DDO Orien server catch all - Static Group nights Tuesday and Thursday 8PM EST

fangblackbone wrote:
You can also unlock druid by just becoming a VIP for a month and buying the class by itself.

The druid class is only available to VIP members? I know you can play one if you are a VIP but I thought you could buy one piecemeal VIP or not. But it appears that we have to wait until august.

If you're a VIP you can buy druid with Turbine Points. If you buy the expansion pack bundle it comes with the class. F2P players will get access in August.

I'd suggest picking a class (artificer, since you bought it) and spending no more until you're really sure you like the game.

I've done the newbie island dozens of times solo, with wife, and with kid. You can solo the whole island in an afternoon with very little trouble, which usually gets me to level 3 or 4, I think. I'm pretty sure I have veteran, but I just never used it.

Hirelings are great when soloing or even when duo with an 8 year old.

Wizards can have a easier start by starting out with the great axe(the penalty doesn't matter that much at level 1) and Summon Animal as a starting spell.
I haven't levelled high, but I've started a LOT of level 1s.

FYI:
We're now the proud owners of a guild ship, try not to scratch the paint.

Can we get T-Pain to join us?

Just out of curiosity, what all was run Thursday night? Looking to catch up a bit.

AnimeJ wrote:
Just out of curiosity, what all was run Thursday night? Looking to catch up a bit.

We worked some more on the quests in 3 Barrel cove. I believe between Tuesday and Thursday we finished all of the level 5 quests there.

Made a ranger named Pheyn Rowan. Going through the first area and having fun.

If anyone is looking for a low level buddy to group with, give me a tell if you see any of the following on:
Valmorian - Bard 2
Rohanir - Paladin 2
Drombur - Cleric 2

Also, I pretty much always run this game through Steam now, so add me to your steam friends if you want to see if I'm in game to group with: Valmorian [GWJ]

Hope to see some of you in game!

How do you guys feel about trying one of the Cannith challenges tomorrow night?

Kobold Chaos is pretty fun but really difficult to to do solo. It plays like a strategy game where you have to repair and defend harvesters to collect dragon shards. The more shards you collect the better reward you get. The Kobold voice overs are awesome too.

It is a 15 min quest. Even if you do not own the challenge you can get a free daily pass to enter.

Edit: Challenge system info

Sounds like a plan to me.

That sounds good to me, but just to give you a heads up, I've had a bit of a push at work, and I'm up at 4AM this morning and tomorrow morning. I might be done in by the time I get home tomorrow night. I'll try to give you guys some warning if I won't be able to make it.

What level are these challenges for?

How does one go about getting into the guild?

Blind_Evil wrote:
Post your character name and someone will mail an invite, that's the easiest way.

I've got a rubberstamp!

Valmorian wrote:
What level are these challenges for?

Challenges range from 4-25. You pick what level you want to do them at when you enter.

Blind_Evil wrote:
Blind_Evil wrote:
Post your character name and someone will mail an invite, that's the easiest way.

I've got a rubberstamp!

I just mailed out invites to Faide and Valmorian's characters

Here is a pic of our Airship!

IMAGE(http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8151/7540186202_8826e48b15_b.jpg)

Is there a mailbox anywhere on Korthos island?

Nope. There's a lady on the dock that can send you to Stormreach to get the mail, then talk to the person on the boat you showed up on to head back to Korthos.

Sounds good to me. Never done Kobold Chaos before, I tried a lvl 4 Dr. Rushmore's Mansion-Behind the Door and was so so lost. BTW I only need 1 challenge token right? Let me know if I'll need more, I can hop on to an alt to grab 1-2 more.

Was considering getting the Vaults of the Artificers pack but after my first experience with Dr. Rushmore's Mansion-Behind the Door I'm not so sure this is meant for soloing.

BTW just finished Phailen Carnival on normal last night (Lvl 7 Bard) and I loved it. The thing this drilled into me is that I need to have a good supply of Scroll/Potions of Knock, Jump, Expeditious Retreat, Feather Falling on me at all times! Good Grief, how do melee characters without UMD handle some of these quests?

emyln wrote:
Sounds good to me. Never done Kobold Chaos before, I tried a lvl 4 Dr. Rushmore's Mansion-Behind the Door and was so so lost. BTW I only need 1 challenge token right? Let me know if I'll need more, I can hop on to an alt to grab 1-2 more.

Was considering getting the Vaults of the Artificers pack but after my first experience with Dr. Rushmore's Mansion-Behind the Door I'm not so sure this is meant for soloing.

BTW just finished Phailen Carnival on normal last night (Lvl 7 Bard) and I loved it. The thing this drilled into me is that I need to have a good supply of Scroll/Potions of Knock, Jump, Expeditious Retreat, Feather Falling on me at all times! Good Grief, how do melee characters without UMD handle some of these quests?

I think Dr Rushmore's is the hardest challenge. finding the keys can be random and you really need to zerg through it to keep the timer up. Kobold Island is a bit more forgiving, I was able to 3 star it last night solo.

To attempt a challenge you only need one token. If you own the challenge pack, you do not need the tokens, but they will give them to you daily. I will grab 8 tonight that I can pass out if we want to try more then one challenge.

I'm out for tonight. Forgot I had a previous social commitment.

Question about Astral Diamonds and Stat Tomes.
AD can be purchased in the DDO Store for 375 TP for 10 AD. (Currently 300 TP on sale)

According to DDOwiki:
We can exchange AD for Purified Eberron Dragonshard Fragment
- 4 Astral Diamonds = 4 Purified Eberron Dragonshard Fragments
- 7 Astral Diamonds = 9 Purified Eberron Dragonshard Fragments
- 10 Astral Diamonds = 16 Purified Eberron Dragonshard Fragments

And we can exchange the Purified Eberron Dragonshard Fragments for:
+2 Tome = 9 Purified Eberron Dragonshard Fragments

Sooo.....

For 375 TP, you get a +2 Tome and 3 AD
But buying a +2 Tome from DDO store is 575 TP.

Am I missing something here? Is there a level restriction or only limited Tomes or is the DDOwiki info incorrect? Cos it looks like you can purchase a +2 Tome for 300 TP right now.

Oh and 1 more thing, let's say I bought a +2 tome of Cha and used it. Then I TR. It says that we retain the Stat bonus. Does that mean the new level 1 character starts off with a +2 Cha or do you get the Tome back? Wondering cos if you decide to level as a different class (Eg. Fighter), that +2 Cha is kind of useless.

I am having fun with my crossbow artificer. My pet a lot of times has pathing issues that cause it to not engage in combat but summoning bolts and plucking things at range is very effective.

I have made several other classes with different dilletante feats but my warchanter bard with fighter is a monster with a great axe. In fact, there is a great scimitar quest reward on korthos island (innkeeper quest) that will give temporary hit points on criticals. For fun, I swapped out my great axe for the scimitar and a small shield and I am loving it. It kills much slower but all my damage is negated after the first hit. It seems like it could be overkill but I may start a ranger and wield 2 of these scimitars (quest is repeatable). But I think I'd kill quicker without sacrificing defense that I couldn't recoup.

My artificer is almost level 3 (nearly rank 11) and my bard is 2 (rank 7).

emyln wrote:
Question about Astral Diamonds and Stat Tomes.
AD can be purchased in the DDO Store for 375 TP for 10 AD. (Currently 300 TP on sale)

According to DDOwiki:
We can exchange AD for Purified Eberron Dragonshard Fragment
- 4 Astral Diamonds = 4 Purified Eberron Dragonshard Fragments
- 7 Astral Diamonds = 9 Purified Eberron Dragonshard Fragments
- 10 Astral Diamonds = 16 Purified Eberron Dragonshard Fragments

And we can exchange the Purified Eberron Dragonshard Fragments for:
+2 Tome = 9 Purified Eberron Dragonshard Fragments

Sooo.....

For 375 TP, you get a +2 Tome and 3 AD
But buying a +2 Tome from DDO store is 575 TP.

Am I missing something here? Is there a level restriction or only limited Tomes or is the DDOwiki info incorrect? Cos it looks like you can purchase a +2 Tome for 300 TP right now.

Oh and 1 more thing, let's say I bought a +2 tome of Cha and used it. Then I TR. It says that we retain the Stat bonus. Does that mean the new level 1 character starts off with a +2 Cha or do you get the Tome back? Wondering cos if you decide to level as a different class (Eg. Fighter), that +2 Cha is kind of useless.

You can turn +1 and +2 tomes into Purified Eberron Dragonshard Fragments, not the other way around.

As for TR with tomes, the affects won't happen until you reach a certain level.

+1 level 3
+2 level 7
+3 level 11
+4 level 15

So if you had used a +2 CHA tome in a past life you would get +1 to cha at level 3 and another +1 at level 7 for a total of +2

Thanks for the clarification, darn I knew it was too good to be true.

emyln wrote:
Thanks for the clarification, darn I knew it was too good to be true.

Yeah, they did that for players who already have all the tomes they need but keep looting them in raids. Makes then at least worth something. Same with the diamond exchange for players that loot them but are not in a guild.

I've never done any challenges. Do I need to pick anything up before hand?

Mousetrap wrote:
I've never done any challenges. Do I need to pick anything up before hand?

In House Cannith there is a daily token vendor. She will give each of your characters a daily challenge token. If you are VIP or own The challenge pack you do not need these tokens, but you should pick them up anyways because you can trade them to others that do need them. It only takes a second to pick them up so you don't need to log in early to do it, just do it before we start the quest. There are item caches in the challenges that will give you temporary buffs. To open them you need to use a daily challenge token. I would strongly recommend not wasting your tokens on them.

All the challenges are timed. Once the 1st person enters the quest there is a 3 min timer before the quest is locked and no one can enter. If yuo die and no one can get you to a shrine, DO NOT RELEASE because you will not be able to get back in or get your reward. Just stay in the quest till the end and you will get the same reward as every one else.

Challenges do not have chests in them. since the quests are timed they do not want you focusing on looting the chests. When a boss is killed you will get a loot box in your inventory that you can open later once the quest is over.

Hypothetically speaking, would a level 5 cleric be able to participate in tonight's challenging festivities, or would that hypothetical noob be far underleveled?