PS+ Plus General PSN Game Talk

Huh, I'm still getting the free credit protection emails even after my expiration...

Hmm, I can't connect to the Sound Shapes servers anymore. It started yesterday and continues today. Can't upload, can't access the cloud.

Anyway, the Superbrothers levels reminder me playing Bruce Lee on the C64. So much so I can't help but think they drew inspiration from there.

garion333 wrote:

Hmm, I can't connect to the Sound Shapes servers anymore. It started yesterday and continues today. Can't upload, can't access the cloud.

Anyway, the Superbrothers levels reminder me playing Bruce Lee on the C64. So much so I can't help but think they drew inspiration from there.

It's a known issue and there's a fix on the way. For now, you can sign out of PSN on your PS3, start Sound Shapes, and select Cloud Sync. It'll then prompt you to sign in to PSN and sync with the cloud. I'm not sure why that works.

I just uploaded my first level, "Blue Asteroid!" I hope you guys play it!

I am in the 3rd album on Death Mode and man is it getting hard!!

The free PS+ games for tomorrow are Outland and Bloodrayne: Betrayal. I guess they are both side scrollers. That should be interesting. Papa y Yo is available tomorrow, too!

Outland is pretty fun, I recommend it. Kind of like Metroidvania meets Ikaruga.

Outland was one of my favorite games of last year. Highly recommended.

carrotpanic wrote:

Outland was one of my favorite games of last year. Highly recommended.

o_O Awesome! It has never been on my radar.

Yep, Outland is excellent. Don't dismiss Bloodrayne either; I have it on 360, and it's a lot of fun.

I wish those 2 games were Vita compatible.

If these games were playable on my Vita, I would be signing up for PS+ right now. Sadly, since they are not...

EDIT: Tannhauser'd, so +1 instead.

I'm starting to feel like we're becoming the Glorious Vita Gaming Master Race and everyone else is a Dirty Other Gamer Peasant.

ahrezmendi wrote:

If these games were playable on my Vita, I would be signing up for PS+ right now. Sadly, since they are not...

EDIT: Tannhauser'd, so +1 instead.

I'm pretty sure if all PSN titles were Vita compatible, that would push me over the edge into purchase territory. I still need that, or more Vita exclusives, or something new and shiny to convince me, as the portability isn't a necessity.

tuffalobuffalo wrote:

The free PS+ games for tomorrow are Outland and Bloodrayne: Betrayal. I guess they are both side scrollers. That should be interesting. Papa y Yo is available tomorrow, too!

Argh, that's why I wasn't able to find them yesterday. They are free only today...

They announced an upcoming PSN title called Rain at Gamescom. You play as an invisible kid that can only be seen in the rain. It looks awesome.

Red Dead Redemption will be game of the month for September

Tanglebones wrote:

Red Dead Redemption will be game of the month for September

Only for the EU.

source

Ariskany Evan wrote:
Tanglebones wrote:

Red Dead Redemption will be game of the month for September

Only for the EU.

source

D'oh

Tanglebones wrote:
Ariskany Evan wrote:
Tanglebones wrote:

Red Dead Redemption will be game of the month for September

Only for the EU.

source

D'oh

Yeah, if this were US too, it probably would've sold me on PS+. I'm waiting to see what exactly comes when PS+ rolls onto Vita though, that could easily push me over the edge too.

ahrezmendi wrote:
Tanglebones wrote:
Ariskany Evan wrote:
Tanglebones wrote:

Red Dead Redemption will be game of the month for September

Only for the EU.

source

D'oh

Yeah, if this were US too, it probably would've sold me on PS+. I'm waiting to see what exactly comes when PS+ rolls onto Vita though, that could easily push me over the edge too.

At $4 a month it takes very little content to be worth the cost. I signed up because of the big E3 deal with Infamous 2, Space Marine, etc but since then Outland, Pac-Man Championship Edition, and The Walking Dead have easily justified the cost for those months. That's not counting the discounts either.

I just started playing Papa y Yo. I don't have any opinions yet, and I'll spoiler any when I do. I want to finish the whole game first. I do have to share this one image, though.

Picking up the frogs is the cutest thing I've ever seen:

IMAGE(http://i.imgur.com/sdKo2l.jpg)

I don't think I'm gonna be able to finish Papa y Yo tonight, so I can't say much yet other than that what I've played has been very special. Remember that intro of Guillermo Del Toro's in front of Pan's Labyrinth? This is like that times 5.

tuffalobuffalo wrote:

I don't think I'm gonna be able to finish Papa y Yo tonight, so I can't say much yet other than that what I've played has been very special. Remember that intro of Guillermo Del Toro's in front of Pan's Labyrinth? This is like that times 5.

I started it and couldn't stop. I had to save the boy....okay, personal confession time: I grew up in an very abusive home. To this day my son hasn't met my father and never will if I can help it. This game was something else...very cathartic. I've taken the time to look up some reviews online and I agree with the general sentiment that this game is about the story and experience. The graphics aren't going to blow you away, the game play is linear, and the puzzles aren't super challenging. But take it from me that the game is full of amazing symbolism from start to finish. I'll be honest and say that this is the first time in a very long time that I've felt certain feelings of anger and helplessness as I played. It reminded me of a lot of pretty awful stuff. That's not the most comfortable thing in the world for me to feel or talk about, but it says volumes about the craftsmanship of the game. It's also interesting that this is the first time I've even talked about my childhood since escaping some 20 years ago. A combination of the distance from it all and my comfort talking about that sort of thing here.

I'll never play it again, but I will have my son play it one day. I'll never get the wife to play it, but I will try.

Sh*t, man. Thanks for sharing. I can't imagine what that must have been like. I was a lucky kid. I woke up and couldn't sleep at about 2 a.m. for reasons not really related to the game and decided to just get up and finish the game. Holy crap, this game was incredible. I'm feeling pretty misty eyed and emotional after that ending.

Puzzles aren't mind blowing by any means like you said. They definitely have a very Legend of Zelda feel. They're not going to stump you, and you just enjoy having something fairly interesting to do in the beautiful setting while experiencing the story.

This one is up there with Journey in my book as an essential, must play PS3 game. You can tell that guy put his soul into this game.

tuffalobuffalo wrote:

Sh*t, man. Thanks for sharing. I can't imagine what that must have been like. I was a lucky kid. I woke up and couldn't sleep at about 2 a.m. for reasons not really related to the game and decided to just get up and finish the game. Holy crap, this game was incredible. I'm feeling pretty misty eyed and emotional after that ending.

Puzzles aren't mind blowing by any means like you said. They definitely have a very Legend of Zelda feel. They're not going to stump you, and you just enjoy having something fairly interesting to do in the beautiful setting while experiencing the story.

This one is up there with Journey in my book as an essential, must play PS3 game. You can tell that guy put his soul into this game.

I'm ashamed to admit that I still need to pick Journey up. I was hoping to catch it on at least a Plus sale, but that might not last.

The gameplay vids of PyY turned me off and the reviews reinforced that. As an emotional experience we'll see if I give this a go. Not sure yet, but thanks for sharing mateo.

Go buy Journey. Now.

There's a Journey, flow, flower collection coming in 2 weeks. It also comes with soundtracks and a free month of PS+.

So if you're missing Journey and the others, then it's a fairly good deal. I too was waiting on a Journey digital sale, but this is also an interesting option.

Stop waiting on Journey, you dummies.

Stele wrote:

There's a Journey, flow, flower collection coming in 2 weeks. It also comes with soundtracks and a free month of PS+.

So if you're missing Journey and the others, then it's a fairly good deal. I too was waiting on a Journey digital sale, but this is also an interesting option.

Even though I own them all already, gonna buy again for hard copy and soundtracks I think :D. This way I can loan it to friends on the fence too.

Stele wrote:

There's a Journey, flow, flower collection coming in 2 weeks. It also comes with soundtracks and a free month of PS+.

So if you're missing Journey and the others, then it's a fairly good deal. I too was waiting on a Journey digital sale, but this is also an interesting option.

Flow is...interesting but not all that fun. Flower is wonderful though.