Fringe Catch-All - You Are My Favorite Thing, Fringe. My Very Favorite Thing.

Jayhawker wrote:
Holla wrote:

Just saw this interview, had some good stuff and some hints at what the next season holds! Especially in the second video!!

Great stuff. It might be a bit spoileriffic for some folks.

Spoiler:

It's interesting to think about Olivia meeting her alt-mom. You have to wonder what the context will be for that.

And I have to agree with them that if they can achieve that balance, which I thought they did to some degree last season, it's going to make for a hell of a season.

Just now watched this - man I that's a great cast and I hope they can achieve what they're aiming for with Season 3.

I missed this, but the first issue of a new Fringe comic book series from DC Wildstorm has been released. Here is a four page preview.
IMAGE(http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_YPCf8JFgUdI/TB_VyCD0oBI/AAAAAAAANDw/M5fwmRrv5zs/s320/15030_400x600.jpg)

I'm going to have make my way to Star Clipper today to check it out. I normally wait for TPB collections, like I did with the first series, but I need a Fringe fix. I thought the first series was interesting enough, although the random Fringe stories were better than the tale of William bell and Walter meeting.

Apparently, each issue will cover a different core character, with Peter being the first.

Jayhawker wrote:

I missed this, but the first issue of a new Fringe comic book series from DC Wildstorm has been released.

I've got it, read the first few pages but didn't finish it. Sat it down out of sight — I'll try and get to it tonight and give you a short review.

Ok, got another video interview, its pretty short and Jasika Nicole gives some nice info about the upcoming season!

If you haven't seen the last season and know whats happening i guess it might be considered a spoiler...but you should also consider yourself shamed.

[spoiler]Have the episodes alternate like that is so flipping awesome! Once the season it totally done it would probably be really cool to just watch "1 side" and then the other.[spoiler]

Jayhawker wrote:

This is easily the coolest show TV ever.

Thanks for posting that! My excitement for the new season is going through the roof now.

And it cleared up one question I think I lot of us had about Alt-Astrid.

Spoiler:

She is autistic, suffering from Asperger's. that is why she seemed so robotic.

This is easily the coolest show on TV right now.

Wow, Holla really broke the page.

trueheart78 wrote:
Jayhawker wrote:

This is easily the coolest show TV ever.

If they pull off the storylines they have been discussing, you are absolutely right. What has been so great is that it built a nice foundation, and then expanded on it in lots of smart ways by having shorter storylines and interesting character development. And this season seems to be ready to continue expanding the story while continually developing the relationships of characters.

The show seems to get that having an alt-universe is not the end product. It provides another canvas in order to develop characters in even more interesting ways.

Spoiler:

The idea that Olivia is going to have a scene with her alt-mom is just mind blowing. How will these characters come to grips with their current situation. The mother's daughter is in another universe, while her "other" is being kept in solitary. (Wasn't that last scene of Olivia just heart wrenching last season?)

Actually, I don't know that Olivia will see her alt-mom. I just saw that there will be an alt-mom in the show.

Got the 2nd comic book in the mail, just haven't gotten to it yet (Broyles looks to be the focus). I'm not much of a comic person but the show is so good I don't mind quasi collecting them

Also, show starts up September 23rd — can't wait!

Quintin_Stone wrote:

Wow, Holla really broke the page.

sorry about that and yay for september 23 start date, happy birthday to meeeeeeeeee

Yarp, caught a teaser the other night. I'm a-tingle with anticipation.

For any of you that might wander into a comic shop to pick-up the new Fringe comics, I have a suggestion. I just finished the graphic novel, Revolver by Matt Kindt, and it is pretty awesome.

It's not a Fringe story, but rather a tale of a guy that is caught living in two world simultaneously. I think it should be right up a Fringe fan's alley because it deals with the same idea of multiple universes occupied with our alternates, has plenty of conspiracy stuff thrown in, but is actually a look at how these worlds shape the hero and allow him a new perspective on the world. It's really good stuff.

They're playing last season's finale as a 2hr show tonight, and next week... *swoon*

Season premiere is supposed to be next week at 9pm!

Stele wrote:

Season premiere is supposed to be next week at 9pm!

It still is

Re-watching Season 2 right now on Blu-Ray.

Love me some Fringe.

WANT MORE FRINGE.

That is all.

The lucky bastards over at io9.com have watched the first two episodes and they're freaking ecstatic over what they saw (link to spoiler-free review). Apparently, the first 2 episodes hit the ground running and take the story in a completely unexpected direction. I cannot wait to see that next week!

Recently watched the failed pilot for show called Global Frequency (2005). Had a very strong Fringe mixed with Sanctuary vibe, though even more goofy and implausible than either. (Based on a comic by Warren Ellis.)

Quintin_Stone wrote:

Recently watched the failed pilot for show called Global Frequency (2005). Had a very strong Fringe mixed with Sanctuary vibe, though even more goofy and implausible than either. (Based on a comic by Warren Ellis.)

I love both the pilot and the comic. Sad it didn't make it to primetime.

Jayhawker wrote:

The show seems to get that having an alt-universe is not the end product. It provides another canvas in order to develop characters in even more interesting ways.

Spoiler:

The idea that Olivia is going to have a scene with her alt-mom is just mind blowing. How will these characters come to grips with their current situation. The mother's daughter is in another universe, while her "other" is being kept in solitary. (Wasn't that last scene of Olivia just heart wrenching last season?)

Actually, I don't know that Olivia will see her alt-mom. I just saw that there will be an alt-mom in the show.

Spoiler:

My understanding is that our Olivia is going to meet Peter's mom in the other universe, and have to try to explain to her why her son was kidnapped.

Happy Fringe Thursday!

I'm just posting to see if I can get it to roll over to a new page to undo whatever it is Holla did.

Yay for Fringe Thursday!

BTW, I picked up the first two issues of the Fringe comic, and they were kind of bad. The stories were kind of pointless. I wish I could recommend them.

I have #4 to read, if I get around to it. It is Walter-centric. The first two were Peter and Broyles. I haven't found #3.

Phew, thanks for the reminder. I've had this feeling all morning that there was something I was supposed to watch tonight.

What time is it on? I rarely watch Fringe when it airs; I usually catch it on Hulu the next day.

Dammit. I just realized that I have missed at least one episode. The last episode I saw was where Peter found out that he was from the other universe. Can someone give me a decent recap of remaining episodes??

ClockworkHouse wrote:

What time is it on? I rarely watch Fringe when it airs; I usually catch it on Hulu the next day.

9pm eastern.

Re-watching the 2-part finale right now, in preparation.

mudbunny wrote:

Dammit. I just realized that I have missed at least one episode. The last episode I saw was where Peter found out that he was from the other universe. Can someone give me a decent recap of remaining episodes??

Whoa. You need to check hulu or fox.com or a torrent site or buy some dvds and watch those episodes.

They went to the other side!