Steam Winter Sale 2012 - Seriously Guys, It Was Over Two Months Ago! Move Along!

Yeah KOTOR 2 seems like a lock.

I think it was confirmed that the fan patch works on the Steam version right?

I've been meaning to replay it since that released a while back, but haven't got around to it. This would make it easier.

Coolbeans wrote:
Bonus_Eruptus wrote:
Thanks to Grumpicus for making me one of the 1% with the new job. It's giftin' time.

Jealous! Grumpy, where's my gig?

I'm looking for senior, junior, and UI developers on my team if you're interested.

Oh should our usual rules apply? Don't buy unless it's a daily/flash deal? I see a lot of stuff 25, 33, or 50% off. But they're not on the front page, so they could go cheaper, right?

Stele wrote:
Oh should our usual rules apply? Don't buy unless it's a daily/flash deal? I see a lot of stuff 25, 33, or 50% off. But they're not on the front page, so they could go cheaper, right? ;)

The first rule of Steam Sales

Never, ever, ever, ever buy anything before the last day that isn't a daily deal.

Stele wrote:
Oh should our usual rules apply? Don't buy unless it's a daily/flash deal? I see a lot of stuff 25, 33, or 50% off. But they're not on the front page, so they could go cheaper, right? ;)

That would seem to make the most sense. Not a whole lot of the "good stuff" in the Flash Deals right now though. I hope that changes. The "good stuff" is all in Daily Deals for now.

Robear wrote:

I'm notoriously weak willed when Steam Sales roll around (seriously, my husband should confiscate my PayPal and credit card).

ProTip for husband:

IT'S A TRAP!


You called?

In case anyone's interested, looks like ArtRage Studio Pro is half price over on the software section.

That's goin' in the cart finally.

One thing I keep wondering is whether stuff that's on sale now will go deeper at christmas. I picked up FO:NV last autumn sale, and it went a tiny bit cheaper at christmas. I guess you just have to speculate whether the difference between 50% and 66% and 75% off really matters to you.

I'm glad they're continuing to not do any silly metagaming with the sales.

MeatMan wrote:
I don't plan on buying anything during the autumn sale, except for maybe an impulse buy for something on my wishlist that's less than $5.

SOL: Exodus for $2.49 = Yoink!

OMD2 is 50% off, and the first 2 DLCs are too. But the new DLC and complete version have no sale. Ugh.

Mark of the Ninja is 25% off. Maybe there will be a 50% off daily sale...

Scratched wrote:
One thing I keep wondering is whether stuff that's on sale now will go deeper at christmas. I picked up FO:NV last autumn sale, and it went a tiny bit cheaper at christmas. I guess you just have to speculate whether the difference between 50% and 66% and 75% off really matters to you.

I'm glad they're continuing to not do any silly metagaming with the sales.

I try to only buy games during the Autumn sale that I will play before Christmas. It is very rare to have something on sale now and not have it at least match the price at Christmas and sometimes it will go lower.

Scratched wrote:
One thing I keep wondering is whether stuff that's on sale now will go deeper at christmas. I picked up FO:NV last autumn sale, and it went a tiny bit cheaper at christmas. I guess you just have to speculate whether the difference between 50% and 66% and 75% off really matters to you.

I'm glad they're continuing to not do any silly metagaming with the sales.

And the question of "can you play it in the next 4 weeks?" matters too.

Scratched wrote:
One thing I keep wondering is whether stuff that's on sale now will go deeper at christmas.

I'm sure some/most will be cheaper then, which is why I'm holding off on TWD currently at 50% off. That, plus I probably wouldn't start playing it in the next 4 weeks due to other games I want to play, so there's no reason not to wait.

Stele wrote:
OMD2 is 50% off, and the first 2 DLCs are too. But the new DLC and complete version have no sale. Ugh.

Mark of the Ninja is 25% off. Maybe there will be a 50% off daily sale...


Did you see my message to you?

So far I'm in for Magic DotP 2013 and Penny Arcade's Rainslick 3. Well, I will be once I get home, anyway.

Woohoo! Sturm Surl!

Nothing yet, but that just serves to lull the wallet... It's ok, precious... feel safe...

A tip for the chronic buyers: Steam Game Sales is a pretty good tool, if you wish to keep on top of the sales. Except for the part where you suddenly get 1000+ unread items in your news-feed.

Personally, I'm happy to see Total War: Shogun 2 at 50% off, but I'll have to hold off buying it in case it becomes a daily/flash deal.

WHY DID STEAM REMOVE THE WISHLIST LINK FROM THE TOP OF THE STORE PAGE?!

Now I have to go to community... and click profile... and click wishlist...

Wow, my wallet is totally safe right now. Nice.

Stele wrote:
WHY DID STEAM REMOVE THE WISHLIST LINK FROM THE TOP OF THE STORE PAGE?!

Now I have to go to community... and click profile... and click wishlist...

:mad:

I've been wondering this for a few days now. Hate it.

Stele wrote:
WHY DID STEAM REMOVE THE WISHLIST LINK FROM THE TOP OF THE STORE PAGE?!

Now I have to go to community... and click profile... and click wishlist...

:mad:

Yarp. Alternately, go to a game you know you've got in a wishlist already, and click on it; there should be a view wishlist link.

2 clicks vs 3 clicks... not helpful... can also click on Steam menu and go to profile without having to go through community page, but it's still clicks.

If they're going to remove it from the store page, put it in the menu somewhere at least so I can go straight to it. Especially when their browser is a bit slow during sales.

KotOR 2, some DLC and the Walking Dead so far.

Was it like this last time?

IMAGE(http://i866.photobucket.com/albums/ab221/Strangeblades/1-3.png)

47 hours is a daily deal? Didn't daily deals last 24 hours?

Stele wrote:
2 clicks vs 3 clicks... not helpful... can also click on Steam menu and go to profile without having to go through community page, but it's still clicks.

If they're going to remove it from the store page, put it in the menu somewhere at least so I can go straight to it. Especially when their browser is a bit slow during sales.

I created a bookmark in Chrome to jump right there. In fact, for the sales, I do all of my shopping in the browser as the Steam app gets kinda janky sometimes. Plus, I'm usually away from home during these sales.

Veloxi wrote:
Wow, my wallet is totally safe right now. Nice.

K, I lied, I got Zeno Clash for $0.99 because it looks nifty...and $0.99...

Deadmonkeys wrote:
Falchion wrote:
Can I elect you to write about any upcoming events in this style?

Why Soitenly.

Here are my breaking points for the sale.

$10 Tier
Age of Empires 3: Collection

Hey Deadmonkeys, it's $10 now!

Strangeblades wrote:
Was it like this last time?

IMAGE(http://i866.photobucket.com/albums/ab221/Strangeblades/1-3.png)

47 hours is a daily deal? Didn't daily deals last 24 hours?

I think so, yeah. They definitely lasted longer than 24 hours in the summer sale.. maybe 28-30?

wow... just opened GWJ and saw the thread. Opened Steam. This can't end well for some of you.

Good thing I don't have a gaming PC. All of my gaming has to be on the mac. Seems I'll be safe this time seeing as how all of the sales look like Windows only titles.

Oh, it started?

Woot for having no money, amirite?!?