PS+ Plus General PSN Game Talk

Thanks, guys!

If anyone wants to play some Street Fighter, friend me up! It was nice to get the updated version of SF4 for free since I never bothered to upgrade, and I'd love to play online again since I cancelled XBL quite a while ago.

I have to say, with as nice as Plus is right now, it sure makes Live look like a bad deal. I'm sure the quality will slide over time, but I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts!

I'll have to pick up Closure for sure. As much as I love Clash of Heroes (and Super Time Force looks awesome)- Critter Crunch just didn't click with me.

Critter Crunch is only $1.40 for PS+ members. While it may not be free, it is certainly a deal. I didn't put a ton of time into it, but it certainly held my interest for a few hours.

Hemidal wrote:

I think the store has changed somewhat. I no longer have to "purchase" for $0 the last couple of Plus freebies. I only have the download option.

I just bought a 500 GB laptop drive and swapped it out on the PS3. I just download it all. :)

Fortunately if you click "download" and then "cancel" it will still count as "purchased".

I kind of liked the old system better, because you could "buy" a batch of games at once and you didn't have to download them immediately. The new way is functionally the same I suppose but it seems slower.

Closure is pretty good, played it a little on the PC, will probably play some more on the PS3 now that it's free.

If anyone wants to friend me, my Playstation friends list is looking a little lonely right now. My username is or4ng3sl1c3, just mention you're from GWJ and I'll add you.

Speaking of needing to mention you're from GWJ, I've recieved invites from someone starting with CW and then some numbers and then someone else who only has Vita games and said "hello" in their message, but that was all. I lost the CW person, but added the other to my block list for now. Speak up if either of these are you. The CW may very well be my next door neighbors or one of their kids, but I've already got one name from him on my friendslist.

syndicatedragon wrote:
Hemidal wrote:

I think the store has changed somewhat. I no longer have to "purchase" for $0 the last couple of Plus freebies. I only have the download option.

I just bought a 500 GB laptop drive and swapped it out on the PS3. I just download it all. :)

Fortunately if you click "download" and then "cancel" it will still count as "purchased".

I kind of liked the old system better, because you could "buy" a batch of games at once and you didn't have to download them immediately. The new way is functionally the same I suppose but it seems slower.

Yeah, I noticed this. It's a little wonky.

mrtomaytohead wrote:

Speaking of needing to mention you're from GWJ, I've recieved invites from someone starting with CW and then some numbers and then someone else who only has Vita games and said "hello" in their message, but that was all. I lost the CW person, but added the other to my block list for now. Speak up if either of these are you. The CW may very well be my next door neighbors or one of their kids, but I've already got one name from him on my friendslist.

I've gotten a few unsolicited PSN friend invites recently as well. I have to assume that these are driven by my use of Wake-Up Club, and the fact that there's an achievement trophy for sending a friend request to someone in your morning club.

I've got to send some invites out sometime. Seems too much like work. Also, I'm a procrastinator.

demonbox wrote:

I've got to send some invites out sometime. Seems too much like work. Also, I'm a procrastinator.

What a weird PSN name, but whatever.

An ESRB leak says Persona 2: Eternal Punishment will be coming to PSN soon.

That's cool, all of Persona on PSN :).

Sadly, don't care much for closure at all. It just didn't hook me.

Cobble wrote:

Sadly, don't care much for closure at all. It just didn't hook me.

Is the whole game like the beginning parts? It makes me feel claustrophobic, not enjoyable.

Vanquish is this weeks big PS3 instant game collection game. I was hoping I would never be handed a copy of this game. Maybe I'll re-try the demo and realize I don't want to play again.

Also, for the handheld guys: Mega Man Maverick Hunter X for PSP / Vita is an instant collection title this week.

Free starter pack for Dust 514 to PS+ members this week, too.

mrtomaytohead wrote:

Vanquish is this weeks big PS3 instant game collection game. I was hoping I would never be handed a copy of this game. Maybe I'll re-try the demo and realize I don't want to play again.

Also, for the handheld guys: Mega Man Maverick Hunter X for PSP / Vita is an instant collection title this week.

Free starter pack for Dust 514 to PS+ members this week, too.

Love me some mega man.

Vanquish is my favorite third person shooter of all time. Go get it.

Blind_Evil wrote:

Vanquish is my favorite third person shooter of all time. Go get it.

You say this, but the first time I tried the demo, it lost me about 45 seconds after giving me control in actual combat. Then again, I've played through the whole of Dark Souls since then.

Well, I'm not known for conventional tastes. I'm sure there are a few pages of me gushing about it in the catch-all and a post in the 2010 community GOTY list I can dig up, but I'm trying to build a stupid chair right now.

Sweet! I was hoping they would put up Vanquish eventually.

I have a copy of Vanquish on my shelf unplayed. Dammit.

Wasn't Mega Man X hard as balls?

Also, today is the last day for Payday: The Heist and Retro City Rampage.

Damn good week. Oh, and the event thing, too.

Vanquish is possibly the most fun that can be had with a third person shooter.

I know people joke about Darksiders and "Is it any good?" but thanks to PS+ I'm playing it finally, and its a really nice little game. Nothing groundbreaking, but when an hour goes by and you don't know it.. it's a good game.

I've been playing around in Dust 514 and it's actually pretty cool.

Aristophan wrote:

Wasn't Mega Man X hard as balls?

Also, today is the last day for Payday: The Heist and Retro City Rampage.

Nah, nowhere near as hard as the earlier MM games or MM9/10. I'm a bit miffed, 'cause I just bought Maverick Hunter X for PSP a few months ago... well, by "a few months" I actually mean close to a year, so I guess that's on me for not having finished it yet. It's a solid 3D upgrade of MMX, which is one of my favorites in the series, so definitely download it.

Farscry wrote:

I've been playing around in Dust 514 and it's actually pretty cool.

It's funny, I downloaded and tried Dust, and it immediately made me want to get back to my nullsec corp in EVE. So I went and helped them evac some wormhole space which had been compromised, and had a blast. I guess that's a win for CCP.

Also been waiting for Vanquish. Nice!

El-Producto wrote:

I know people joke about Darksiders and "Is it any good?" but thanks to PS+ I'm playing it finally, and its a really nice little game. Nothing groundbreaking, but when an hour goes by and you don't know it.. it's a good game.

Exactly the same sentiment from me. Finally playing it thanks to + and it's actually very enjoyable. Never would have gone out of my way to buy it but now that I'm playing it it's holding my attention.