NHL 2013: Blackhawks Stanley Cup Champs ; Kovalchuk bails on NHL and $77 million

Wow, Panthers fans can get season tickets for 7 bucks a game plus free parking. It would almost be cheaper for me to buy season tickets, fly down to Florida and watch the Bruins play 1 game there than it would be for me to buy a single ticket to a game at TD Garden.

B Dog wrote:
I love having Dalpe and Boychuk on the top two lines. They are both in mid-season form and dynamic players. I think both will thrive there, which means we aren't at a serious disadvantage when the third line hits the ice.

Boy did I get that one wrong. The Canes put Boychuk through waivers, hoping to reassign him to their AHL affiliate in Charlotte. Except, he was claimed by the Pens. So, now we're down a Zac(k).

imbiginjapan wrote:
Wow, Panthers fans can get season tickets for 7 bucks a game plus free parking. It would almost be cheaper for me to buy season tickets, fly down to Florida and watch the Bruins play 1 game there than it would be for me to buy a single ticket to a game at TD Garden.

ouch... the cheapest ticket to go watch the canuck is $100 and I thought that was bad, looking at ticketmaster you have to pay $130.45 for cheapest. As much as I want to watch NHL hockey, I think I will stay close to home and watch an AHL game for $15 on a night where they sell $1 hotdog and $2 beer.

$15 ticket x 2 = $30 + (35 beer or 70 hotdogs) = one ticket to watch the canucks.

Rangers got this big guy, don't even worry about it. Lundqvist too strong.

Bonnonon wrote:
imbiginjapan wrote:
Wow, Panthers fans can get season tickets for 7 bucks a game plus free parking. It would almost be cheaper for me to buy season tickets, fly down to Florida and watch the Bruins play 1 game there than it would be for me to buy a single ticket to a game at TD Garden.

ouch... the cheapest ticket to go watch the canuck is $100 and I thought that was bad, looking at ticketmaster you have to pay $130.45 for cheapest. As much as I want to watch NHL hockey, I think I will stay close to home and watch an AHL game for $15 on a night where they sell $1 hotdog and $2 beer.

$15 ticket x 2 = $30 + (35 beer or 70 hotdogs) = one ticket to watch the canucks.

Yea, the Bruins have had 100% attendance for several years now, and demand is still ridiculous despite the rising prices. I'm 10-15 minutes away from our local AHL team and can buy 10-packs of flex tickets for 10 dollars a piece. It's a nice way to watch live hockey without the crazy investment. Many of those guys are a hair's breadth away from getting an NHL call-up at some point. Plus the worst seat in the house is still pretty darn close to the action.

I found the website a couple weeks ago. Pretty addicting.

www.seatgeek.com

You can find some Canuck tickets in the 70 range on a weekday in the upper deck.

Cheapest Bruins tickets are in the 50 range.

I am going to the Kings-Canucks game in March with my daughters and found some $90 mid bowl tickets on this site.

Well, the Blues won the hockey game but I think they lost the boxing match.

I didn't expect the Jets to win this game tonight, but holy crow they imploded! That first period was beyond disgusting!

That Blues loss was garbage. GARBAGE!

H to the ickle wrote:
That Blues loss was garbage. GARBAGE!

I watched the first 2 periods of that game. Based on what I saw in the 2nd I certainly wouldn't have predicted a comeback.

Spezza is out for awhile :/

Guy cant stay healthy. Positive is he could possibly be back for the playoffs if Ottawa were to make it. Also gives a chance for Ottawa to give some of the youngsters considerable ice time.

Going to the game tomorrow. Very interested to see Silfverberg and Zibanejad.

imbiginjapan wrote:
I watched the first 2 periods of that game. Based on what I saw in the 2nd I certainly wouldn't have predicted a comeback.

I hate to be "that guy" but it was due to a totally blown call. The officials ejected Backes for a completely clean, textbook shoulder-on-shoulder check at center ice. Shanahan is going to have to look at it for like half a second before he decides not to suspend him.

Watching the Devils and being a fan for 28 years, after all this talk off PED and HGH, I have to admit I wonder if Martin Brodeur uses them, or if his PED is simply sisters.

So if you pull your goalie after 2 goals, what do you do when his replacement proceeds to let in 3 shortly after. Either way it's been a good period for the Pens.

Leafs - Jets tonight, this officiating is something else.. that's the second questionable penalty the Leafs have taken. The first was an absolute blown call, too.

nihilo wrote:
Leafs - Jets tonight, this officiating is something else.. that's the second questionable penalty the Leafs have taken. The first was an absolute blown call, too.

I was at the Sens Habs game Sunday and I've never seen a worse game changing call live. Makes you wonder what they are watching sometimes.

The Jets f*cking implode in the 3rd period. 1 goal lead and they don't put any pressure on Toronto! Pavelec might as well have a sign posted at the top right hand corner of the net. Shoot here, score goals! The Jets Power Play is an absolute disaster! We desperately need to get Buff, and Bogosian back in the lineup!

Disgusting!

That was a heck of shot from Kessel though. Pavelec saw it all the way and still didn't have a chance.

Rangers 2011 first round draft pick, JT Miller, scores 2 goals in his second NHL game.

MaxShrek wrote:
Watching the Devils and being a fan for 28 years, after all this talk off PED and HGH, I have to admit I wonder if Martin Brodeur uses them, or if his PED is simply sisters.

I've been wondering about PEDs and hockey players. I'm inclined to believe it's not extremely common since most participate in Olympic and World Cup events which means regular testing. I wouldn't be surprised if it was revealed they were all drugged up but I always hope that isn't the case.

Thomas traded. \

I know Thomas deciding not to play was old news, but I still have to shake my head at his stupidity.

Take a year off at end of your contract and throw away 5 mil, sure why not.

Bonnonon wrote:
Thomas traded. \r

I know Thomas deciding not to play was old news, but I still have to shake my head at his stupidity.

Take a year off at end of your contract and throw away 5 mil, sure why not.

A lot of people think he just wants to retire, and will officially announce it after the year is up and his contract has expired. Or maybe he is thinking about retiring and is using this shortened season as an opportunity to see if it's what he really wants. Better to know now then after signing a brand new contract for a few years and regretting it. I know the guy has made some rather questionable choices over the years, but deciding to pack it in on his own terms is not one of them.

FSeven wrote:
Rangers 2011 first round draft pick, JT Miller, scores 2 goals in his second NHL game.

Nice goals too! Hopefully the Rangers can now build off this win and get a win streak going.

Gaald wrote:
Bonnonon wrote:
Thomas traded.

I know Thomas deciding not to play was old news, but I still have to shake my head at his stupidity.

Take a year off at end of your contract and throw away 5 mil, sure why not.

A lot of people think he just wants to retire, and will officially announce it after the year is up and his contract has expired. Or maybe he is thinking about retiring and is using this shortened season as an opportunity to see if it's what he really wants. Better to know now then after signing a brand new contract for a few years and regretting it. I know the guy has made some rather questionable choices over the years, but deciding to pack it in on his own terms is not one of them.

I can respect the idea of going out on your own terms while you know you still have the IT factor, but to not honor a contract is pretty low.

I just can't figure these Jets out this year. They win a squeaker in Ottawa! Woooo!

I can respect the idea of going out on your own terms while you know you still have the IT factor, but to not honor a contract is pretty low.

True, but it's not like Boston is hurting for Goal tending. Nor did they have to pay his salary either.

Jayhawker... Man your team looked bad... Looked like the playoffs last year.

goman wrote:
Jayhawker... Man your team looked bad... Looked like the playoffs last year. :-)

They are in a serious funk. I was hoping they and Kansas would both breakout last night. The Jayhawks did. The Blues, not so much.

The Leafs are running a four game win streak, at times looking very dominant. Toronto really needs to work on their consistency, though. Against Philadelphia last night they played excellent hockey in the second half of the 2nd period, but outside of that were just okay. They were lucky the Flyers couldn't bear Reimer.

Reimer has really stepped up this year in goal. I'm loving it, because I really like the way Reimer carries himself. In every interview he's always positive, but not too high not too low. He's a really likable guy, easy to cheer for. He went down to a weird injury halfway through the 2nd period last night though, which really sucks. It sounds minor, so hopefully he comes back quickly.

I'm not going to mention the hockey game / general beat down that happened in Montreal on Saturday night. It has been a long time since Toronto has so thoroughly beaten a team - I almost forgot what its like.

To quote Bruce Arthur of the National Post:

In fairness, Leafs fans have been treated like fireplace wood for a long time, and will gratefully devour any measure of success. Watching some of the reactions to Saturday’s comprehensive victory was like watching a pack of vegetarian tigers reintroduced to red meat.

Reimer is down with a MCL strain. Going to be out for a whole week. Better trade for Luongo.

Blackhawks are playing the Ducks tonight. This should be a good game. Hawks are really firing right now. Crawford is looking great after a bit of sophomore slump. I can't think of what I would want more out the Hawks right now. Their PP isn't the greatest but their PK and even strength is so strong it's not mattering. Also, I feel a lot of their PPs have come in the 3rd when they already have a lead and I'm somewhat content to kill time off the clock.

nihilo wrote:
I'm not going to mention the hockey game / general beat down that happened in Montreal on Saturday night. It has been a long time since Toronto has so thoroughly beaten a team - I almost forgot what its like.

That was brutal. Just brutal. The CBC broadcast of it was especially rough to watch, as during Leafs-Habs CBC turns into LeafsTV. I've disliked Bob Cole for some time now but never as much as saturday night. That being said, when your team is sucking its easy to take your aggression out on the commentators.

That being said, it's only one game and the Habs still managed to get 37 shots on. Reimer played lights-out. I'm hoping some line shuffling will cure what ails them.