Steam Winter Sale 2012 - Seriously Guys, It Was Over Two Months Ago! Move Along!

Looks like patience is no match for a rampaging buffalo!

Many undead thanks to TuffaloBuffalo!

gravity wrote:

Vote CK2 for the next deal! More people need to play this!

I tried CK2 once(after hearing about it on the podcast) and I didn't last more than 10 minutes. It just seems very complicated. Perhaps I played it wrong?

Eleima wrote:
Cobble wrote:
Eleima wrote:

(I'm guessing, I've successfully dodged the sparkle pony up til now).

See, now you went and said it.

Me and my big mouth! Thank you, Cobble, for the magic gift that keeps giving, that is Secret of the Magic Crystal. Not sure whether I should feel appalled or actually honored that I've been tagged too. Now to find another unsuspecting victim!......

I hate you so much!

I figured keeping my mouth shut would keep the sparkle pony fairy away.

Does Blood Bowl Chaos Edition actually fix any of the bugs with the game?

Also Gods and Kings isn't going to go below 50% off is it? I should just pull the trigger now, shouldn't I?

Maq wrote:

Also Gods and Kings isn't going to go below 50% off is it? I should just pull the trigger now, shouldn't I?

Civ V is currently up for vote. It's possible that will also include Gods and Kings so you might want to wait to see if it wins.

Jolly Bill has given me the gift of glory basking. Also, Binding of Isaac.

IMAGE(http://i.imgur.com/nL8GU.png)

And then when I came to publicly bask in his glory, I found that Archangel had also PM'd me a code. Don't worry, I already found a good home for it.

Cheers to the both of you!

Driver: San Francisco - good? I really liked the original... that was some time ago.

Edit: I found the catch-all, basically nothing but good reviews from Goodjers. Guess I'll be gifting it... to myself! Mwahaha

iaintgotnopants wrote:
Maq wrote:

Also Gods and Kings isn't going to go below 50% off is it? I should just pull the trigger now, shouldn't I?

Civ V is currently up for vote. It's possible that will also include Gods and Kings so you might want to wait to see if it wins.

And today is Civilization Discount day at Amazon. Steam may do something to match or beat whatever Amazon conjures up.

alexjg42 wrote:

I tried CK2 once(after hearing about it on the podcast) and I didn't last more than 10 minutes. It just seems very complicated. Perhaps I played it wrong?

No, that all sounds about right The tutorial can teach you some stuff, but the best thing is to start a game and mouse over everything and read all the tooltips. That's where the real info is. There's a pretty good intro play through on YouTube too, but it's rather long. The first few videos can get you going if you're willing to slog through them. People in the CK2 thread are very helpful also for more specific questions.

Unfortunately most resources treat the game like a bag of tools but don't really teach you how they fit together. The YouTube vids help there but your best bet is to just start playing and go ask specific questions.

gravity wrote:
alexjg42 wrote:

I tried CK2 once(after hearing about it on the podcast) and I didn't last more than 10 minutes. It just seems very complicated. Perhaps I played it wrong?

No, that all sounds about right The tutorial can teach you some stuff, but the best thing is to start a game and mouse over everything and read all the tooltips. That's where the real info is. There's a pretty good intro play through on YouTube too, but it's rather long. The first few videos can get you going if you're willing to slog through them. People in the CK2 thread are very helpful also for more specific questions.

Unfortunately most resources treat the game like a bag of tools but don't really teach you how they fit together. The YouTube vids help there but your best bet is to just start playing and go ask specific questions.

Sounds a lot like my experience with Mount & Blade: Warband. The beginning was brutal, I had no idea what I was doing, kept getting fleeced by bandits, and taken prisoner. I'd say, keep at it, try to look up a few things, it'll get better. (at least, that was true for M&B)

Missed the sale on 30 Flights. Oh well.

Played 5 hours of FTL though. Today is a bad day to be in space.

I think I'll play some DoTA 2, some SMB, then drown in a pool of my own hate-vomit.

Edit: All praise be to Delerat for his gift of 30 Flights of Loving!

m0nk3yboy wrote:

I can buy the full season for $12.50 at the moment on Steam, but the other 4 episodes I want on XBLA are coming on sale in the next 12 hours. They are 200 space bucks each at the moment, but if they go on a 50% deal, they'll be less than $5 to buy the lot...

200 MSP each is the sale price (regular 400 MSP each)—they either went on sale early, or all the daily deals began the prior evening but nobody noticed until now because this was the one daily deal everyone actually cared about.

Scooped'em all up myself on Xbox.

If you would like a chance to receive a copy of Sleeping Dogs, send me a pm. Two lucky people will be chosen at random, so good luck! All standard coffee grinder rules apply.

Edit: All Done!

Gravey wrote:
m0nk3yboy wrote:

I can buy the full season for $12.50 at the moment on Steam, but the other 4 episodes I want on XBLA are coming on sale in the next 12 hours. They are 200 space bucks each at the moment, but if they go on a 50% deal, they'll be less than $5 to buy the lot...

200 MSP each is the sale price (regular 400 MSP each)—they either went on sale early, or all the daily deals began the prior evening but nobody noticed until now because this was the one daily deal everyone actually cared about.

Scooped'em all up myself on Xbox.

Not available in your region?!?!?

Oh sh*t I forgot I used US MS Points for that purchase of Episode 1! Bugger. Lets see if my 'guy' can get me some points in time. Already purchased them, just hope he gets them through before the deal ends. I started to install Ep one on the Mac, looking through the pics I remembered how awesome this game is. I intend playing it on both formats now, just so I can mix up how I play it, who I save, what decisions I make, etc.

Thanks again Tuffalo. There is a good chance you have saved the (region locked) day for this little Aussie Xboxer.

So looking forward to Jan 1 when we finally start getting material that can receive it's rightful R (Restricted 18+) classification instead of being shoe horned into MA15+ (Mature Adult 15+)

Well, I will give you this, m0nk3yboy:

I finished episode 2 today with my roommate. Have fun!

Deadmonkeys wrote:

Missed the sale on 30 Flights. Oh well.
Played 5 hours of FTL though. Today is a bad day to be in space.

But it's a good day to die, right? Rename your ship to "Defiant", and you're all set.

Maq wrote:

Does Blood Bowl Chaos Edition actually fix any of the bugs with the game?

I think that no, but if you own the previous games you have an all time offer of 10$ on their website for the Chaos edition.

I have to keep watching these middle of the night flash deals. Tonight there was Tony Hawk Pro Skater HD for $5. This after I just got Jet Set Radio. How many other remakes of my favorite console games from the awesome aughts are going to go on sale this weekend??

Thanks Sonrics for the gift of Home. Now I am home from staying with family in a different home, I look forward to sitting at my home and starting to feel at home with Home.

Thanks to D_Man for the gift of Orcs Must Die 2. Given the mandate of them dying, this is likely not to stay on the pile too long...there is work to do!

Thanks to the Krev man for FTL! I have never played a roguelike - but am ready to try my hand! Thanks!

Rahmen wrote:

More and more I'm slipping on my will to hold off buying XCOM. Is the 33% off a pretty good deal for it right now or should I work my way through the rest of the pile some more?

Head over to GMG and get XCOM for $17.50 today with code GMG30-DPLIM-DN831!

Amazon has Gods and Kings for $10 right now. Activates fine on Steam, dunno how long they'll have it at that price.

Malor wrote:

Amazon has Gods and Kings for $10 right now. Activates fine on Steam, dunno how long they'll have it at that price.

Also, remember you can use your 2K $5 promo with it to get it for $5. The 2K promotion is still running today I believe. If you have one and it doesn't show up, contact Amazon customer support for help - apparently they've been very quick to correct glitches for people.

I don't see it being mentioned but I thought I'd point out that Miner Wars has always on DRM and pretty poor reviews.

garion333 wrote:

I don't see it being mentioned but I thought I'd ointment out that Miner Wars has always on DRM and pretty poor reviews.

Wow! There's an ointment for always on DRM? I need to pick some of that up for those couple Ubisoft games I accidentally bought on Steam.

Big Thanks to Camipotent for the gift of L.A. Noire!

Long time debating on this, and he gladly pushed me off the fence.

Much appreciated. Thanks for being my friend . Camnipotent is a gentleman, a scholar, and a philanthropist.

Any enabling on Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams? I love platformers and this one looks like fun.

A belated thank you to Nimcosi for Magic the Gathering: DotP 2012 Gold edition. Thank you, thank you! Most kind.