Knockoff Kinder Eggs - Insulting!

So, I'm a huge fan of Kinder Eggs. And if you aren't familiar, they are chocolate eggs with awesome toys you have to put together inside. I used to have them all the time in Italy and Austria. Unfortunately, American kids are too dumb not to try to eat the plastic container inside. So they are illegal in the US. Which makes me a very sad panda, and parent. Because my child won't experience these awesome things. Now it looks like someone has taken up an attempt to replicate the success and awesome of Kinder Eggs. Unfortunately, they created the Megablocks of Kinder Eggs. They sort of look the same, sort of act the same, but taste like dirt and the toys suck.

http://foodbeast.com/content/2013/03...

tl;dr: I miss Kinder Eggs

Well, you get assault rifles, so suck it up.

/stuffs face full of Kinder Eggs

/spits out toys

I would gladly, GLADLY, trade away all assault rifle for Kinder Eggs.

maverickz wrote:
I would gladly, GLADLY, trade away all assault rifle for Kinder Eggs.

Sure, trade away your manhood for some eggs. THIS IS 'MURICA!

I could have sworn that I recently read that Kinder Eggs were no longer illegal in the US, but can't find a story to link to.

Gravey wrote:
Well, you get assault rifles, so suck it up.

Best response ever.

misplacedbravado wrote:
I could have sworn that I recently read that Kinder Eggs were no longer illegal in the US, but can't find a story to link to.

I think that was after some kids choked on the Disney Magic balls Hershey was doing.

Oh man, Kinder Eggs were the best. I used to load up on them everytime I went abroad to visit family. Surprise toys and tasty chocolate in one. Yes please!

They sell them everywhere in Mexico, if you're ever taking a trip here you can take a few boxes home : )

I don't know how they interpreted this:

(3) bears or contains any nonnutritive substance, except that this subparagraph shall not apply to a safe nonnutritive substance which is in or on confectionery by reason of its use for some practical functional purpose in the manufacture, packaging, or storage of such confectionery if the use of the substance does not promote deception of the consumer or otherwise result in adulteration or misbranding in violation of any provision of this chapter, except that the Secretary may, for the purpose of avoiding or resolving uncertainty as to the application of this subparagraph, issue regulations allowing or prohibiting the use of particular nonnutritive substances.

source

As Kinder Eggs are dangerous. Clearly, Kinder marks the eggs with warnings and such. The above states that it is only illegal if it is used deceptively.

maverickz wrote:
I miss Kinder Eggs

So, err, how long until you get your tagging thread?

Oh... so you aren't supposed to eat the toy in the middle. Sigh, I knew I was doing something wrong.

An Israeli-Arabic store 5 minute walking distance away from my house brazenly sells Kinder Surprise. Sometimes my kids buy that dangerous substance whenever they feel like it! /teh horror

Gorilla.800.lbs wrote:
An Israeli-Arabic store 5 minute walking distance away from my house brazenly sells Kinder Surprise. Sometimes my kids buy that dangerous substance whenever they feel like it! /teh horror

Yeah, there was an Asian grocery store near my college that sold them too. I'm not sure where they got them or how they smuggled them in, but I thanked them every time.

m0nk3yboy wrote:
maverickz wrote:
I miss Kinder Eggs

So, err, how long until you get your tagging thread? ;)

Without having a clue about how that even works, I'm going to guess, never.

maverickz wrote:
m0nk3yboy wrote:
maverickz wrote:
I miss Kinder Eggs

So, err, how long until you get your tagging thread? ;)

Without having a clue about how that even works, I'm going to guess, never.

Well, after Executive is "Choose your tag", so you are on your way

Cragmyre wrote:
maverickz wrote:
m0nk3yboy wrote:
maverickz wrote:
I miss Kinder Eggs

So, err, how long until you get your tagging thread? ;)

Without having a clue about how that even works, I'm going to guess, never.

Well, after Executive is "Choose your tag", so you are on your way :)

Basically what you're saying is "GBTW!"

maverickz wrote:
Basically what you're saying is "GBTW!" :)

Yessss, that's one closer to your Kinder Eggs necklace.

I can get Kinder Eggs around me.. at least 3 stores have them regularly.

Come to Canadaland, where choking children is part of the natural selection process. They're all over the WalMart checkouts here.

shoptroll wrote:

I think that was after some kids choked on the Disney Magic balls Hershey was doing.

Those Disney Magic balls were weird, because the inside of the chocolate would get coated with artificial fruit dust from the candy inside.

I had one year in university where I wound up with a fair amount left on my meal plan at the end of the year. I pretty much bought a crate of kinder eggs with the remainder.

Easter without kinder eggs? my childhood weeps for you.

"Chocolate Surprise Eggs" sounds like a deviant sexual practice.

So, obviously, I'm interested.

maverickz wrote:
Unfortunately, they created the Megablocks of Kinder Eggs. They sort of look the same, sort of act the same, but taste like dirt and the toys suck.

Utterly failing to see the difference between these and Kinder eggs.

Jonman wrote:
"Chocolate Surprise Eggs" sounds like a deviant sexual practice.

So, obviously, I'm interested.

maverickz wrote:
Unfortunately, they created the Megablocks of Kinder Eggs. They sort of look the same, sort of act the same, but taste like dirt and the toys suck.

Utterly failing to see the difference between these and Kinder eggs.

Not everyone has the refined taste to truly enjoy Kinder Eggs.

The problem with Kinder Eggs is that nobody believes you if you claim that you buy them because you like the chocolate. Same as buying Playboy for the articles.

Nobody buys them for the chocolate. You're not buying a toy either. You're buying an experience.

If I want chocolate, I'll buy chocolate. Probably Cadbury's.
My toys these days don't package well inside of food.

It was always upsetting when you got one of those one piece toys with no assembly required. It was lame, I want to put stuff together, dammit!

I work in the Customs/import department for my company and we got a notice from US Customs that we has a UPS shipment with contra ban in it and we had to pay to have it destroyed. We all got a laugh when it turned out to be Kinder Eggs and assumed the Customs officer destroyed it by eating it.

Jucofett wrote:
I work in the Customs/import department for my company and we got a notice from US Customs that we has a UPS shipment with contra ban in it and we had to pay to have it destroyed. We all got a laugh when it turned out to be Kinder Eggs and assumed the Customs officer destroyed it by eating it.

That's the worst part you know. I bet there's a whole bunch of kids in the US whose Customs Agent parent brings back loads of these things.

I guess I'm in the minority: given that I'm in the EU and have no problem procuring the stated kinder eggs. However, I do think they are the most overpriced piece of crap that money can buy.... both in terms of chocolate quality and toy quality as well...

maverickz wrote:

Unfortunately, a handful of American kids were too dumb not to try to eat the plastic container, so every store is scared sh*tless of a lawsuit and won't carry them .

http://foodbeast.com/content/2013/03/13/finally-legal-chocolate-surprise...

tl;dr: I miss Kinder Eggs

Ftfy - just because America has ridiculous lawsuits doesn't mean the majority of American kids are dumb.

Duoae wrote:
I guess I'm in the minority: given that I'm in the EU and have no problem procuring the stated kinder eggs. However, I do think they are the most overpriced piece of crap that money can buy.... both in terms of chocolate quality and toy quality as well...

Same in Australia.

What I really want is Lego, wrapped in bacon!