Strangeblade's Thread of Wondrous Things

IMAGE(https://i.imgur.com/9WSpMQi.jpg)

@Lasherthecat wonders how they squeezed octupuses into this can. Are they gonna burst out like that snakes-in-a-can thing?

IMAGE(https://i.imgur.com/7wrWQ7W.jpg?1)
Do I become King of Asgard if I pull this busted hammer-sword-stick out of my super-spicy burger?

IMAGE(https://i.imgur.com/Cleb5f4.jpg)
My first big-glass drink.

IMAGE(https://i.imgur.com/OAGcdrw.png)
Which Strangeblades should I kill with fire?

The smooth one is just wearing SB's skin - he's the impostor, kill that one!

IMAGE(https://i.imgur.com/Sl4AFvK.jpg)
Here is how I dry my gym clothes while I'm at work. The trick is keep your windows cracked open just a tiny bit. (Yes, that's my gym underwear hanging off the far visor.)

Wink_and_the_Gun wrote:

The smooth one is just wearing SB's skin - he's the impostor, kill that one!

How can he (it?) be wearing my skin?! Have you seen my skin?! How you seen the photo on the left?

Strangeblades wrote:
Wink_and_the_Gun wrote:

The smooth one is just wearing SB's skin - he's the impostor, kill that one!

How can he (it?) be wearing my skin?! Have you seen my skin?! How you seen the photo on the left?

Semi-sophisticated polymer re-creation.

Wink_and_the_Gun wrote:
Strangeblades wrote:
Wink_and_the_Gun wrote:

The smooth one is just wearing SB's skin - he's the impostor, kill that one!

How can he (it?) be wearing my skin?! Have you seen my skin?! How you seen the photo on the left?

Semi-sophisticated polymer re-creation.

Ahh. An early Terminator model. The ones with rubber skin. We spotted them easy.

Strangeblades wrote:

(Yes, that's my gym underwear high visibility theft deterrent hanging off the far visor.)

FTFY

m0nk3yboy wrote:
Strangeblades wrote:

(Yes, that's my gym underwear high visibility theft deterrent hanging off the far visor.)

FTFY ;)

Ha ha. Yes. That would definitely work.

That burger looks spicy and tasty!

1 - Canada has gone to war, ostensibly, to protect allies and people from oppression and enslavement. 2 - The US government decided to lock-up humans as part of a racial purge. 3- What should Canada do?

Playing evil characters immediately. When given a choice, if there are choices, between a good or evil person, I opt to be the evilest monster I can be. It makes the game more memorable and leaves a bigger impression.

The first time I played Knights of the Old Republic I resolved to have my character be, um, really bad. She was something else all right. The bastard I created should have had her parents murdered before they ever conceived her.

I even picked the Emperor upgrade path - all mind control and lightning. No lightsaber bullsh*t with her. She was gunning for total domination.

The decisions she/I made me really uncomfortable. She sold people into slavery, she kicked puppies, she mind-controlled friends into killing one another and turned the galaxy into her footstool. Yeeeeeee. Ick ick ick. It has been years since I played it but I still feel bad.

The same with Dishonored. My guy was all violence all the time. Rat death squads? Yes, please. Teaching my young protege/future empress how to be cruel? First day of school.‪

So, have you ever done the same? Picked the evil choice right after the game installs?

Strangeblades wrote:

‪... So, have you ever done the same? Picked the evil choice right after the game installs?

Almost every time a game has the option for me to roll around being evil, I think to myself, "This time I'm playing the dirtbag the whole game." I almost always immediately chicken out. I just want the best ending and often that's barred behind playing the good guy. I can't honestly think of any exceptions (but I'd be curious to hear if anyone knows of any). Bioshock is a big one. The ending seriously suffered if you didn't spare the Little Sisters.

I do sometimes quicksave then do some evil crap then reload, though, so there's that.

I have a real hard time with being evil in game too. It tends to break my reality of the game. When I murder a whole town rather than sneak through in Dishonored it just feels too easy and who will care that they are all dead?

Maybe I'll pull it off some game but I too have chikened out every time.

Hobear wrote:

I have a real hard time with being evil in game too. It tends to break my reality of the game. When I murder a whole town rather than sneak through in Dishonored it just feels too easy and who will care that they are all dead?

Maybe I'll pull it off some game but I too have chikened out every time.

Not everyone can have StrangeBlade's penchant for murder, I guess.

That all being said, watching that duder on YouTube (can't remember his name) who plays Dishonored with brutal murdering efficiency is fun and makes me want to go back and do an evil run.

I played Dishonored murder-everything Corvo. My in-game justification was he'd seen his empress and true love murdered before him and was betrayed into taking the rap. His response was that the world must burn/be consumed by rat packs.

Not exactly the same, I had half a playthrough of Dragon Age: Origins as "asshole mage". The world hated him for being something he could not help being, so eff everyone and everything. I even had the dog leave me! It was a lonely game and that's why I never finished it (also it was taxing to be so nasty that even the dog was out off by my actions).

I tried to play a Mass Effect 1 game as evil but that game just pushed back so hard on that. And "evil" in Mass effect is not really all that evil. More like kind of an asshole with a heart of gold.

Thanks for the comments peeps! They were very interesting.