Steam Winter Sale 2012 - Seriously Guys, It Was Over Two Months Ago! Move Along!

JillSammich wrote:
Budo wrote:
Quick someone enable me on Torchlight 2. That is the only one I would conceviably bend on.

...damn, I broke. At least it was only $10 (Note: please repeat this statement until your credit card breaks).

I almost pulled the trigger on that one but Cragmyre was nice enough to disable me on it. In 40 minutes, it's not going to matter anyway!

To be fair, I disabled him on it not because of gameplay, but a rule of thumb I go by ( sometimes ). If you will play it now, then pay $10 + for it without issue, if you won't be playing it now and it will sit on your pile ( I'm the king ), then pay $5 or less

Cragmyre wrote:
JillSammich wrote:
Budo wrote:
Quick someone enable me on Torchlight 2. That is the only one I would conceviably bend on.

...damn, I broke. At least it was only $10 (Note: please repeat this statement until your credit card breaks).

I almost pulled the trigger on that one but Cragmyre was nice enough to disable me on it. In 40 minutes, it's not going to matter anyway!

To be fair, I disabled him on it not because of gameplay, but a rule of thumb I go by ( sometimes ). If you will play it now, then pay $10 + for it without issue, if you won't be playing it now and it will sit on your pile ( I'm the king ), then pay $5 or less :D


Good one, I like it. Will use that going forth.

IMAGE(http://i.imgur.com/SyRNZ.gif)

And now I start a timer.

Scratched wrote:
IMAGE(http://i.imgur.com/SyRNZ.gif)

And now I start a timer.


Do you really want to temp the equine gods like this? They area a vindictive bunch.

I can't believe it's over...No more checking every 6 hours to see if something I want is on sale.

Nearly everything has gone back to the original price; so sad.

Steam Winter Sale 2012.

I've been on the fringes of this thread for the sale, but here is my damage:

Endless Space- Emperor SE- $11.98
Borderlands 2 Season Pass- $22.49
McPixel- $2.49
FTL Soundtrack- $1.49
Resonance- $2.49
The Longest Journey- $2.49
Torchlight II- $9.99
Sleeping Dogs: Nightmare in North Point DLC- $2.37
Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition (Amazon GOTY Credit)- $8.97
Total: $64.76

Should have passed or waited on Borderlands 2 Season Pass, it was cheaper elsewhere, I purchased it on Christmas Day on a whim (thanks Steam Mobile). I almost pulled the trigger on the Darksiders II Complete Pack, but held off, wisely.

I also have Steam codes for Portal 1, Deus Ex, and Frozen Synapse. Since I missed out on the giving, I'd like to offer up these three to good homes who aren't coffee grinders.

sr_malo wrote:
I can't believe it's over...No more checking every 6 hours to see if something I want is on sale.

Nearly everything has gone back to the original price; so sad.

Steam Winter Sale 2012.

Somehow I felt a strong sense of sadness just now. Like, my good friends are all leaving after a week bender over the holidays.... *sniff sniff*

Hahahahaahahha

Dear Mr. Conejote,

I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you take Bad Rats back, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will force you to play Superman 64 for ever. EVER.

XOXO
Maverick

We are the post-sale gifters. We are divine. We are implacable. We demand your sacrifice. You will play Bad Rats until your brains leak out of your mortal ears.

Or, you can just push it onto another unsuspecting person who is still coming to terms with the sale being over.

omnipherous wrote:
Tanglebones wrote:
Was just coming here to post that, Bonus

Per their website, if you didn't get any keys, they're refunding you; if you got even one (yay Skyrim!), you get the whole pack, eventually.

I got the same email. Luckily I'd already claimed all the TES titles, plus new Vegas. Just a waiting game on the others. I have two friends that both claimed no keys, and have been given a refund - they were less than chuffed, even though it was a pricing error.

It looks like some of the games have been removed from the bundle, though. It's no longer listing Brink, Hunted, or Rogue Warrior, either on the store page or in my games list.

soonerjudd wrote:
omnipherous wrote:
Tanglebones wrote:
Was just coming here to post that, Bonus

Per their website, if you didn't get any keys, they're refunding you; if you got even one (yay Skyrim!), you get the whole pack, eventually.

I got the same email. Luckily I'd already claimed all the TES titles, plus new Vegas. Just a waiting game on the others. I have two friends that both claimed no keys, and have been given a refund - they were less than chuffed, even though it was a pricing error.

It looks like some of the games have been removed from the bundle, though. It's no longer listing Brink, Hunted, or Rogue Warrior, either on the store page or in my games list.

All still listed on mine, FWIW..

Scratched wrote:
IMAGE(http://i.imgur.com/SyRNZ.gif)
And now I start a timer.

Now that's just asking for it, Scratched!

My damage:

Gifted:
Limbo
Just Cause 2
Bad Ratsx2

Received:
FTL - thanks WanderingTaoist!

Bought fer meself:
Rocksmith ($15 + $10 DLC - I'm so weak!)
Dark Souls ($15)
Borderlands 2 Season Pass ($10.50)
Torchlight 2 ($7.50)
Civ V - G& K ($3.15)

Total: ~$70. (Ouch; that's about $40 more than I really should have spent. I mostly blame Rocksmith.) Happily, the only really questionable thing I picked up was the Civ V expansion, but at least it was cheap. I've already almost gotten my money's worth out of everything I bought, and I should be set at least until the summer sale.

Gifted to GWJers and a friend from another site: $135.46 (just on Steam, probably another $20-30 on GMG, GamersGate, and Amazon)

Bulletstorm
Tomb Raider: Legend
Crysis 2 Maximum Edition
Sins Trinity
Portal 2
Mark of the Ninja
4x Bioshock 2
Just Cause 2
Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine Pack
2x Batman Arkham City GOTY
The Longest Journey
Duels of the Planeswalkers 2013 Special Edition
2x Hotline Miami
2x Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package
Darksiders Franchise Pack
Metro 2033
Spec Ops: The Line
The Walking Dead (goofed and added the key to my account, thinking I could gift it. Steam support was cool and deactivated it, though)

Got these last two as part of the Bethesda NY Bundle on GamersGate and gifted them:

Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition
Fallout 3: GOTY (to Jonman as soon as I get a key from GG)

Bought for myself: $28.71

GamersGate Bethesda NY Bundle (only have Skyrim so far)

Gifted to me by GWJers:

2x Bad Rats: the Rats' Revenge
Thief: Deadly Shadows
Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition
Thief Collection
Thief Gold
Awesomenauts
Atom Zombie Smasher
Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine Pack
Galactic Civilizations Complete Pack
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction
Thirty Flights of Loving
Poker Night at the Inventory
Sniper Ghost Warrior Gold Edition
2x Home
Legend of Grimrock
Max Payne 3
Hotline Miami
Grand Theft Auto IV
Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition
Borderlands: Game of the Year
Botanicula
2x Psychonauts
Torchlight II

She must never know.

So what's this Bad Rats everyone is talking about?

Luggage wrote:
So what's this Bad Rats everyone is talking about?

I wouldn't know. I don't own it.

PRG013 wrote:
Luggage wrote:
So what's this Bad Rats everyone is talking about?

I wouldn't know. I don't own it.

Talk about painting a target on yourself.

Tanglebones wrote:
soonerjudd wrote:
omnipherous wrote:
Tanglebones wrote:
Was just coming here to post that, Bonus

Per their website, if you didn't get any keys, they're refunding you; if you got even one (yay Skyrim!), you get the whole pack, eventually.

I got the same email. Luckily I'd already claimed all the TES titles, plus new Vegas. Just a waiting game on the others. I have two friends that both claimed no keys, and have been given a refund - they were less than chuffed, even though it was a pricing error.

It looks like some of the games have been removed from the bundle, though. It's no longer listing Brink, Hunted, or Rogue Warrior, either on the store page or in my games list.

All still listed on mine, FWIW..

Interesting.... Did you get keys for any of these before they ran out?

soonerjudd wrote:
Tanglebones wrote:
soonerjudd wrote:
omnipherous wrote:
Tanglebones wrote:
Was just coming here to post that, Bonus

Per their website, if you didn't get any keys, they're refunding you; if you got even one (yay Skyrim!), you get the whole pack, eventually.

I got the same email. Luckily I'd already claimed all the TES titles, plus new Vegas. Just a waiting game on the others. I have two friends that both claimed no keys, and have been given a refund - they were less than chuffed, even though it was a pricing error.

It looks like some of the games have been removed from the bundle, though. It's no longer listing Brink, Hunted, or Rogue Warrior, either on the store page or in my games list.

All still listed on mine, FWIW..

Interesting.... Did you get keys for any of these before they ran out?

Nope, only key I got was Skyrim.

soonerjudd wrote:
Tanglebones wrote:
soonerjudd wrote:
omnipherous wrote:
Tanglebones wrote:
Was just coming here to post that, Bonus

Per their website, if you didn't get any keys, they're refunding you; if you got even one (yay Skyrim!), you get the whole pack, eventually.

I got the same email. Luckily I'd already claimed all the TES titles, plus new Vegas. Just a waiting game on the others. I have two friends that both claimed no keys, and have been given a refund - they were less than chuffed, even though it was a pricing error.

It looks like some of the games have been removed from the bundle, though. It's no longer listing Brink, Hunted, or Rogue Warrior, either on the store page or in my games list.

All still listed on mine, FWIW..

Interesting.... Did you get keys for any of these before they ran out?


Yeah, I got keys for everything except Fallout 3.

All the games are still listed on mine. Got about half the keys. Did you get the email saying they were going to honour the deal?

Tanglebones wrote:
soonerjudd wrote:
omnipherous wrote:
Tanglebones wrote:
Was just coming here to post that, Bonus

Per their website, if you didn't get any keys, they're refunding you; if you got even one (yay Skyrim!), you get the whole pack, eventually.

I got the same email. Luckily I'd already claimed all the TES titles, plus new Vegas. Just a waiting game on the others. I have two friends that both claimed no keys, and have been given a refund - they were less than chuffed, even though it was a pricing error.

It looks like some of the games have been removed from the bundle, though. It's no longer listing Brink, Hunted, or Rogue Warrior, either on the store page or in my games list.

All still listed on mine, FWIW..

Same here.

Luggage wrote:
So what's this Bad Rats everyone is talking about?

Makes Sparkle Ponies look like game of the century.

Cobble wrote:
Luggage wrote:
So what's this Bad Rats everyone is talking about?

Makes Sparkle Ponies look like game of the century.

Then it's not just a clever name.

I started the Thankgiving / Holiday sales with $0.86 in my Steam Wallet. This is how I came out the other side:

Received:

Sine Mora - Monkeyboy. Thanksfor a gift 6 hrs before my birthday in my time, but already my birthday your time! I've even played it through to the end once already and got Aus_Tbird to pick it up!
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time - Manach
Torchlight II - Psych
The Walking Dead - TheCounselor
Secret of the Magic Crystals - Eleima (to be honest it's in my inventory and I still haven't even added it to my library)
Jet Set Radio - Mateo - Works great on Intel HD 3000 integrated graphics.
Doom 3 Complete - Cymbrogi

Tomber Raider: Underworld - Thanks, MaverickZ. I passed it on to someone with it on their wishlist after talking it over with you.

Gifted:
Crusader Kings II: Songs of Byzantium - Manach?

And thanks to gift cards (mostly of the Steam variety) I bought some games for myself:
$35.49 Borderlands 2 + Season Pass (20+ hrs now)
$3.74 Doom Pack (1+2)
$19.99 Dark Souls (22.1 hrs in 5 days!)

Why can't I find who I sent gifts to? I could have sworn there was somewhere to tell me this info. The best I could do was take forever to scroll and load each day of insanity back to December 20th when I purchased the game and do a find for the gift. It seems Manach was the lucky recipient of my one gift.

As a reference point to how much is displayed each day that is loaded, December 21st takes 31 presses of 'pageup' to scroll through. Thankfully I just hit end to load each older day and didn't manually scroll through it all.

One day I'll be the one gifting out games more than receiving.

I never did find any takers on a gift for my final $0.37 prior to getting gift cards from the family. In retrospect, I got lazy and let it go without just sending someone something.

omnipherous wrote:
All the games are still listed on mine. Got about half the keys. Did you get the email saying they were going to honour the deal?

Got the email, but previously none of the games were showing up, so maybe I'm a special case? If they're still not there by the time keys are provided, I'll open up a ticket with support.

mrtomaytohead wrote:
Why can't I find who I sent gifts to? I could have sworn there was somewhere to tell me this info.

I used my email receipts from Steam to tell me that information. (It requires that you filled in the person's name in the gift message properly, however, since that's what shows up on your receipt.)

Katy wrote:
mrtomaytohead wrote:
Why can't I find who I sent gifts to? I could have sworn there was somewhere to tell me this info.

I used my email receipts from Steam to tell me that information. (It requires that you filled in the person's name in the gift message properly, however, since that's what shows up on your receipt.)

Actually, yeah I found it. It's printed in the standard size text at the end of the first paragraph if you send it via Steam. Like this:

Dear mrtomaytohead,

Thank you for your recent gift purchase on Steam. Your gift has been sent to Manach.

You know, I'm afraid to add up my totals. I spent way more than I expected to.