Starcraft 2's next/first expansion, Heart of the Swarm is finally here.
This was the beta thread, and most of that discussion has probably moved on to the Starcraft II HOTS Multiplayer Thread.
I will just convert this to a Catch-All thread, so feel free to discuss everything else HOTS related here barring uncovered spoilers.
I will try to update this thread as soon as I have enough time. Sorry for the slow changes.
[size=20]Open Spreadsheet for GWJer IDs for the HOTS beta (the BETA has its own seperate database of IDs).[/size]
[size=20]STEAM Group for SC2[/size]
- 12.22.12, I am sorry, I fell behind on the news. A lot has happened.
- Warhounds are still gone.
- Oracles are now ridiculously powerful Air2Ground units (the limitations being that they are super fragile and can only attack when they have energy for a drain-toggle).
- Ultralisks no longer charge.
- Carriers have their old leash micro back (OLD OLD leash micro from BW days).
- Medivacs have all kinds of upgrades.
- Hydras have access to improved speed upgrade from Lair tech instead of Hive tech.
- BETA access is pretty much up for grabs for anyone who wants it, provided they're willing to Preorder or 'fake' preorder and then cancel once the beta keys are sent.
- Added Clan/Group support (GWJ has both).
- Added Unranked matchmaking (which is probably huge for those with Ladder jitters).
- Protoss is currently kind of overpowered, leading many to call this expansion the 'heart of the void' instead.
- 09.14.12, Second HOTS BETA Patch: Warhounds removed! Carriers brought back! Big Sweeping changes everywhere!
- 09.07.12, First HOTS BETA Patch
- 09.04.12, Blizzard's official announcement of the BETA for HOTS going live (plus, a FAQ on the beta tester selection process)
Zerg - Viper, Swarm Host
Terran - Widow Mine, Warhound (currently axed), Battle Hellion (Hellion Conversion Mode)
Protoss - Mothership Core, Oracle, Tempest
[size=24]Other Highlights (Either in the BETA or to be released)[/size]
- Non-ranked matchmaking for a pressure free matchmaking environment to practice against players at your appropriate skill level.
- Cross-Realm Play
- Group Replay Viewing System
- Additions to the USER Interface to make the game more intuitive for non-high level players and beginners.
- A new single-player campaign featuring the 'un-infested' Kerrigan and the Zerg.
[size=24]Pro Streams currently frequently featuring HOTS[/size]
- Twitch TV's index page for all LIVE Heart of the Swarm streams.
- (day9) Day9 - http://www.twitch.tv/day9tv (seems to be featuring almost exclusively HOTS these days)
- (P) Liquid'NonY - http://www.twitch.tv/liquidnony
- (P) WhiteRA - http://www.twitch.tv/whitera
- (P) Quantic.Black - http://www.twitch.tv/lagtvmaximusblack
- (P) ROOTKiWiKaKi - http://www.own3d.tv/AtheneLive/live/...
- (T) EG.DeMusliM - http://www.twitch.tv/demuslim
- (T) EG.ThorZaIN - http://www.twitch.tv/thorzain
- (T) ROOTdrebiew - http://www.twitch.tv/ROOTdrewbie
- (T) coLTriMaster - http://www.twitch.tv/coltrimaster
- (Z) Mstephano - http://www.twitch.tv/mstephano
- (Z) mTw.DIMAGA - http://www.own3d.tv/mTwDIMAGA
- (Z) Liquid'Sheth - http://www.twitch.tv/liquidsheth
- (Z) Liquid'TLO - http://www.twitch.tv/liquidtlo
- (Z) MyHydra - http://www.twitch.tv/myhydra
- (Z) ROOTViBE - http://www.twitch.tv/vibelol
- (VOD) IGNProLeague Broadcast for HOTS BETA Launch - http://www.twitch.tv/ignproleague/b/...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - <3 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -