Steam Winter Sale 2012 - Seriously Guys, It Was Over Two Months Ago! Move Along!

Scratched wrote:

Has anyone taken a look at the steam forums over the course of the sale? It's really depressing to look at some threads. I usually stay away from any claims of gamers being 'entitled', but they really make it hard to not want to slap everyone.

I think the last and pretty much only time I looked at the Steam forums was to check up something about the Witcher on Macs. Of course, rather than tech support for the game it was a huge PC vs Mac brawl. Nice ;).

Scratched wrote:

Has anyone taken a look at the steam forums over the course of the sale? It's really depressing to look at some threads. I usually stay away from any claims of gamers being 'entitled', but they really make it hard to not want to slap everyone.

This is why Valve/Steam has an iron-clad, non-nonsense, give-no-quarter customer service policy. Give those whiners an inch and they'll demand the whole planet. See also: Greater Internet F***wad Theory.

Also: They're the reason we gamers can't have nice things.

whispa wrote:

Men of War Assault Squad is up for sale. Highly recommended for a fun, tactical WW2 game.

I have heard it is brutally hard, is that true?

Thank you to krev for Limbo! Had been debating with myself whether or not to buy it.

Fredrik_S wrote:

Couldn't resist Anno 2070 on sale. That brings me up to an even 100 dollars spent on this sale. :(

Yeah, not sure how much longer I can resist it. Although I have yet to finish 1404.

IMAGE(http://i.imgur.com/j0cW9.png)

Oh my...I'm kind of stunned right now. I never would have expected that. Thank you so much sir, you are absolutely amazing and stunningly beautiful! You've made my week.

Parallax Abstraction wrote:

IMAGE(http://i.imgur.com/j0cW9.png)

Oh my...I'm kind of stunned right now. I never would have expected that. Thank you so much sir, you are absolutely amazing and stunningly beautiful! You've made my week. :)

NO! STEP BACK! You are not allowed to play it until you stream Amnesia

Although I haven't played Civ V very much, I couldn't resist Gods & Kings for $3.15 either.

I've put a few hours into FTL, and it's as good as everyone has said. I just put a few minutes into Hotline Miami, and it's insane. Unlike anything I've played, and it's great.

Many thanks to Dyni for his gift that will keep giving and giving, until I shut it down, Portal 2 will get it's day in the sun.

Mr GT Chris wrote:

I tried GMG for Gods and Kings but just got a 404 error for some reason. Oh well.

No gods, no kings, only man.

cartoonin99 wrote:

Many thanks to Dyni for his gift that will keep giving and giving, until I shut it down, Portal 2 will get it's day in the sun. :)

Yay! Portal 2! If you ever find yourself in the chamber builder, be sure to visit our other threads where we had themed challenges and such. Really great stuff there. Also, if you want to build and have someone playtest your maps, I'll be glad to!

Baron Of Hell wrote:
Mr GT Chris wrote:

I tried GMG for Gods and Kings but just got a 404 error for some reason. Oh well.

No gods, no kings, only man.

Actually, I got further using Tunnel Bear as recommended earlier and pretended to be in the UK. However, I made the mistake of trying to use my CC directly and got the common error of the payment being rejected by my CC provider. Then, I switched to trying to use PayPal (which involved 10 minutes trying to recover my account, the reason I avoided using PP in the first place). Unfortunately, even though GMG lets me checkout, at the final stage it just spits back the original error of my payment being rejected. It's as if I need to resolve that first with my financial institution before GMG will let me actually buy anything.

Yup, just a man.

kexx wrote:
cartoonin99 wrote:

Many thanks to Dyni for his gift that will keep giving and giving, until I shut it down, Portal 2 will get it's day in the sun. :)

Yay! Portal 2! If you ever find yourself in the chamber builder, be sure to visit our other threads where we had themed challenges and such. Really great stuff there. Also, if you want to build and have someone playtest your maps, I'll be glad to! :)

One of these days that thread may even resume!

lol.

Thanks to demonbox for Atom Zombie Smasher!

Scratched wrote:

Has anyone taken a look at the steam forums over the course of the sale? It's really depressing to look at some threads. I usually stay away from any claims of gamers being 'entitled', but they really make it hard to not want to slap everyone.

Oh no, I avoid those like the plague, because they make my blood pressure skyrocket.

Archangel wrote:

This is why Valve/Steam has an iron-clad, non-nonsense, give-no-quarter customer service policy. Give those whiners an inch and they'll demand the whole planet. See also: Greater Internet F***wad Theory.
Also: They're the reason we gamers can't have nice things.

Quoted - For - Truth.

And thanks again, Superjars, I feel undeserving of such generosity. This thread just makes me warm and fuzzy.

Oooh, PvZ is on sale!! Anyone who doesn't own it should get it! It's that good, I just bought it again on iOS, and am playing through it again.

Scratched wrote:

Has anyone taken a look at the steam forums over the course of the sale?

There are other gaming forums? but... ::Ravenholm shudder::

Thank you very much, Peedmyself, for the gift of Dangerous High School Girls in Trouble!!! I've been meaning to check that one out!!

Eleima wrote:
Scratched wrote:

Has anyone taken a look at the steam forums over the course of the sale? It's really depressing to look at some threads. I usually stay away from any claims of gamers being 'entitled', but they really make it hard to not want to slap everyone.

Oh no, I avoid those like the plague, because they make my blood pressure skyrocket.

Archangel wrote:

This is why Valve/Steam has an iron-clad, non-nonsense, give-no-quarter customer service policy. Give those whiners an inch and they'll demand the whole planet. See also: Greater Internet F***wad Theory.
Also: They're the reason we gamers can't have nice things.

Quoted - For - Truth.

And thanks again, Superjars, I feel undeserving of such generosity. This thread just makes me warm and fuzzy.

Oooh, PvZ is on sale!! Anyone who doesn't own it should get it! It's that good, I just bought it again on iOS, and am playing through it again.

And now I have the warm and fuzzy feeling. I've had The Witcher 2 on my list for a while, but hadn't bit on it yet, but thanks to Eleima, I'll have the opportunity to try it out. Thank you so much!

You all are great. This is the first Steam sale where I've worked on keeping up with this thread, and I'm overwhelmed. The generosity is amazing.

Aristophan wrote:

You all are great. This is the first Steam sale where I've worked on keeping up with this thread, and I'm overwhelmed. The generosity is amazing.

Well, I've kept up with other sale threads, but +1 to the rest.

Kamakazi010654 wrote:
whispa wrote:

Men of War Assault Squad is up for sale. Highly recommended for a fun, tactical WW2 game.

I have heard it is brutally hard, is that true?

It is challenging and allows the ability to save when you wish to instead of stages. It also comes with different difficulties, easy, medium and hard..There may be another difficulty higher than hard but not sure. It has a lot of depth to it though and with the DLC, plenty skirmish missions. The MP community is also pretty active if that's your thing.

Just got finished driving 14 hours back down to Florida, and there's no way I can read through 185 posts. I'll just say merry gifting and pass out now.

I did have 4 friend requests waiting for me when I opened Steam just now.

The wife's in the shower. I'm going to bed. good night to all.

DeThroned wrote:
Parallax Abstraction wrote:

Oh my...I'm kind of stunned right now. I never would have expected that. Thank you so much sir, you are absolutely amazing and stunningly beautiful! You've made my week. :)

NO! STEP BACK! You are not allowed to play it until you stream Amnesia :)

Wait, whoa, whoa... he's going to live stream himself playing Amnesia? When is this going to happen? I must watch this.

http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?...

I will point you to the $2k goal which had been reached

Endless Space and Sins:Rebellion back on sale in the flash deals.

Are these NFS games any good?

soonerjudd wrote:

Are these NFS games any good?

Hot pursuit is a blast. One if the more fun racing games I've played since the burnout games.

I remember shift was more decisive. It was an attempt at a more sim type racer. I haven't played it.

omnipherous wrote:

Wow, a single game of Civ takes me a lot longer than 6 hours! I do think that G&K has refined what was already a good game. I'm not yet convinced that it trumps Civ4, yet at the same time I can't go back to stacks o' doom.

I think I'm safe for today. Zero spent, which is almost a first during this sale :-S I'm not even going to partake in the usual summary at the end of the sale, I really don't want to know what the total is..

Well, I had my first game blown away by a patch after about 5 hours. Then I got an hour or two into my second game and I got distracted by a bunch of other games.

IUMogg wrote:
soonerjudd wrote:

Are these NFS games any good?

Hot pursuit is a blast. One if the more fun racing games I've played since the burnout games.

I remember shift was more decisive. It was an attempt at a more sim type racer. I haven't played it.

Thanks, just what I wanted to hear. I loved the old Burnout games, so I might pick up Hot Pursuit and avoid Shift.