Age of Empires 2 HD

whispa wrote:
SpyNavy wrote:

Bring it on and could someone do the exact same thing for Diablo 2 please and Sid Meiers Pirates! Thanks I'll be listening to LL Cool J in the corner while waiting.

*Taps foot to "going back to Cali"

Cant Live Without My Radio!

Steam pre-load is now live! Let the countdown to unlock begin!

soonerjudd wrote:

Steam pre-load is now live! Let the countdown to unlock begin!

LOL pre-load for a game that downloads in 5 minutes.

So nobody else wants to go in on a 4-pack? *sniff*

If it's going that quick, might be worth re-checking your files -- there was an issue earlier today where the game only partly downloaded. It should be closer to 1.5GB than 100MB.

Natus wrote:

So nobody else wants to go in on a 4-pack? *sniff*

I'll go in with you!

So we have 2:

Natus
AP Erebus

Anyone else?

AP Erebus wrote:
Natus wrote:

So nobody else wants to go in on a 4-pack? *sniff*

I'll go in with you!

So we have 2:

Natus
AP Erebus

Anyone else?

I'll fill the last two spots. One for me and one for my friend Kalsnake.

Anyone else up for a 4-pack?

TigerBill wrote:
AP Erebus wrote:
Natus wrote:

So nobody else wants to go in on a 4-pack? *sniff*

I'll go in with you!

So we have 2:

Natus
AP Erebus

Anyone else?

I'll fill the last two spots. One for me and one for my friend Kalsnake.

TigerBill, do you want to buy, since you will own half the games already? If so, PM me your Paypal info.

If not, I can do it tomorrow.

Thats fine, I already sent you and AP a friend request. I will get it done this afternoon.

EDIT:
...aaannnddd sent. Paypal info is in a GWJ PM. Pay whenever.

So wow. It's really the same old AoE 2. Great to play again, but lordy, the years have not been kind! I hope some modders can make some interface and graphics improvements if possible. Can you even shift-queue?

Anyone who wants a game, let me know!

Natus wrote:

Can you even shift-queue?

Maybe? I vaguely remember shift queuing a unit around the map to scout but it's also very likely I'm confusing it with AoE3. I'm pretty sure you can't queue build instructions, though.

I'm pretty sure you could set tons of waypoints via shift and...right mouse click in the minimap?

I thought for sure you could shift- right click your scout around the map AND that there was a signal that came up when villies were idling. Off to the forums!

GAH! I'd forgotten how just how terrible the narration is in the William Wallace tutorial campaign.

Makes Groundskeeper Willie sound legit.

stevenmack wrote:

GAH! I'd forgotten how just how terrible the narration is in the William Wallace tutorial campaign.

Makes Groundskeeper Willie sound legit.

So bad, it's good, amirite?

Played a few Standard games after work tonight, mostly just to sort of get back into the groove.

It is definitely the same game, which is what I wanted.

I plan on jumping into MP tomorrow hopefully, might try to get my stream going again.

If anybody ever wants to play coop add me on Steam, honestly, I prefer comp stomps to competitive MP.

Jumped straight into a comp stomp with a couple of friends and it all came right back to me. Gameplay feels really slow compared to Starcraft, and I can't tell if it's due to network lag or just the game's shortcomings. I really wish I had a UI scale as well, because everything is way smaller than it needs to be. Regardless, I'm super excited to have this back!

Holding shift and clicking a build button adds 5, if I remember correctly.

Other hotkeys:
TAB cycles through selected buildings/units
SHIFT when building something lets you set multiple build points
SHIFT with a building selects sets a rally point for new units (can be a garrison command if the rally point is a building)
SHIFT plus move sets a waypoint
SHIFT and selecting units adds units/buildings to the current selection
CTRL plus a number assigns units to groups
ALT plus a number re-selects a group and centers the view on them.
. is next idle villager

Gremlin wrote:

Holding shift and clicking a build button adds 5, if I remember correctly.

Other hotkeys:
TAB cycles through selected buildings/units
SHIFT when building something lets you set multiple build points
SHIFT with a building selects sets a rally point for new units (can be a garrison command if the rally point is a building)
SHIFT plus move sets a waypoint
SHIFT and selecting units adds units/buildings to the current selection
CTRL plus a number assigns units to groups
ALT plus a number re-selects a group and centers the view on them.
. is next idle villager

A small note for the Shift to set waypoints does not currently work on the minimap, you have to right click on the normal map.

Kamakazi010654 wrote:
Gremlin wrote:

Holding shift and clicking a build button adds 5, if I remember correctly.

Other hotkeys:
TAB cycles through selected buildings/units
SHIFT when building something lets you set multiple build points
SHIFT with a building selects sets a rally point for new units (can be a garrison command if the rally point is a building)
SHIFT plus move sets a waypoint
SHIFT and selecting units adds units/buildings to the current selection
CTRL plus a number assigns units to groups
ALT plus a number re-selects a group and centers the view on them.
. is next idle villager

A small note for the Shift to set waypoints does not currently work on the minimap, you have to right click on the normal map.

Yeah, I have luck when I shift-right click a route on the minimap, THEN do a final right click without shift. Very odd.

Natus wrote:

Yeah, I have luck when I shift-right click a route on the minimap, THEN do a final right click without shift. Very odd.

This is just the odd way that it originally worked. You build up the queue and then activate it by actually issuing a regular move command. It's like reverse polish notation for RTS games.

Oh, and let me say how much I love the expansiveness of the maps! I really miss that. Not in any of the succeeding iterations were the maps that big, or did they feel as big. Love it!

Went ahead and bought the four pack for me and a buddy. If anyone else would like one of the remaining copies, pm me.

Tried to do some comp stomps with a friend today and, it kept crashing part way through each game.

just installed the other day. I've got to say, probably still my favorite RTS. i would love to get some GWJ games going. my steam name is hat22trick

FYI: i already sent a ton of friend requests to most people in this thread. if you didn't get one its because i couldn't find you.

FiveIron wrote:

just installed the other day. I've got to say, probably still my favorite RTS. i would love to get some GWJ games going. my steam name is hat22trick

FYI: i already sent a ton of friend requests to most people in this thread. if you didn't get one its because i couldn't find you.

Not finding you under that name. I'm Natus on Steam, connected to GWJ and Qt3. Friend me up, all! Love some games!

also something ive been wondering, is it possible to play of Lan still? some of my friends wanted to do that earlier today and it seems the only way to play is online which tends to lag it down a bit.

Wow, this really is just the original with higher resolution and Steam integration isn't it? Not a bad thing.

Although I do wonder if high-res textures will pop up in the Steam Workshop, it'd be nice to get some really high quality 2D sprites and backgrounds.

I remember organizing an online session with this in the day.

I'll have to check out the cost on steam. What kind of a pool of players do we have going?

Skimmed. Sorry.