"Choose Your Tag": a mostly complete list?

Pages

Hello fellow GWJ'ers!

A few weeks ago, a few of us started talking about ranks and tags, and one in particular wondered if there was some sort of "master list of chosen tags".
Well, there wasn't, so I started compiling one, and got about two thirds through the entire thing, before I gave up and asked the nice people who run the forum if they could generate a list.

And here it is!

It should be complete as I've updated it with the members who "graduated" most recently, but I definitely will keep maintaining it in the future. Hopefully, some of you will get a kick out of some tags (I know I did), and will refer to it for inspiration for future tagging.

Enjoy!

[size=8]PS. This is all WizKid's fault.[/size]

What a list! Nice going, Eleima!

Typo in the title, sounds like it was an 'exhausting' list to compile!

Funny how those tags seem to capture so much about us. Great list Eleima!

Might I suggest, when we get around to tagging you, we make sure the short list includes "knows your tag"

UGH I AM NEVER GOING TO GET A TAG BECAUSE I AM NOT TALKATIVE ENOUGH

Nice list, though. I guess. Jerks.

So does this mean the users not on the list have not been tagged or just haven't been added to the list?

If it's the former it is interesting that only 484 Goodjer's have over 1000 posts.

Also I just had a sad thinking about One of 47 and Poor old lu. RIP guys.

So does that list show the order by which we got tagged. Or is it simply based on the order in which we joined... You know like the stone cutters!

BlackSabre wrote:
So does that list show the order by which we got tagged. Or is it simply based on the order in which we joined... You know like the stone cutters!

It's by user id, so when we joined.

Prozac wrote:
So does this mean the users not on the list have not been tagged or just haven't been added to the list?

If it's the former it is interesting that only 484 Goodjer's have over 1000 posts.

I saw 4 people with a tag of "Banned" which reduces that count... but I also know there's at least one person not on the list (me!), so I'm wondering how The Powers That Be generated this.

merphle wrote:
Prozac wrote:
So does this mean the users not on the list have not been tagged or just haven't been added to the list?

If it's the former it is interesting that only 484 Goodjer's have over 1000 posts.

I saw 4 people with a tag of "Banned" which reduces that count... but I also know there's at least one person not on the list (me!), so I'm wondering how The Powers That Be generated this.

No powers that be, if you read down a few entries from Eleima's link in the OP (specifically here) you'll see it started out as a purely manual process.

There was also talk about getting some access to official resources in the same thread, but I am unsure if that eventuated or not.

Props again Eleima for your labor or love (insanity).

merphle wrote:
but I also know there's at least one person not on the list (me!), so I'm wondering how The Powers That Be generated this.

It was done on a spreadsheet, Spreadsheet Ninja- no wonder they couldn't see you.

From the OP, monkeyboy:

Eleima wrote:
before I gave up and asked the nice people who run the forum if they could generate a list

bombsfall wrote:
UGH I AM NEVER GOING TO GET A TAG BECAUSE I AM NOT TALKATIVE ENOUGH

Nice list, though. I guess. Jerks.

Don't sweat it. Only took me a few years to get a tag.

But since I don't appear to be on the list I guess my tag doesn't count. Jerks.

Le gasp! I am not on the list! :O

It's 'their' way of letting you all know you're off the Christmas card list

I'm not worthy?

Hehe, I was on Eleima's hand made list, but I'm missing on this one

Looks like the list stops before some tagged folks joined up. The list stops at user 15501.

Also, my username has changed since whenever this list was generated.

userid 666 is also missing.

that's me.

EverythingsTentative wrote:
I'm not worthy? :(

You're too on the fence.

m0nk3yboy wrote:
Typo in the title, sounds like it was an 'exhausting' list to compile!

My brain must be malfunctioning, I can't find any typos!

Prozac wrote:
So does this mean the users not on the list have not been tagged or just haven't been added to the list?
If it's the former it is interesting that only 484 Goodjer's have over 1000 posts.

So in theory, this is a list of users who have been taggged, and therefore have over 1000 posts.
And yes, the ID is the join order, it would've been a bit complicated to also log the moment he or she hit 1000 (also, I didn't ask).

A bunch of you are indeed missing, and I'm not sure how or why exactly, but it will be remedied, promise! Seems that the list I painstakingly compiled by hand will come in handy after all!
I'll update as soon as possible.

[size=8]To think I debated deleting my file this morning... Holy moley am I glad I didn't!!!![/size]

I had to search through that list because I couldn't remember what Tboon used to go by. I do remember the moment of clarity when I connected his on site name with his in game name.

merphle wrote:
but I also know there's at least one person not on the list (me!)
MacBrave wrote:

But since I don't appear to be on the list I guess my tag doesn't count. Jerks.

Redwing wrote:
Le gasp! I am not on the list! :O
EverythingsTentative wrote:
I'm not worthy? :(
groan wrote:
userid 666 is also missing.

that's me.

Totally on the list!

Boo yah! Eat it, jerks!

ccesarano wrote:

Totally on the list!

Boo yah! Eat it, jerks!

Yeah, I have a feeling that Certis or whoever accidentally generated a "awesome people who just coincidentally post on the site" list.

:p

Also, well done, Eleima.

I'm not on it either. Just not cool enough.

Prozac wrote:
Also I just had a sad thinking about One of 47 and Poor old lu. RIP guys.

You weren't alone...

LockAndLoad wrote:
Prozac wrote:
Also I just had a sad thinking about One of 47 and Poor old lu. RIP guys.

You weren't alone... :(

RIP? Did they die? Or just leave?

Malor wrote:
RIP? Did they die? Or just leave?

Dude, you were the second post in the thread?! http://www.gamerswithjobs.com/node/4...

bombsfall wrote:
UGH I AM NEVER GOING TO GET A TAG BECAUSE I AM NOT TALKATIVE ENOUGH

Nice list, though. I guess. Jerks.

Says the most prolific person in my Twitter feed. You must focus Benson-san!

I'm listed! Next step on the evolution of the list is to mark down who gets credit for the tagging.

Tanglebones wrote:
I'm listed! Next step on the evolution of the list is to mark down who gets credit for the tagging.

I did Rallick and someone else.... I forgot... I'll remember in a bit! Maybe even three people.

Whoa.

/Keanu

Pages