2013/14 Soccer Thread

UCRC wrote:

Yep. And it's a good deal, I like Sanchez.

I've not seen anything in Sanchez that says he can carry an attack when he hasn't got world class players getting all the marking and laying on quality passes - neither of which he'll be getting on Merseyside.

ESPN should recognize me as an Arsenal fan by now and filter out the transfer rumor blogs for at least another two months. Stop giving me hope that a signing is right around the corner. We all know it's not!

Didn't Sanchez carry the Udinese attack before he moved to Barca? He didn't do too badly with Chile in this World Cup, though they have some quality.

Barcelona have apparently offered £70 million straight up for Suarez which would be bite-their-hand-off-and-accept money but since it's Barca I bet Liverpool get a few million more.

I agree with UCRC, their transfer business is generally abysmal and how the heck have they not signed some defenders?

I think that it would have been Di Natale carrying Udinese, to be honest mate.

Liverpool ? I think maybe they are relying on Aggar to bolster their defence after missing a lot of last season. Of course, if referees could actually spot the snide pushes and illegal challenges properly, then Skrtel would miss half the season through suspension.

bigred wrote:

ESPN should recognize me as an Arsenal fan by now and filter out the transfer rumor blogs for at least another two months. Stop giving me hope that a signing is right around the corner. We all know it's not!

Or you could be a true Arsenal fan and employ your evolved ability to tune out big transfers talk as white noise.

Pikey26 wrote:
bigred wrote:

ESPN should recognize me as an Arsenal fan by now and filter out the transfer rumor blogs for at least another two months. Stop giving me hope that a signing is right around the corner. We all know it's not!

Or you could be a true Arsenal fan and employ your evolved ability to tune out big transfers talk as white noise.

I just can't help myself

ALEXIS SANCHEZ PLZ!

More like DIRTY SANCHEZ

db

Roke wrote:

Didn't Sanchez carry the Udinese attack before he moved to Barca? He didn't do too badly with Chile in this World Cup, though they have some quality.

Barcelona have apparently offered £70 million straight up for Suarez which would be bite-their-hand-off-and-accept money but since it's Barca I bet Liverpool get a few million more.

I agree with UCRC, their transfer business is generally abysmal and how the heck have they not signed some defenders?

At Barca last season he also was their best player in some crucial games. Scored wonder goals at critical moments against, I think, Real and that last game vs Atletico. He doesn't hide and surely would be the best Suarez replacement that's available this summer.

Marca claims that Real just bought Kroos for €25 million. That's an alright deal, but I don't think he is a starter - Modrić and Alonso are tremendous in deeper roles and as for further up the pitch, even their bench has arguably better option (Isco).

Thinking about it, they are probably the strongest squad in the world football right now. Either them or Chelsea.

UCRC wrote:

Marca claims that Real just bought Kroos for €25 million. That's an alright deal, but I don't think he is a starter - Modrić and Alonso are tremendous in deeper roles and as for further up the pitch, even their bench has arguably better option (Isco).

Thinking about it, they are probably the strongest squad in the world football right now. Either them or Chelsea.

Alonso is done. And I don't think much of their defence.

Be surprised if they'd only paid €25m for him, mind.

But perhaps Alonso is done in same way that Pirlo was done? (point being, he plays in a role where you can reinvent yourself and keep going for few more years)
That defence isn't amazing, but I don't think any team can boast a great defence right now.

He was already immobile during the parts of last season where he was actually fit. His performance at the WC was abject, even by Spain's average as a whole.

Khedira is likely leaving to Arsenal. Kroos is his replacement at DM. Alonso is definitely fading, but the'll keep playing him this year. Modric and Isco will stay up in the CM roles.

What they really, really need is a solid CB. Ramos and Pepe are alright, but I can't see counting on both with their suspension issues. Varane just doesn't seem to be in favor and doesn't seem like he pairs well with Ramos.

Now comes the part where Dave tells us what he thinks of Ramos and Pepe.

Ramos is a really good player for 87 minutes - it's the 3 minutes that are the problem, as was demonstrated against Holland. That's why he can't be paired with a player of a similar temperament (like Pique, who's average for 87 minutes, then...). Pepe is just a mad sod.

Kroos should go to City. I also wouldn't mind Angel di Maria as well, but I guess we can't have everything.

You could have everything but there's FFP, Squad limits and the fact only 11 people play at once.

If Kroos goes to Real and we get Khedira as a hand me down I will not be very thrilled at all.

14.10 BST: Arsenal are confident Barcelona's pursuit of Luis Suarez won't hamper their bid to sign £22 million man Alexis Sanchez. Press Association Sport understands contact has been made with Barca for the 25-year-old Chilean who will be brought in to share the striking burden with Olivier Giroud. They also confirm a bid for Mario Balotelli will not be forthcoming from the Gunners while Arsene Wenger weighs up a possible £24 million bid for Real Madrid's Sami Khedira.

f*ck this. I'm going to the beach. I'm reading 0 Arsenal speculation until its official on Arsenal.com

Sanchez is a striker? 24 for Khedira? Ahhhhhhhh my brain.

Well, you paid £43m for Ozil, so it's not like you're not used to overpaying for peripherals.

NEW THREAD FOR NEXT SEASON !

http://www.gamerswithjobs.com/node/118134