DDO Orien server catch all - Static Group nights Tuesday and Thursday 8PM EST

made a halfling thief named Milora that specializes in traps/etc

Mousetrap wrote:

Online guides say send wizards with dimension door (Majeure has Dimension door and jump). Once everyone else cleans everything out, then DD back.

That's exactly what I did the last time. I don't think there's a way for anyone jumping on the 2nd ledge to get back without a DD.

Whoo I get to wake up at 4 am to attempt and fix a PCI compliance issue again for the 3rd night in a row. We will see how tired I am but I might be going to sleep early tonight. Sorry guys.

Security sucks

Oh and if you do not get enough people for the raid I would suggest trying to collect your tapestry shreds in the orchard.

Or if someone wants to run some with a newb to this server, would appreciate it;) I have a level 5 on a different server, so not total newb, just been awhile since I played much.

Rainsmercy wrote:

Or if someone wants to run some with a newb to this server, would appreciate it;) I have a level 5 on a different server, so not total newb, just been awhile since I played much.

Sent a guild invite in the in-game mail. You'll need to boat to Stormreach to get it though.

Cool, got the invite, in the guild and now level 2.

Arovin wrote:

Oh and if you do not get enough people for the raid I would suggest trying to collect your tapestry shreds in the orchard.

We ended up doing Stromvauld's Mine (sp?) and Stormcleave Outpost. Minimum level for the Orchard is 10 and we have a couple people at 9 still.

Hit level 3 today! Do you still have to complete the big series in the sewers before being able to move to the next area? Also do you still need those discs that in order to get past level 4/8/etc?

There is no "required" area, but usually you are expected to complete the main story line on Korthos Island (seeing the Dragon kill the Mindflayer) at least once on a server to get to Stormreach. Since you were able to join the Guild, I suppose you were able to either complete or circumvent that. One interesting thing added in the patch this week: completing the top level Slayer quest (kill 400 monsters on Korthos, etc) would get you 25 Turbine Points - good way to get free money for some adventure packs or other token items. Something to keep in mind, too, is that every week there is a free item they give away, the information is out on Thursday, and the deals start on Friday. This week is a Greater Experience Elixir
(Use Coupon Code GEE423 1/Account) which will get you through the levels a good deal faster.

And no, the tokens to advance in level are long gone, and good riddance.

No and I don't know but don't think so respectively.

Rainsmercy wrote:

Hit level 3 today! Do you still have to complete the big series in the sewers before being able to move to the next area? Also do you still need those discs that in order to get past level 4/8/etc?

You no longer require anything, and can pretty much go anywhere (unless it's to a pay only module area - obviously you have to have bought it first). The disks vanished... 2 years ago? 3 years? I remember hearing about them, but not needing them ever.

Cool, got the elixir, wish I had known about that this morning when I spent 3 hours leveling:)

So if you pay the 9.99 a month, do you get all of the adventures for free? What about the classes and races?

Rainsmercy wrote:

Cool, got the elixir, wish I had known about that this morning when I spent 3 hours leveling:)

So if you pay the 9.99 a month, do you get all of the adventures for free? What about the classes and races?

You get a fair number of them, but not all. I think Monk is free to VIPs, but Artificer and Favored Soul are not. I'm not 100% sure on the races, since I paid for the Half-Orc and Half-Elf package before becoming a VIP, and Drow is unlockable with Favor. You also get 500 points a month when you are a VIP, so you can bank that and buy stuff you really want if you only do VIP for a short time.

Here's the run down:

VIPs get the following benefits:
* 500 free Turbine Points a month. May purchase more or earn through Favor.
* 10 character slots per server (may purchase more)
* Access to the Monk Class. Must purchase Artificer (account-wide) (or unlock through Favor (per server) after Update 12). Must purchase Favored Soul (account-wide) or unlock through Favor (per server).
* Access to the Warforged, Half-Elf and Half-Orc races. Must purchase Drow (account-wide) or unlock through Favor (per server).
* Access to all Adventure Packs.
* Enter quests directly on Hard/Elite without having to run prior difficulties
* Ability to create guilds for free.
* Shared Bank Vault for free (20 slots)
* Login Queue: Priority (This isn't a real benefit, the game has not yet implemented any log in queue tech, you simply get an error if the server is full regardless of your account type)
Chat: Unlimited (Same as premium)
* Auctions: officially Unlimited, actually limited to 50 items up for sale (Same as premium)
* Mail: Nearly Unlimited (Not really, you get the same amount as premium account, which is exactly 50 maximum mails at a time)
* Gold Storage: Officially Unlimited, technically limited to about 4.3 million pp (Same as premium)
Customer Service: Full (Same as premium who recently spent money on DDO store points)
DDO Compendium: Read/Post (Same as premium)
Official Forums: Read/Post (Same as premium)
* Beta Priority: High (Mostly refers to fact they are sometimes slow when it comes to putting content packs on the Lamannia test server's version of the DDO Store)
* Idle Auto-logout: Increases to 60 minutes

Here's a nice color coded Account Comparisons table.

Cool, thanks, after renaissance festival is over for the year, maybe I'll have to pay for a few months. Provided Borderlands 2 doesn't completely suck up all my time:)

Can someone please send a guild invite to my monk Onderdonk?

WizKid wrote:

Can someone please send a guild invite to my monk Onderdonk?

Done.

I think I am going to be stuck on Pandora tonight, sorry guys.

will hopefully be playing Borderlands 2 tonight. Though not sure it would matter since my rogue is only level 3 atm.

No one is in vent? Is everyone playing Borderlands? I think I might do the same.

Arovin wrote:

No one is in vent? Is everyone playing Borderlands? I think I might do the same.

The irony for me is thick tonight. I get home, all excited about playing Borderlands 2, and we have no power. I am sitting in an uncomfortable chair in the local bookstore, using Wi-Fi, just to lament it.

Arovin wrote:

No one is in vent? Is everyone playing Borderlands? I think I might do the same.

Six of us in now.

Off topic: Borderlands 1 was dern boring. I really don't get all the love.

Are there still folks playing this on a weekly basis? I've never even considered DDO, but I've had kind of an MMO itch and the family budget isn't going to fit GW2 in for... well... awhile.

I literally know very little about DDO and haven't done the P&P stuff for a LONG time.

If there are consistent nights where people are grouping up and progressing then this might be in the wheelhouse...

edit: grammer is hard.

Tel wrote:

Are there still folks playing this on a weekly basis?

Yes indeed! We usually have around 8 people on twice a week, Tuesday and Thursday nights, around 9pm Eastern until around 11pm. This week was probably lower turnout on Tuesday with Borderlands, and I would guess tonight might be smaller due to Torchlight 2. The current group is around level 10, but most of us have some lower-level alts, too.

I might not be able to make it tonight, which is frustrating since it doesn't even have to do with other shiny games being out. Stupid grown-up life gets in the way of fun all too often.

Download commenced. If my Catan game doesn't come through tonight I'll check it out. Any roles the group is particularly light on at the moment? I know zip about anything.

Tel wrote:

Download commenced. If my Catan game doesn't come through tonight I'll check it out. Any roles the group is particularly light on at the moment? I know zip about anything. :D

I believe we can always use more healers: Cleric, Bard, Druid, Favored Soul, Artificer. Sadly those last three are not free classes. Clerics heal best, anyway.

We also see to be somewhat short on strength based characters. Trappers we're usually fine on, but I don't know that another one would be so bad.

I have a level 3 trapper now.

Also, can't login, looks like maintenance?

The monk I just rolled is lvl 5.

emyln wrote:

Here's the run down:

VIPs get the following benefits:
* 500 free Turbine Points a month. May purchase more or earn through Favor.
* 10 character slots per server (may purchase more)
* Access to the Monk Class. Must purchase Artificer (account-wide) (or unlock through Favor (per server) after Update 12). Must purchase Favored Soul (account-wide) or unlock through Favor (per server).
* Access to the Warforged, Half-Elf and Half-Orc races. Must purchase Drow (account-wide) or unlock through Favor (per server).
* Access to all Adventure Packs.
* Enter quests directly on Hard/Elite without having to run prior difficulties
* Ability to create guilds for free.
* Shared Bank Vault for free (20 slots)
* Login Queue: Priority (This isn't a real benefit, the game has not yet implemented any log in queue tech, you simply get an error if the server is full regardless of your account type)
Chat: Unlimited (Same as premium)
* Auctions: officially Unlimited, actually limited to 50 items up for sale (Same as premium)
* Mail: Nearly Unlimited (Not really, you get the same amount as premium account, which is exactly 50 maximum mails at a time)
* Gold Storage: Officially Unlimited, technically limited to about 4.3 million pp (Same as premium)
Customer Service: Full (Same as premium who recently spent money on DDO store points)
DDO Compendium: Read/Post (Same as premium)
Official Forums: Read/Post (Same as premium)
* Beta Priority: High (Mostly refers to fact they are sometimes slow when it comes to putting content packs on the Lamannia test server's version of the DDO Store)
* Idle Auto-logout: Increases to 60 minutes

Here's a nice color coded Account Comparisons table.

Do a lot of these benefits work the same as in LOTRO where you log your character in during the month of VIP access and they get the Gold storage, shared bank, etc. unlocked permanently?