On this thing called "rape culture"

I got 32 seconds into that Dead or Alive video. She's actually saying "stop" in Japanese. I'm sick...

Isn't it a fighting game? Why doesn't she just beat the sh*t out of that alien probe?

IMAGE(https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CrHiXWJVMAAyH1q.jpg:large)

IMAGE(https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CrIl8x1WYAAH1nE?format=jpg&name=large)

sometimesdee wrote:

I got 32 seconds into that Dead or Alive video. She's actually saying "stop" in Japanese. I'm sick...

Isn't it a fighting game? Why doesn't she just beat the sh*t out of that alien probe?

There's a fighting game. I actually like that decently because the animations are pretty cool. There's a creeping game. I don't even want to see it in the store.

sometimesdee wrote:

Isn't it a fighting game? Why doesn't she just beat the sh*t out of that alien probe?

To be clear, the most current iteration I'm aware of is a fighting game with (currently on steam) $882.82 CAD = $675.16 USD worth of fetishized costume dlcs. One of the ongoing complaints in the discussion forums was the lack of 'boob physics' on one platform while present on another.... etc

I am of two minds about DOA. It is pretty upfront about what it is and in a more perfect world it wouldnt be a big deal because there would be better representation of women in fighting games. On the other hand it is creepy AF.

How to talk to anyone wearing headphones:

IMAGE(http://66.media.tumblr.com/621a250153e26ad48f872570b2a2ebee/tumblr_o3l3atZcsh1qhqb9no2_400.gif)

Nomad wrote:

How to talk to anyone wearing headphones:

IMAGE(http://66.media.tumblr.com/621a250153e26ad48f872570b2a2ebee/tumblr_o3l3atZcsh1qhqb9no2_400.gif)

Works for me even when no headphones in sight. Of course, the guy would probably have more of a problem getting my attention away from a puppy than a set of headphones.

Stanford rapist Brock Turner was released from prison last week and he's hiding out in his parents house in a suburb of Dayton, OH.

This has drawn a group of protesters, a couple of which thought signs with harsh language weren't enough so they brought along their AR-15s as well.

OG_slinger wrote:

Stanford rapist Brock Turner was released from prison last week and he's hiding out in his parents house in a suburb of Dayton, OH.

This has drawn a group of protesters, a couple of which thought signs with harsh language weren't enough so they brought along their AR-15s as well.

Not a big fan of people brandishing their weapons as a form of intimidation, but it's nice to see it be done for a positive reason once in a while. Actually I'm rather conflicted on it.

Yeah, I wish they hadn't brought their guns, but I'm totally in favor of their protest.

Nevin73 wrote:
OG_slinger wrote:

Stanford rapist Brock Turner was released from prison last week and he's hiding out in his parents house in a suburb of Dayton, OH.

This has drawn a group of protesters, a couple of which thought signs with harsh language weren't enough so they brought along their AR-15s as well.

Not a big fan of people brandishing their weapons as a form of intimidation, but it's nice to see it be done for a positive reason once in a while. Actually I'm rather conflicted on it.

Paleocon" wrote:

taking a gun to a protest, you are not a protester. You are something very different and the implications of your presence are deeply unamerican.

The American Justice System failed big time, but I can't see how brandishing weapons helps anything.

Yeah, I'm with Nomad and Paleocon on this one. Protesting the guy - fine. Bringing guns? Not cool at all. Yes, he's a world-class scumbag (and from the sounds of it, so is his dad, and the judge that sentenced him), but bringing guns to a protest turns it into a threat.

If you can't open carry when a known rapist moves into your neighborhood, what's the point of having the law?

Jayhawker wrote:

If you can't open carry when a known rapist moves into your neighborhood, what's the point of having the law?

Good point. What's the point of having any of the insane gun laws the US has?

Don't carry any guns at all ffs it's supposed to be a First World country isn't it

I don't know whether to vomit on my keyboard or wait until I can make it to the bathroom.

IMAGE(http://i.imgur.com/jhz3fs5.png)

There's so much wrong here I can't even begin to unpack it.

At least one part makes sense: When you're full of coke, you're probably not going to judge the situation well enough to understand whether your intended partner is consenting.

I don't mean that as an excuse. I mean that as something that men should be aware of before they become intoxicated.

wordsmythe wrote:

At least one part makes sense: When you're full of coke, you're probably not going to judge the situation well enough to understand it is irrelevant to you whether your intended partner is consenting.

Yeah, but.

Don't do drugs that turn you into a narcissistic ego-monster, kids.

<— Does not have any experience with using coke.

wordsmythe wrote:

<— Does not have any experience with using coke.

Me neither. Precisely because I've spent time around coke-fiends.

"Hey, do you want to be a crushing asshole to everyone around you AND have no self-awareness of that fact?"

"Boy howdy do I!"

*shhhhhnuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurt*

Maq wrote:

I don't know whether to vomit on my keyboard or wait until I can make it to the bathroom.

IMAGE(http://i.imgur.com/jhz3fs5.png)

There's so much wrong here I can't even begin to unpack it.

I hope they keep his penis in the evidence room until the end of the trial than.

From what I've *ahem* heard, cocaine makes you a more stimulated/amplified version of you. I can see how quickly that becomes a bad situation when an asshole is using it.

It's also a great decongestant. Or so I've heard.

Chairman_Mao wrote:

From what I've *ahem* heard, cocaine makes you a more stimulated/amplified version of you. I can see how quickly that becomes a bad situation when an asshole is using it.

It's also a great decongestant. Or so I've heard.

But it smells terrible.

Bonus_Eruptus wrote:
Chairman_Mao wrote:

From what I've *ahem* heard, cocaine makes you a more stimulated/amplified version of you. I can see how quickly that becomes a bad situation when an asshole is using it.

It's also a great decongestant. Or so I've heard.

But it smells terrible.

Only until it numbs your olfactory nerve!

Just another indication that American Psycho wasn't exactly satire...

wordsmythe wrote:

At least one part makes sense: When you're full of coke, you're probably not going to judge the situation well enough to understand whether your intended partner is consenting.

I'm going to call bullsh*t on this line of reasoning. With the possible exception of being exceedingly drunk, almost everyone is perfectly capable of reading social cues will high on most readily available recreational drugs.

If someone is a sufficient monster that they would rape someone while on coke then frankly the coke is incidental.

In the broader picture a lot of people's behaviour on drugs is a reflection of the expectations around those drugs. If we continue to expect that people on drugs (coke) can't judge social situations then in turn people on drugs will continue to not bother trying.

If your sexual partner is crying, it's probably a good idea to take a time out and make sure she's okay and consenting. End of.

sometimesdee wrote:

If your sexual partner is crying, it's probably a good idea to take a time out and make sure she's okay and consenting. End of.

I mean, you would think... but I suspect that requires empathy or compassion, and I also suspect that may be short supply for the massive ego that dude's also sporting.

sometimesdee wrote:

If your sexual partner is crying, it's probably a good idea to take a time out and make sure she's okay and consenting. End of.

Exactly. I mean how do you even... you know... maintain if your partner is crying unless you're a goddamn sociopath?

Maq wrote:
sometimesdee wrote:

If your sexual partner is crying, it's probably a good idea to take a time out and make sure she's okay and consenting. End of.

Exactly. I mean how do you even... you know... maintain if your partner is crying unless you're a goddamn sociopath?

Maq wrote:
sometimesdee wrote:

If your sexual partner is crying, it's probably a good idea to take a time out and make sure she's okay and consenting. End of.

Exactly. I mean how do you even... you know... maintain if your partner is crying unless you're a goddamn sociopath?

To be fair, I hear cocaine helps you maintain through most everything.

Also, the articles tell a bit more. He started from behind and didn't notice the crying until later... Supposedly.