PS+ Plus General PSN Game Talk

That sounds like a partner problem, not a PS3/PC problem.

trueheart78 wrote:

Darksiders looks to be a PS+ freebie.

Will refrain from asking if it's any good... for now.

I'll just say that War is a massive Bronie... summoning his horse wherever he wants. What does he think this is, the Apocalypse??

Blondish83 wrote:

I'll just say that War is a massive Bronie... summoning his horse wherever he wants. What does he think this is, the Apocalypse?? :evil:

It was a real embarrassment to all the other riders. They begged him to change, but it was to no avail. Because War... War never changes.

LobsterMobster wrote:
Blondish83 wrote:

I'll just say that War is a massive Bronie... summoning his horse wherever he wants. What does he think this is, the Apocalypse?? :evil:

It was a real embarrassment to all the other riders. They begged him to change, but it was to no avail. Because War... War never changes.

/slowclap

dissposablehero wrote:

Is Jet Set Radio any good?

I really, really want to say that it's great, because I loved it so much the first time around, but the controls just make it far too hard, by today's standards.

Don't forget that PS+ members have access to the God of War Ascension multiplayer beta now. I tried it the other night, and it's good fun. You can't do all the insane 100+ hit combos you can in the single player, but it does capture the brutality of God of War with the same visual-reaction skill in a competitive setting. Put simply, when I died I didn't think that I'd been cheaply killed, it was definitely the result of my making the wrong choice.

Give it a try, highly recommended.

ahrezmendi wrote:

Don't forget that PS+ members have access to the God of War Ascension multiplayer beta now. I tried it the other night, and it's good fun. You can't do all the insane 100+ hit combos you can in the single player, but it does capture the brutality of God of War with the same visual-reaction skill in a competitive setting. Put simply, when I died I didn't think that I'd been cheaply killed, it was definitely the result of my making the wrong choice.

Give it a try, highly recommended.

That's the beauty of letting PSN download promotional games/betas for you. I probably wouldn't've given GOW multiplayer a chance if I had to choose to download/install it myself. But it's been sitting in my XMB for a time now. I might as well play it!

It'd be nice if they gave us the option to extend that to all free games that appear on the service. (just got a new hard drive for my first-gen ps3, so it seems like I have unlimited space now...). Make it more magical to just turn on the PS3 on Wednesday night and see if any new games are immediately ready to play.

I read that's a planned feature for an upcoming PSN update. Or at least I think that's what it meant, all it said was "automatic downloads".

You guys, Corpse Party: Book of Shadows is now available for PSP/Vita. You should give it a look. I posted this in the Vita thread, too, I am not above shamelessly plugging such a weird and cool franchise.

New 500GB hard drive, White PS3 system coming later this month, with a year of PS+ included.

Pre-order on Amazon.

Stele wrote:

New 500GB hard drive, White PS3 system coming later this month, with a year of PS+ included.

Pre-order on Amazon.

From the PS blog, the year of PS+ stacks with existing subscriptions.

Finally put a new hard drive in my PS3. It was great to see how many free games there are for plus members. I wasn't too thrilled about the extremely slow download speed though.

I'm going to be buying a PS3 mostly because I'm an idiot but also because I want to play Ni No Kuni. It'll probably be the fancy white one that's coming out in ten days (the white reminds me of the PS1 which is the last Sony platform I really loved).

What's the situation with sharing saves between Vita and PS3? Specifically PS1 saves. I'm assuming I can play my PS1 games on PS3...

Blind_Evil wrote:

I'm going to be buying a PS3 because I'm an idiot but more because I want to play Ni No Kuni. It'll probably be the fancy white one that's coming out in ten days.

What's the situation with sharing saves between Vita and PS3? Specifically PS1 saves. I'm assuming I can play my PS1 games on PS3...

You can. I don't know if the Vita has made it any easier, but with the PSP I could hook up my PSP as a USB device to the PS3 and transfer saves.

With PS+, your Vita and PS3 all sync up in the magical cloud. It's very convenient. You can transfer or backup saves and data to the PS3 via a USB cable. You can backup saves and data to your PC via a USB cable or Wi-Fi.

Stele wrote:

That sounds like a partner problem, not a PS3/PC problem. ;)

Lol, very good.

Unfinished Swan for less than $4 is going to have to be a purchase for me.

Was the dlc store of gt5 restored yet? Wasn't available all weekend

Manach wrote:

Was the dlc store of gt5 restored yet? Wasn't available all weekend

PSN was down for updates most of the weekend. It should all be up now.

RoughneckGeek wrote:
Manach wrote:

Was the dlc store of gt5 restored yet? Wasn't available all weekend

PSN was down for updates most of the weekend. It should all be up now.

I had access to psn, but not gt5's dlcs.

Manach wrote:
RoughneckGeek wrote:
Manach wrote:

Was the dlc store of gt5 restored yet? Wasn't available all weekend

PSN was down for updates most of the weekend. It should all be up now.

I had access to psn, but not gt5's dlcs.

Ignore me then. The whole PSN store was down intentionally Friday and instead of coming back up Friday evening it was down until late Saturday morning. GT5 should have come back up when the rest of the PSN store did.

demonbox wrote:

Unfinished Swan for less than $4 is going to have to be a purchase for me.

I'd recommend it to non-subscribers as well. It's easily worth half the price.

There was actually a budget bundle of Unfinished Swan with Journey on PS plus the last time I checked. What a great bundle!

Has anyone checked out the 7 RPG game bundle for PSP that's on PS Plus sale at the moment. I'd be interested to hear if it would be worth getting hold of.

What's in the bundle? I didn't see anything on Sony's blog about it.

Mr GT Chris wrote:

What's in the bundle? I didn't see anything on Sony's blog about it.

Link, although I'm not sure if that is what PawnSacrifice was referring to.

Nice! I'll definitely be grabbing Unfinished Swan for $3.75. I wish Papa y Yo was there too.

I'm glad I waited on The Unfinished Swan! I almost pressed buy within the last month, but told myself to just wait until it was 50% off. I didn't expect it to be this cheap!!

I'm also gonna grab Machinarium.

Nei wrote:
Mr GT Chris wrote:

What's in the bundle? I didn't see anything on Sony's blog about it.

Link, although I'm not sure if that is what PawnSacrifice was referring to.

Yeah, I presume not. He mentioned a 7 RPG PSP bundle.

I just played through Unfinished Swan. What a great game!! I wish it was longer, but it was the best psn game since Journey. At this discount, everyone should get it!

Spoiler:

The story was pretty sad, though... ._.

Jamull99 wrote:

I just played through Unfinished Swan. What a great game!! I wish it was longer, but it was the best psn game since Journey. At this discount, everyone should get it!

Spoiler:

The story was pretty sad, though... ._.

I just finished the second chapter tonight. It's definitely dripping with charm throughout... but I hate to say that the sections of super high contrast white & black really hurt my eyes after even just a little while. I've had to limit myself to 1 chapter per night, which works out to have a decent side-effect of prolonging the game, so I won't complain too much.