GWJ Winter Craft Swap

clover wrote:
Oh, I have decided to do game-related stitching instead, since I have a ton of great patterns and it sounded like a better time than the other ones. Here's most of what I have, so if you would like something specific shout it out, otherwise I will just pick something fun for you.

Mario (various), Yoshi's Island, Pokemon, Katamari, Totoro, nyan cat, chocobos, Hamtaro, Portal, Ocarina of Time, Duck Hunt, Pusheen, PacMan, Okami

Totoro!! (and now I want to spend all day watching Miyazaki films...)

Squee!

Kiri, should I assume you'd like a tea towel/dishcloth set in the colours you mentioned?

Mimble, yes please

Kiri wrote:
Mimble, yes please

Can do (well, I'm 99% sure I can, anyway).

To the craft store!!

Status update: two hats and half a mitt completed. I have pictures, but I'm not going to post them until after you all get your gifts.

Clover -- Space Invaders hat it is. Portal-themed cross stitch for me, please!

Kiri -- I have the *perfect* hat for you.

Duckideva -- if you have any requests, please let us know. Otherwise, I shall be forced to improvise.

Status update: I have planned out my projects, but no progress yet. Shiny pendant thingies will be made, but maybe not until after my studio is moved to the new house since I just realized we just have 3 weeks to pack and move! aaah!

So my goal is to be done by new years, but it may be the week after.

Status update: I've got Kiri's tea towel set started now (you have a corner of a lovely dish cloth so far), momgamer's dice bag has a bottom (hee!), and Clover, you have 1/5 of a dice bag.

All the other things are made and chanting "Mail me! mail me!"

I was talking to my mom and moaning about my schedule, and well, the cavalry has arrived, folks. She thinks this is an awesome concept, and has decided it's just the kind of thing to give her something to think about instead of just sitting in her chair and randomly tangling string and so she insists on helping. I hope that's all right with everyone.

I "introduced" you all to her via forum-names, and we had a long talk about colors and such. She thinks it's great we're all here just being ourselves right in the middle of everything. I know she kind of worries about me being in such a man's world all the time, and I think this is the first hint that's gotten through to her that things aren't really like that here. And I know me needing her skills for something really helped her when everything else in her world is telling her what she can't do.

Aww, that's awesome that she's helping momgamer. Excuse me now because it's a little dusty here.

Yellek wrote:
Aww, that's awesome that she's helping momgamer. Excuse me now because it's a little dusty here.

+1 to that! I'm really glad that you needing help and your mum wanting to help and be needed is the best plan for everyone.

momgamer wrote:
she insists on helping. I hope that's all right with everyone.

That's what moms are for, isn't it? I'm glad she's there to give you a hand.

Drop me a PM if you think she'd like a family picture to put a face with my name.

Mimble wrote:
Yellek wrote:
Aww, that's awesome that she's helping momgamer. Excuse me now because it's a little dusty here.

+1 to that! I'm really glad that you needing help and your mum wanting to help and be needed is the best plan for everyone.

Awesome!

Status update on cards. They are coming together nicely. Still waiting on the arrival of a few themed stamps I ordered. Does anyone need/want a specific kind of card i.e. birthday, thank you etc? If you do, please let me know. I usually make blanks so folks can write in their own sentiment.

Hey everyone! Quick update from me. Almost done with my needlework for everyone. Magnets are delayed a bit since the needlework takes so much time. I'll get those magnets started ASAP. I'm pretty much ready to exchange locations.

Darn I wish I saw this thread earlier. Will this be the offical spot to look next year?
I am not sure if it would have counted, but I pickled a bunch of garlic scapes.

Bonnonon, I'm cool with you jumping in now if everyone else is.

The "deadline" isn't going to be until New Years Day... most folks here are making stuff for family gifts too, and I don't want this to be a thorn in the side of last-minute holiday sprints.

P.S.: I'm down with the pickling, yes yes.

After I called in my ringer, I'm pretty much ready, too.

clover wrote:
The "deadline" isn't going to be until New Years Day... most folks here are making stuff for family gifts too, and I don't want this to be a thorn in the side of last-minute holiday sprints.

Thanks, Clover. Now I don't feel so bad. I actually had a needle break and couldn't find the right size for two weeks. I'm still catching up but everyone will get their stuff!

I'm making the last one now and should be done in a few days.

So I'm good with exchanging addresses any time!

Hey, does anyone have the crafting-catch-all thread favorited that can shoot me a link? I'm trying to find it but getting mostly MMO stuff. My wife is big on crafting on SwapBot, but I wanna see how much cooler we are than them. If I can ever find good imagehosting that's not obnoxious, I can post a few things she's made for me as well.

Demosthenes wrote:
Hey, does anyone have the crafting-catch-all thread favorited that can shoot me a link? I'm trying to find it but getting mostly MMO stuff. My wife is big on crafting on SwapBot, but I wanna see how much cooler we are than them. If I can ever find good imagehosting that's not obnoxious, I can post a few things she's made for me as well. :)

This one?

There we go, now to find a good imagehost site. My monster book of monsters kindle case and my Chewbacca made out of Courdoroys demands exposure!

I still hope to have my shinies done by new years-ish. But you may have to give me a week leeway. My studio is fully packed up in boxes and we are closing on the new house next week (KEEPING FINGERS CROSSED!).

-ish is cool. This should be fun, not a source of stress

I have one pair of mitts and three hats completed, and the first of a second pair of mitts on the needles. I have the yarn ready to go for another hat. I am aiming to finish up by New Year's and mail things out once the kids are back in school on January second. That's everyone but special guests -- Momgamer, does your mom have a favorite color? Has anyone heard anything more from Duckideva?

To amuse myself, I made a cover image for the Ravelry pages I made for the projects, at least until I mail them out:
IMAGE(http://images4.ravelrycache.com/uploads/KayTeeEm/131930761/stan-thinks-of-yarn-square_small_best_fit.png)

And I'd love to try your pickles, Bonnonon -- sounds yummy. If you have enough to share, I'd be glad to make you a hat.

PM me your email, mailing address, and real name... I will make a google doc and share it to the group so everyone can get shipping info.

clover wrote:
PM me your email, mailing address, and real name... I will make a google doc and share it to the group so everyone can get shipping info.

PM sent!

I am done all the crafty things now (sewed on my last button not ten minutes ago) for everyone, except for Bonnonon's.

Bonnonon, do you want a dice bag or tea towel/dishcloth set? Let me know and I will trade you for pickled goodness. There are pics of these in either this thread, or the one I linked for Demos.

I am down with pickles! Finally received the last stamp. Should be done in soon and ready to swap!

clover wrote:
Bonnonon, I'm cool with you jumping in now if everyone else is.

The "deadline" isn't going to be until New Years Day... most folks here are making stuff for family gifts too, and I don't want this to be a thorn in the side of last-minute holiday sprints.

P.S.: I'm down with the pickling, yes yes.

Mimble wrote:
clover wrote:
PM me your email, mailing address, and real name... I will make a google doc and share it to the group so everyone can get shipping info.

PM sent!

I am done all the crafty things now (sewed on my last button not ten minutes ago) for everyone, except for Bonnonon's.

Bonnonon, do you want a dice bag or tea towel/dishcloth set? Let me know and I will trade you for pickled goodness. There are pics of these in either this thread, or the one I linked for Demos.

Mible - A Dice bag would be awesome.

Clover - Thanks for including me and I will send you a PM now. P.S I live in Canada, but I have a mail box in the States that I cross the border and pick up my mail from. I will send both links. Shipping to US is so much cheaper and will save some people some money.

Bonnonon wrote:

Mible - A Dice bag would be awesome.

I can do that.

Mimble wrote:
Bonnonon wrote:

Mimble - A Dice bag would be awesome.

I can do that. :D

Thanks and I fixed your name in my reply.

Bonnonon wrote:
Mimble wrote:
Bonnonon wrote:

Mimble - A Dice bag would be awesome.

I can do that. :D

Thanks and I fixed your name in my reply.

Ha ha! Thanks!