Steam Winter Sale 2012 - Seriously Guys, It Was Over Two Months Ago! Move Along!

Big thanks go out to Malor for the gift of Bastion. I shall think warm thoughts of you when I'm..... bastioning stuff.

Thank you sir!

Damnit, does somebody remember the URL somebody linked about halfway through the sale that compares prices off of Steam and other sites to find the lowest price for games? I really don't want to sift through 147 pages.

There's a couple. isthereanydeal.com is pretty good, you can link to your wishlist and set up price reminder emails.

There's also steamgamesales.com

Sleepy Dawgs, the Skyrim DLC, and Hotline Miami were my weak-willed purchases. I also got a cheap Quest for Glory pack on GOG, but I don't know if that counts in this thread.

BUT... I just moved my computer desk near my flatscreen last night. So I had to have some cool games to use on couch, right?

[size=10]That's my justification.[/size]

Arise, thread! I bought a 6-pack of games on Amazon for $6 this morning, and I have the following Steam keys for anyone above Coffee Grinder who wants them:

Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl
Metro 2033
Red Faction Armageddon

Red Faction Guerilla

Bonus_Eruptus wrote:

Arise, thread! I bought a 6-pack of games on Amazon for $6 this morning, and I have the following Steam keys for anyone above Coffee Grinder who wants them:

Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl
Metro 2033
Red Faction Armageddon

Red Faction Guerilla

SHAME. SHAME ON ALL OF YOU.

Deadmonkeys wrote:
Bonus_Eruptus wrote:

Arise, thread! I bought a 6-pack of games on Amazon for $6 this morning, and I have the following Steam keys for anyone above Coffee Grinder who wants them:

Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl
Metro 2033
Red Faction Armageddon

Red Faction Guerilla

SHAME. SHAME ON ALL OF YOU.

Surely the reason those two games haven't been claimed is because everyone who has seen his post already has them. It's the only reasonable explanation.

Deadmonkeys wrote:
Bonus_Eruptus wrote:

Arise, thread! I bought a 6-pack of games on Amazon for $6 this morning, and I have the following Steam keys for anyone above Coffee Grinder who wants them:

Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl
Metro 2033
Red Faction Armageddon

Red Faction Guerilla

SHAME. SHAME ON ALL OF YOU.

What? I already have them!

Well, I don't have STALKER, how good is it? I mean, really. I don't want to ask for a gift I won't use.

maverickz wrote:

Well, I don't have STALKER, how good is it? I mean, really. I don't want to ask for a gift I won't use. :)

It's yours when I get back from this appointment. You will play and enjoy it.

And that's all of them gone to good homes.

maverickz wrote:

Well, I don't have STALKER, how good is it? I mean, really. I don't want to ask for a gift I won't use. :)

It's very good, but slow and atmospheric. If you like deep, tense, scrappy survival scenarios, it will appeal. If you prefer "fun every 5 minutes!" game design, it'll leave you cold.

I bought STALKER: Call of Pripyat when I saw it on sale in a Big Lots. Decided that was a sign I should finally play it. I've not made it very far in, just to the southern part of the map and... I'm having a hard time playing it since suddenly the amount of monsters I run into walking around went from a few to one every three minutes. Heck I step out side the rusty ship and there are dead bodies in every direction.

So yeah, STALKER is kinda good.

Also need to update my list, I bought Skyrim: Hearthfire on the last day of the sale on a whim.

So yeah, my ISP (which happens to be the Greek phone company...) just sorta broke the network for the last 2.5 weeks. I finally get reconnected today, and waiting in my inbox from the awesome Eleima is just what I have been itching to try, FTL!

And I didn't even have to res the thread to say thanks.

Thanks!

Wolfen Victrocious wrote:

I bought STALKER: Call of Pripyat when I saw it on sale in a Big Lots. Decided that was a sign I should finally play it. I've not made it very far in, just to the southern part of the map and... I'm having a hard time playing it since suddenly the amount of monsters I run into walking around went from a few to one every three minutes. Heck I step out side the rusty ship and there are dead bodies in every direction.

So yeah, STALKER is kinda good.

The best part about corpses is that they don't put up a fight when you grab their junk.

Spoiler:

Sick.

Bonus_Eruptus wrote:

Arise, thread! I bought a 6-pack of games on Amazon for $6 this morning, and I have the following Steam keys for anyone above Coffee Grinder who wants them:

Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl
Metro 2033
Red Faction Armageddon

Red Faction Guerilla

Thanks much, Bonus_Eruptus for RF: Armageddon. I'll make sure to tear down as many buildings as I can.

Thank you Bonus Eruptus for STALKER. I look forward to scrounging in the shadows of Chernobyl!

maverickz wrote:

Thank you Bonus Eruptus for STALKER. I look forward to scrounging in the shadows of Chernobyl!

You should check out the STALKER complete Mod.

What the hell I don't even what the f*ck now??

I hate the word "lover" when talking about your significant other... hate it so hard.

JillSammich wrote:

I hate the word "lover" when talking about your significant other... hate it so hard.

I prefer loveless relationships, myself. More ennui that way.

Assuming it reaches novelty-sale-price-level, I would like to nominate Bientôt l'été as the Summer Sale 2013 Sparkle Ponies Surprise Gift (tm) title.

Just read the About the Game text for some quality facepalm action. As one reviewer put it, "Finally, a video game as artistic and hard to understand as French films." The discussions page, as always, provides for the obligatory Statler-and-Waldorf commentary.

wordsmythe wrote:
JillSammich wrote:

I hate the word "lover" when talking about your significant other... hate it so hard.

I prefer loveless relationships, myself. More onanism that way.

Fixed.

[insert well-deserved slow clap]

My wife wanted to name our second son Onan. I very quickly shot that down.

LiquidMantis wrote:

I very quickly shot...

...
Nope. Can't do it.

Chumpy_McChump wrote:
LiquidMantis wrote:

I very quickly shot...

...
Nope. Can't do it. :grin:

Did you know there's a company out there called Cummins Onan? ... just saying.

maverickz wrote:
Chumpy_McChump wrote:
LiquidMantis wrote:

I very quickly shot...

...
Nope. Can't do it. :grin:

Did you know there's a company out there called Cummins Onan? ... just saying.

Don't interrupt him, he was saying something.

I nominate this game. Click Me!

I don't think that's... pony enough.

JillSammich wrote:

I hate the word "lover" when talking about your significant other... hate it so hard.

Alright fine. Sexual intercourse partner it is.