Steam Winter Sale 2012 - Seriously Guys, It Was Over Two Months Ago! Move Along!

On a semi-related Steam note, if you missed the XCOM:EU sale earlier, Amazon DD is selling it at 50% off ($25) right now, and yes it unlocks on Steam.

What are season passes? I assume they're just all the DLC released so far, but the name implies there's a time limit on how long you can actually use them.

Yes! I've survived not buying Mark of the Ninja. (my cat is watching this as I type - she might be angry I didn't buy it)! I have a Will of STEEL.

Bonus_Eruptus wrote:
What are season passes? I assume they're just all the DLC released so far, but the name implies there's a time limit on how long you can actually use them.

In most cases it's a bundle of DLC, released and unreleased for a game - you'll get the content when it comes available. It's usually a slightly better price than getting the DLC separately.

Thanks to El Producto for Sol Exodus!

soonerjudd wrote:
Bonus_Eruptus wrote:
What are season passes? I assume they're just all the DLC released so far, but the name implies there's a time limit on how long you can actually use them.

In most cases it's a bundle of DLC, released and unreleased for a game - you'll get the content when it comes available. It's usually a slightly better price than getting the DLC separately.

Yeah there's 3 DLC out for Borderlands 2 right now, all $9.99 each.

So the season pass is $29.99, and you get all 3 of those, plus whatever else they release. In theory, a good deal if you plan to buy everything.

Right, I thought I was done... but Castle Crashers is interesting me, sadly my gaming friends burned out on it on 360, so they're not up for it.

Any Goodjers play? or any interest in a 4-pack of goodness?

The Indie Games deals of the day are ( I didn't even realize that they had different daily deals in this section too )

Osmos - 50% - $4.99
Shatter - 50% - $4.99
Giana Sisters Twisted Dreams - 40% - $8.99
Zeno Clash - 90% - $0.99
Sword & Sworcery - 60% - $3.19
Closure - 50% - $4.99
Hamlet or the Last Game without MMORPG Features, Shaders and Product Placement ( and yes that is the title ) - 50% - $2.49
Ys Origin - 50% - $9.99
VVVVVV - 50% - $2.49

Zeno Clash was always 0.99. I'm thinking those weren't daily deals for the indie games but were just daily highlights. Could be wrong though as my sample size is literally 1.

SixteenBlue wrote:
Zeno Clash was always 0.99. I'm thinking those weren't daily deals for the indie games but were just daily highlights. Could be wrong though as my sample size is literally 1.

I didn't fully explore the different Indie game sales, so you are probably correct. Of those I listed, I own four of them, have one on my wishlist and have never heard of the Hamlet one, nor the sisters one.

Cragmyre wrote:
Of those I listed, I own four of them, have one on my wishlist and have never heard of the Hamlet one, nor the sisters one.
Cragmyre wrote:
Giana Sisters Twisted Dreams - 40% - $8.99
If you like devilishly hard platformers, I quite enjoy Giana Sisters. It controls very well with a controller, much better than with a keyboard (shocking for a platformer, I know). I got in on it when it was a Kickstarter project, and it is quite good.

I've skated through this sale only picking up the Deus Ex DLC but I have to say at 3.74, The Legend of Grimrock tempts.

Oh this is killing me. I want all but two of the existing daily deals from yesterday and today, and not for my backlog but I mean I would play them TONIGHT if I could. If only it were possible to support a family with steam sales instead of food...

omnipherous wrote:
Right, I thought I was done... but Castle Crashers is interesting me, sadly my gaming friends burned out on it on 360, so they're not up for it.

Any Goodjers play? or any interest in a 4-pack of goodness?

I'd 2nd a 4-pack if we can get 2 more. I love the beat-em-up genre of games.

Blondish83 wrote:
omnipherous wrote:
Right, I thought I was done... but Castle Crashers is interesting me, sadly my gaming friends burned out on it on 360, so they're not up for it.

Any Goodjers play? or any interest in a 4-pack of goodness?

I'd 2nd a 4-pack if we can get 2 more. I love the beat-em-up genre of games.

That`ll be Valve`s response to Windows 8.

Blondish83 wrote:
omnipherous wrote:
Right, I thought I was done... but Castle Crashers is interesting me, sadly my gaming friends burned out on it on 360, so they're not up for it. Any Goodjers play? or any interest in a 4-pack of goodness?
I'd 2nd a 4-pack if we can get 2 more. I love the beat-em-up genre of games.

...and my brightly-colored cartoon axe! Just need one more button-masher orc-botherer noble crusader.

Alas, sleep calls over here in gmt-land.

If we get one more and the 4 pack is a go-er, I can remonetise ASAP tomorrow?

Big things to Tyrian for gifting me Torchlight 2! I haven't even been checking the Steam Sale because I'm on a big PS3/Vita JRPG kick which is gonna keep me busy until some of next year's releases. I will get around to Torchlight 2. I loved the first one except for the last boss. Never did beat that game.

tuffalobuffalo wrote:
Big things to Tyrian for gifting me Torchlight 2! I haven't even been checking the Steam Sale because I'm on a big PS3/Vita JRPG kick which is gonna keep me busy until some of next year's releases. I will get around to Torchlight 2. I loved the first one except for the last boss. Never did beat that game.

You're more than welcome. You happened to win a random number lottery.

Tyrian wrote:
tuffalobuffalo wrote:
Big things to Tyrian for gifting me Torchlight 2! I haven't even been checking the Steam Sale because I'm on a big PS3/Vita JRPG kick which is gonna keep me busy until some of next year's releases. I will get around to Torchlight 2. I loved the first one except for the last boss. Never did beat that game.

You're more than welcome. You happened to win a random number lottery.

Woot! I hardly ever win anything!

Steam Sale Post Mortem (tentative):

The Walking Dead
KotOR 2
To the Moon + Soundtrack
Home
Borderlands 2
Torchlight 2
The Witcher 2
GTA IV Complete
L.A. Noire
XCOM: EU

Chumpy_McChump wrote:
Someone enable me on Alan Wake. I've been tempted for ages, but haven't managed to pull the trigger.

Consider yourself enabled. Check your inbox

omnipherous wrote:
Alas, sleep calls over here in gmt-land.

If we get one more and the 4 pack is a go-er, I can remonetise ASAP tomorrow?

I'm in, unless it must be played with a gamepad. Keyboard and mouse much preferred.

m0nk3yboy wrote:
Chumpy_McChump wrote:
Someone enable me on Alan Wake. I've been tempted for ages, but haven't managed to pull the trigger.

Consider yourself enabled. Check your inbox ;)


Dude! You're awesome! So totally unnecessary (and so thoroughly appreciated)!

Chumpy_McChump wrote:
m0nk3yboy wrote:
Chumpy_McChump wrote:
Someone enable me on Alan Wake. I've been tempted for ages, but haven't managed to pull the trigger.

Consider yourself enabled. Check your inbox ;)


Dude! You're awesome! So totally unnecessary (and so thoroughly appreciated)! :drink:

I have that sig for a reason

My Steam Damage report (both direct from Steam and sales on other sites that activate on Steam):

Dungeon Defenders (Amazon): Free! (got credit)
Master of Orion 3 (Amazon): $0.50 (more credit)
KOTOR 2: $2.50
Crusader Kings 2 DLC: $4.50
Max Payne 3: $15.00
Dishonored (GMG): $22.50
To the Moon: $4.25
CODBLOPS: $20
Skyrim Hearthfire: $2.50
Orcs Must Die 2: $3.75
XCOM: EU (Amazon): $27.00

Total: ~$102.00

More than I expected, but there's hardly anything else left on my wishlist.

Thanks for the gift T-Bird! I decided to pay it forward and gifted Castle Crashers to another Goodjer who had it in their friend's list!

Steam sales bring out the commies in all of us. We buy and then we share. Capital communism - caponuism. CapitalZism. Commcap. CommieCap. BlapBlap.

Strangeblades wrote:
CommieCap. BlapBlap.

Sounds like the acronym for the next Call of Duty title

Looks like some final flash sales are up. 17 hour countdown until the end of the sale.

Bastion $3.74
Just Cause 2 $3.74
Testament of Sherlock Holmes $19.99

Probably one more set of flash deals in 3 hours, up for the final 14.