Rabid Anti-Feminism Strikes Again

I would like to point out that if you think the average conference is a "professional setting" you haven't been to any. The booze flows freely at most. Many people attend conferences not so much to learn but to network. That's not exclusive to the tech field.

Its like everyone is playing D&D and has rolled a natural 1 on all opportunity checks.

Baron Of Hell wrote:

Its like everyone is playing D&D and has rolled a natural 1 on all opportunity checks.

And they're enthusiastic about it.

(Off Topic)

Demosthenes wrote:
Baron Of Hell wrote:

Its like everyone is playing D&D and has rolled a natural 1 on all opportunity checks.

And they're enthusiastic about it.

I actually do like rolling low in D&D and other RP games. When the diplomacy check is botched while talking to the king and you end up pulling your sword out and putting it to his throat? That's exciting and leads to really interesting situations. It's not great for your character or even your party, but I can always roll a new character or start a new game. It's those extreme, memorable moments that make pen and paper role playing so much fun, on either side of the dice.

bnpederson wrote:

(Off Topic)

Demosthenes wrote:
Baron Of Hell wrote:

Its like everyone is playing D&D and has rolled a natural 1 on all opportunity checks.

And they're enthusiastic about it.

I actually do like rolling low in D&D and other RP games. When the diplomacy check is botched while talking to the king and you end up pulling your sword out and putting it to his throat? That's exciting and leads to really interesting situations. It's not great for your character or even your party, but I can always roll a new character or start a new game. It's those extreme, memorable moments that make pen and paper role playing so much fun, on either side of the dice.

Also Off-topic: Do we have a D&D thread here somewhere? My wife's friends are interested in me DMing a campaign for them, and it's been kind of a while. Bought some 3.5 gear since I lost my old stuff, but would love to be able to chat with anyone else who plays to help shore up my storyline and such a bit or give some good encounter/dungeon ideas. At this point, I've been playing every fantasy game I own trying to find more ideas, but would love some advice from more seasoned DMs without leaving my GWJ safety zone.

There a thread about a game that is currently running but it isn't a D&D thread in general.

On similar note if anyone plays online and needs another person I would be happy to play with you. However, I don't know anything and will probably do extremely stupid things. I've been looking into pathfinder but haven't picked the core book yet.

Start a D&D-specific thread (which we still don't have for some reason), or just jump into the generic PnP one.