Steam Winter Sale 2012 - Seriously Guys, It Was Over Two Months Ago! Move Along!

Poppinfresh is both a gentleman and a scholar for gifting me resonance.

Now that I'm back from the cottage, I'm looking forward to doing some gifting of my own!

In other news, I picked up XCOM. Best decision of this year! Such a great game.

Also, War for Cybertron was on sale?! How did I miss that?! Durnit!

mrtomaytohead wrote:

Many thanks to Mateo for Jet Set Radio. Hoping I can get it running well on a laptop with intel HD 3000 graphics so I can play it in the living room. Since it's so old, I figure it'll work just fine, but ya never know.

If you struggle, you can also drop 400 space bucks on the 360 version. On sale until the 31st December.

Scratched wrote:
JillSammich wrote:

$5 for Oblivion is a steal. If you don't have that yet, grab it. It's not a terrible game.

Heck, I'd pay $5 for Nehrim (Oblivion total conversion). Their follow up, Enderal, is one of the reasons I grabbed Skyrim.

Ooh, looks like I may have a reason to dust off Oblivion and Skyrim and play through each again...

Also, glad to finally get in on the Steam Sale Giving Spirit. Carpe Fulgur does a good job bringing games over to us Westerners, so I was glad to pass it along!

I bought Scribblenauts Unlimited on Christmas Eve (on Amazon, but still). I dealt with a bully by adding the adjective 'sweet' to him. After that, the kid who was being bullied walked up to him and ate him.

I recommend this game.

A big thanks to Ahrezmendi for the gift of Prototype - it looks good, and I hear the stealth base elimination missions are a lot of fun

conejote wrote:

I've been eyeballing the low-level LOTRO starter pack (Steely Dawn), but it says you have to have the base game on Steam. Will it not work if I don't have it installed in the steamapps folder? I downloaded it directly from Turbine, because I wasn't finding the high resolution client on Steam. Any ideas?

I bought my wife a LOTRO pack last sale, and she had to dl the base game from Steam to get it working. I don't know if there's a way around that or not. She's not technically proficient enough to care about doing it any other way, and I didn't know about there being client quality differences.

Cragmyre wrote:

A big thanks to Ahrezmendi for the gift of Prototype - it looks good, and I hear the stealth base elimination missions are a lot of fun :)

The whole mechanic of becoming various people in the world is one I haven't seen in any other sandbox game, and it's a lot of fun.

Mantid wrote:
jonfentyler wrote:
soonerjudd wrote:
master0 wrote:

Hah the farming sim won the vote, I'm actually tempted in getting it. Which is sad.

Also Reccetear is on sale, if you don't have that already what the hell is wrong with you. Go get it and play now.

But the voting's not over for another 8+ hours?

Wishful thinking.

Or maybe it's time travel. :shock:

You'll know in one hour

*tardis sounds*

Thank you to the lovely SallyNasty for Galactic Civilizations Complete Pack.

Eleima wrote:
m0nk3yboy wrote:

Ha ha ha ha ha...
IMAGE(http://members.iinet.net.au/~monkey.boy/GWJ/PlayedAndNot.png)

Dude, you win. Hands down, no question about it. ^_^

About Alpha Protocol, it was by no means a perfect game, but I had lots of fun with it. It didn't overstay its welcome, there are a few choices, you can choose to handle it in different ways (going in guns blazing, or play sneaky style). Definitely worth that price.

Also, I can't seem to stop playing Secret of the Magic Crystals. What the heck is wrong with me? I need an intervention!!!

Pffft..

IMAGE(http://cl.ly/image/041g3B220i47/Screenshot_123012_102831_AM.jpg)

Must be our time zone avggeek

And thanks to camnipotent for the Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine Pack!

Resonance? Anyone? Thoughts?

I know everyone (at least on my friends list) owns these, but I have codes for:

1. The original Torchlight

and

2. GONE!

First person or people to PM me can enjoy these great games for free! Even Coffee Grinders are welcome to message me.
Please make sure to include your Steam profile link in the PM to assure prompt and correct delivery.

Just throwing this out there .. I want to pay an unexpected gift forward to someone before the sale ends! I tried to invite a couple of people from this thread but got no response. So if you are still waiting for someone to throw you a gift, or you just like herrings, friend me up

http://steamcommunity.com/id/redherr...

Edit: now I have two gifts to pay forward, thanks mortalgroove for Prince of Persia!

Redherring wrote:

Just throwing this out there .. I want to pay an unexpected gift forward to someone before the sale ends! I tried to invite a couple of people from this thread but got no response. So if you are still waiting for someone to throw you a gift, or you just like herrings, friend me up

http://steamcommunity.com/id/redherr...

Edit: now I have two gifts to pay forward, thanks mortalgroove for Prince of Persia!

I would friend you (not for gifts, just cuz), but I can't find you on the steam app and I can't sign into the website (I'm NOT changing my password again :P) I would be happy to accept a friend request, however.

Redherring wrote:

Just throwing this out there .. I want to pay an unexpected gift forward to someone before the sale ends! I tried to invite a couple of people from this thread but got no response. So if you are still waiting for someone to throw you a gift, or you just like herrings, friend me up

http://steamcommunity.com/id/redherr...

Edit: now I have two gifts to pay forward, thanks mortalgroove for Prince of Persia!

I've been remiss, I'll send you your invite to the GWJ ANZAC's group.

Redherring wrote:

Just throwing this out there .. I want to pay an unexpected gift forward to someone before the sale ends! I tried to invite a couple of people from this thread but got no response. So if you are still waiting for someone to throw you a gift, or you just like herrings, friend me up

http://steamcommunity.com/id/redherr...

Edit: now I have two gifts to pay forward, thanks mortalgroove for Prince of Persia!

Request sent. Not looking for gifts though. The goodjers have been amazingly generous to me this season. Always looking for more GWJ buddies though.

To those people still in the running for the Borderlands 2 and Civ 5 game, I apologize, I've been getting crushed at work, and haven't had time to read the thread. I'll try to get to it tomorrow night, but no promises. Sorry!

D-Man777 wrote:
Redherring wrote:

Just throwing this out there .. I want to pay an unexpected gift forward to someone before the sale ends! I tried to invite a couple of people from this thread but got no response. So if you are still waiting for someone to throw you a gift, or you just like herrings, friend me up

http://steamcommunity.com/id/redherr...

Edit: now I have two gifts to pay forward, thanks mortalgroove for Prince of Persia!

Request sent. Not looking for gifts though. The goodjers have been amazingly generous to me this season. Always looking for more GWJ buddies though. :)

Ditto.

I have another Steam code to give away:

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl

The first non-coffee grinder to PM me gets it!

Claimed!

Rallick wrote:
D-Man777 wrote:
Redherring wrote:

Just throwing this out there .. I want to pay an unexpected gift forward to someone before the sale ends! I tried to invite a couple of people from this thread but got no response. So if you are still waiting for someone to throw you a gift, or you just like herrings, friend me up

http://steamcommunity.com/id/redherr...

Edit: now I have two gifts to pay forward, thanks mortalgroove for Prince of Persia!

Request sent. Not looking for gifts though. The goodjers have been amazingly generous to me this season. Always looking for more GWJ buddies though. :)

Ditto.

Thirded!

m0nk3yboy wrote:
mrtomaytohead wrote:

Many thanks to Mateo for Jet Set Radio. Hoping I can get it running well on a laptop with intel HD 3000 graphics so I can play it in the living room. Since it's so old, I figure it'll work just fine, but ya never know.

If you struggle, you can also drop 400 space bucks on the 360 version. On sale until the 31st December.

I could, but then I really couldn't play it unless I dropped another $250. No intention of adding the MS console with only 2 exclusives I have any interest in.

Anyways, the game ran flawlessly on the screen at the native 1366 x 768. Just gotta get it out to the TV room now.

Thanks to acetate3 for the Stalker code. Just read Roadside Picnic (go read it now!) which was the basis for the Stalker games and want to play the games now!

stupidhaiku wrote:

Many thanks to Mogg for gifting me Botanicula! I take back most of what I said about you!

Ooooh, you're definitely in for a treat!! Jarpy gifted it to me a few days ago, and I could not be more grateful. I was genuinely unprepared for how hard and how fast I would fall in love with this game. It's just absolutely beautiful.

JillSammich wrote:

$5 for Oblivion is a steal. If you don't have that yet, grab it. It's not a terrible game.

Not a terrible game?? Mod the beejesus out of it, and you have an awesome game!! I must've spent over 600 hours on it..

Redherring wrote:

Just throwing this out there .. I want to pay an unexpected gift forward to someone before the sale ends! I tried to invite a couple of people from this thread but got no response. So if you are still waiting for someone to throw you a gift, or you just like herrings, friend me up :)

I really just like herrings, especially red ones. Especially herrings which remind me of a Monkey Island game, for some reason.
(And not looking for gifts either, I've been pretty spoiled so far)

avggeek wrote:
m0nk3yboy wrote:

Ha ha ha ha ha...
IMAGE(http://members.iinet.net.au/~monkey.boy/GWJ/PlayedAndNot.png)

Pffft..
IMAGE(http://cl.ly/image/041g3B220i47/Screenshot_123012_102831_AM.jpg)

Holy cow!!! Suddenly, I don't feel so bad about my backlog anymore....

JillSammich wrote:

I would friend you (not for gifts, just cuz), but I can't find you on the steam app and I can't sign into the website (I'm NOT changing my password again :P) I would be happy to accept a friend request, however.

Hehe, I have the same problem. Mine's so convoluted, I can't seem to remember it, but it's memorized by Steam, and by the Steam app, so there's no way I'm reseting it again.

Sooooo, I wake up and see that Farming Simulator has lost the vote? How disappointing!! Also, I got a notification someone put the Sparkle Ponies on his wish list.... Poor sap, he's done for!

Um, has anyone seen the Steam Store? It seems to have disappeared... Like, completely disappeared...

Still there for me...

No issues here, I just bought two games without a hitch.

acetate3 wrote:
Rallick wrote:
D-Man777 wrote:
Redherring wrote:

Just throwing this out there .. I want to pay an unexpected gift forward to someone before the sale ends! I tried to invite a couple of people from this thread but got no response. So if you are still waiting for someone to throw you a gift, or you just like herrings, friend me up

http://steamcommunity.com/id/redherr...

Edit: now I have two gifts to pay forward, thanks mortalgroove for Prince of Persia!

Request sent. Not looking for gifts though. The goodjers have been amazingly generous to me this season. Always looking for more GWJ buddies though. :)

Ditto.

Thirded!

Add a fourth... For all those reasons too.