, a few miles from me, can get it but I still can't? It's personal now.

Try turning off your device and turning it back on. My iPhone had problems until I did that, and went back in with the direct link.

Long tutorial, compstomp tomorrow.

Add me to Gamecenter (Dysplastic), I plan on making this game my Ascension. Tactical board-based combat with magic-style deck-building elements and a variety of strategic options? Yes. Yes please.

par wrote:

Snagged it due to the talk in the iPad thread... not really sure what it is though.

PAR

Ditto. No idea what it is, but it's free and has a lot of buzz, so what the hell.

Dysplastic wrote:

Tactical board-based combat with magic-style deck-building elements and a variety of strategic options? Yes. Yes please.

This game knocked Hero Academy clean off of my iPad, along with a couple others, like Cabals, Tigris and Euphrates, and Le Harve. So. Much. Fun.

I was able to get it as well. I own it in paper, and play with my daughter, but I look forward to playing with others. I'm Cragmyre on Gamecenter. My only warning is that I can't guarantee more than a turn a night. I usually sit down with the iPad while relaxing in front of the television.

I love the paper version of this. Will give the iOS version a spin when I get the chance (right now the download is failing), and if I like the interface, I'll definitely get into multiplayer.

Thinking of picking up the paper version.

Dysplastic wrote:

Add me to Gamecenter (Dysplastic), I plan on making this game my Ascension. Tactical board-based combat with magic-style deck-building elements and a variety of strategic options? Yes. Yes please.

Why pick, have both!

Looking forward to checking out those links in the OP, thanks Athros. Gamecenter ID links here if you need it. There are a few Google docs knocking around, but this one seems to be the most comprehensive.

Bah, I still can't get this. Guess I'll give it a day or so for them to straighten out whatever snafus have occurred before I start writing mean emails. I do so hate waiting however, take my money already!

Anyone else having problems with the in-game friends list? I know some of my GC friends have it (says so in the Gamecenter app), but the list in game shows up as blank.

Dysplastic wrote:

Anyone else having problems with the in-game friends list? I know some of my GC friends have it (says so in the Gamecenter app), but the list in game shows up as blank.

I just need to load up some more credit when I get back to my desk (cannot go online without purchased content).

That bundle deal looks pretty sweet. 16 x 0.99c purchases to get them all separately, or $8.49 for the complete package? No contest.

Thus far, the $7.99 was totally worth it. Being able to try all of the Factions (without it being someone else's highly customized deck) has been a godsend to learn how the factions play out. I'm starting to settle on a couple - Vangards and Cloaks. I'm still trying the other Factions, but those 2 are becoming my favorites.

When this downloads, I will be playing and welcoming invites. drdoak on gamecenter.

Dysplastic wrote:

Anyone else having problems with the in-game friends list? I know some of my GC friends have it (says so in the Gamecenter app), but the list in game shows up as blank.

Apparently it only shows friends that have played.

So, here I am playing a Guild Dwarf with my Vangards, thinking "Sweet, this is going smoothly. I've got good choke points, I'm doing damage and healing what damage they deal, Colleen is on the field, so hits are coming in less" when, on this last turn, he wipes out both of my Walls with 2 events and a couple of engineers.

I didn't realize what being without walls meant until now. What a great strategy!

(*@^#*(%^&@&())&*(^#&(@()*#@()*#_)(@&)(*#^@)*(#&@_()**must not throw iPad**@^&%$^!%!%$@^&!$@^&!%@^

I'm really liking this game!

athros wrote:

I didn't realize what being without walls meant until now. What a great strategy!

So what does it mean??

When you summon a new creature, it has to be placed next to a wall, so if you don't have any walls, you can't summon anything new.

Natus wrote:
athros wrote:

I didn't realize what being without walls meant until now. What a great strategy!

So what does it mean??

Demyx wrote:

When you summon a new creature, it has to be placed next to a wall, so if you don't have any walls, you can't summon anything new.

This. So I'm sitting on 10 Magic, Kalon in my hand....and I can't summon anything. So I'm burning through my deck trying to find that last wall. I'm pretty sure my opponent is going to have it in the bag, since I'm down to Coleen, a Priest and my summoner.

Still can't download it, as soon as I try it says it is no longer available. I tried restarting my iPad too.

I am in. SpyNavy in GAmeCenter.

Looks like the multiplayer servers are down. I can't get to the online portion at all.

Update from Playdek FB Page:

Good afternoon. As stated earlier, the inability of some of our fans to download the Summoner Wars app or who are receiving the 'This app is no longer available' message is actually a glitch in the Apple/iTunes Store program and there is nothing Playdek can do about that but wait for them to fix it. If you are having issues with the actual online play of the game, please send an e-mail to contact@playdekgames.com. We will address all bugs as soon as possible. Thank you and have a wonderful day. ;~)

Source: http://www.facebook.com/Playdek

IT'S WORKING!

Honestly, I think the hardest part of this game right now is all the experienced players and the lack of chat. I'm getting stomped all over, and I barely what I'm doing wrong.

Lack of chat, still?

Playdek, go sit in the naughty chair.

Pages