Welcome Back, Keepers of the Pile

Pages

I hope everyone enjoyed the holidays. It's the beginning of a new year and I know my pile has increased substantially. I figure we've only got about 75% of the year to get things done before new consoles dominate our playtime (assuming you can get one).

If you're interested, m0nk3yboy, has the 12 month pile plan thread over here.

A quick reminder, in order to be considered "Pile of Shame" the game needs to be at least three months old. Otherwise, it's just a new game you haven't gotten to playing yet.

Also, if you are curious about some of the previous threads, Pick's of the Pile, etc... Please go here and check out the Google doc I setup.

Let's get on to the games!

This month's Pick of the Pile is

[size=30]Mark of the Ninja[/size]

IMAGE(http://www.markoftheninja.com/wp-content/themes/mark-of-the-ninja/images/wallpapers/motnDuo/motnDuo_1280x720.png)

"You are a ninja who bears the mark — a tattoo whose ink bestows heightened senses, but at a terrible cost." (www.markoftheninja.com)

[u]Multi-Platform[/u]
Assassin's Creed 2 - gravity, ems777
Assassin's Creed: Revelations - Kraint
Bastion - AUs_TBirD, honeycut1
Battlefield Bad Company - honeycut1
Bioshock 2 - infromsea
Costume Quest - cyrax
Darksiders - MrDeVil909
Darksiders II - iaintgotnopants
Dark Souls - CptDomano, mrtomaytohead
Dead Space - Eleima
Defense Grid: The Awakening - jdzappa
Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Kraint
Dishonored - CptDomano, TempestBlayze, iaintgotnopants
Driver: San Francisco - MadGav
Faerie Solitaire - Katy
Fallout 3 - Luggage, ems777
F.E.A.R. 3 - obirano
Final Fantasy VI - gravity
Final Fantasy IX - obirano
Final Fantasy XIII - Demyx
Final Fantasy XIII-2 - AndrewA
Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet - m0nk3yboy
L.A. Noire - philucifer
Limbo - jdzappa
Lollipop Chainsaw - m0nk3yboy
Lord of the Rings: War in the North - Docjoe
Mark of the Ninja - philucifer, kergguz, TempestBlayze, Garden Ninja
Mass Effect 2 - jdzappa, brokenclavicle
Mass Effect 3 - Hemi
Max Payne 3 - sr_malo
Metro 2033 - Quintin_Stone
Mirror's Edge - Quintin_Stone
Nier - brokenclavicle
Oblivion - brokenclavicle
Outland - cyrax
Penny Arcade Episode 2 - Radical Ans, brokenclavicle
Penny Arcade Episode 3 - Radical Ans, stevenmack
Portal 2 - clever id
Resident Evil 4 - Gumbie
Retro City Rampage - Vrikk
Saint's Row the Third - Luggage, Gumbie, Vrikk, CptDomano
Shank - kstress71
Shank 2 - obirano, kstress71
Sine Mora - m0nk3yboy, AUs_TBirD
Skylanders: Giants - m0nk3yboy
Skyrim - jdzappa, Katy
Skyrim: Dawnguard - Katy
Skyrim: DLC - babakotia
Sleeping Dogs - CptDomano, cartoonin99, Vrikk
Sniper Elite V2 - kstress71
Sonic the Fighters - m0nk3yboy
Space Marine - SallyNasty
Spec Ops: The Line - AUs_TBirD, Docjoe, Vrikk
Splice - kstress71
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic - Cragmyre
Tales of Monkey Island: Episode 1 - The Launch of the Screaming Narwhal - Eleima
Torchlight - sr_malo
Torchlight 2 - TempestBlayze, kergguz, Docjoe, Sparhawk
Trine - Sparhawk
Trine 2 - Sparhawk, Docjoe, obirano
Trine 2: Goblin Menace DLC - iaintgotnopants
Virtua Fighter 2 - m0nk3yboy
Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown - m0nk3yboy
The Walking Dead - Radical Ans
The Walking Dead: Ep. 2 "Starved For Help" - Garden Ninja
The Walking Dead: Ep. 3 "Long Road Ahead" - Garden Ninja
The Walking Dead: Ep. 4 "Around Every Corner" - Garden Ninja
The Walking Dead: Ep. 5: "No Time Left" - Garden Ninja
XCOM: Enemy Unknown - Stele

PC
Alien vs. Predator Classic - Vrikk
Amnesia: The Dark Descent - kstress71
Analogue:A Hate Story - MrDeVil909
Anno 2070 - MadGav
The Ball - kstress71
Bone - shoptroll
Boutanicula - clever id
Crysis - infromsea
Dangerous High School Girls in Trouble - Eleima
The Dark Eye : Chains of Satinav - stevenmack
Dawn of War II - Spaz
Deponia - clever id
Legend of Grimrock - kstress71
The Longest Journey - [color=gray]Garden Ninja[/color]
Nancy Drew: The Curse of Blackmoor Manor - stevenmack
Offspring Fling! - Eleima
Orcs Must Die! - kstress71
Orcs Must Die! 2 - TempestBlayze, kstress71
Snapshot - Katy
To the Moon - MrDeVil909
Yesterday - stevenmack

Xbox 360
Forza 4 - m0nk3yboy
Once Upon a Monster: DLC - m0nk3yboy

[u]PS3[/u]
PixelJunk Shooter - walterqchocobo
PixelJunk Shooter 2 - walterqchocobo
Tales from Space: About a Blob - AndrewA
Uncharted 2 - infromsea
Uncharted 3 - mrtomaytohead

[u]PS1[/u]
Final Fantasy IX - AUs_TBirD

[u]3DS[/u]
New Super Mario Bros. 2 - shoptroll
Spirit Camera: The Cursed Memoir - ClockworkHouse

[u]DS[/u]
999 - AUs_TBirD
Dragon Quest IX - ClockworkHouse

[u]Wii[/u]
Donkey Kong Country Returns - ClockworkHouse
Kirby's Epic Yarn - Demyx
The Last Story - gamerparent
Super Paper Mario - Vrikk

[u]iOS[/u]
Kingdom Rush - Katy

Put me down for New Super Mario Bros. 2 (3DS) and Bone (PC). I feel I should be able to knock one of those out before Ni No Kuni arrives.

Space Marine on 360! For the Emperor!

Here is my list:

Skyrim
Mass Effect 2
Defense Grid
Limbo

I started Trine today. Two hours in and loving it. After this, Trine 2 of course.

My list for this month:
PC:
Skyrim + Dawnguard
I will also own up to playing:
Faerie Solitaire

iOS (Do you count these? It's on my list whether you do or not.)
Middle Manager of Justice

I don't expect to finish Skyrim this month, but I want to make a reasonable dent in it. Recently started over with a spellsword / "good guy" type, who is a little obsessive about dragons (e.g. less likely to be distracted by side quests other than shout collecting, though I'm afraid he's going to insist on collecting all of those). I've got about 15-20% left of the other two, and want to finish those up.

Katy wrote:

My list for this month:
PC:
Skyrim + Dawnguard
I will also own up to playing:
Faerie Solitaire

iOS (Do you count these? It's on my list whether you do or not.)
Middle Manager of Justice

I don't expect to finish Skyrim this month, but I want to make a reasonable dent in it. Recently started over with a spellsword / "good guy" type, who is a little obsessive about dragons (e.g. less likely to be distracted by side quests other than shout collecting, though I'm afraid he's going to insist on collecting all of those). I've got about 15-20% left of the other two, and want to finish those up.

Middle Manager shows a release date of 12/13/12 (according to Wikipedia). That's too new to be a pile game. Otherwise, I've got no issues including iOS games.

I'll go for Mark of the Ninja and L.A. Noire this month. Let's see if I can shrink the pile in 2013, given that I failed in 2012.

Darksiders 2 (PC) and Trine 2 Goblin Menace DLC (PC)

I'm hesitant to put Darksiders 2 up because I'm not exactly enjoying it halfway through but whatever.

Put me down for Mark of the Ninja and Torchlight 2 please (both PC). No purchases for me in 2013 until I get to grips with this! (Bet you've heard that one before)

I'll be joining all you fine folk in an effort to battle the pile... Which has substantially grown over the last two weeks, for some reason!

This month, my goal is to finish Dangerous High School Girls in Trouble (at least beat it once), finish Dead Space (which I only played an hour or so), and play Offspring Fling!.
I'm keeping my expectations low for this month as I'll be traveling for work for about 10 days. Chances are I'll get no gaming done in that time frame (unless playing Plants versus Zombies on the iPad counts, which it doesn't really, since I've already finished it on my PC last year! ).

Edit, forgot to specify, my games are all PC (don't own any consoles).

I'll join in. Put me down for Torchlight 2 (PC) and Lord of the Rings: War in the North (360) this month. I'll at least finish TL2 for sure this month.

Just a reminder, games are listed in categories (multi, PC, 360, etc...) based on their availability and not the platform you select to play on. For example:

Dead Space 2 (PC) would be incorrect as the title is available on PC, 360 and PS3.

Most of the titles do not have substantial differences across platforms and it helps to get a better idea of how many people are playing what by grouping them all together.

Good gods... the steam sale has made an already mountainous pile into an insurmountable Everest of games. I must soldier on, however.

On the chopping block for this month:

The Walking Dead
Penny-Arcade Episode 2 & maybe 3

Edit: Both PC

Okay, here's the list for me this month:

Multiple Platforms
Dark Souls
Sleeping Dogs
Dishonored

This is the fist time I actually have a pile! Usually I don't buy a game until I am done with one but not having much time to play, games going on sale and games being gifted, I have built up quite a backlog.

Current goal is to finish Dishonored

Then:
Farcry 3
Mark o the Ninja
Torchlight II
Orcs Must Die 2

I plan to finish or have my fill of these before end of Feb. My addiction to Planetside 2 also comes into play.

Trine 2 and Fear 3.

I'm on Chapter 12, so I might finally be able to finish Final Fantasy XIII before Ni no Kuni comes out.

Hemidal wrote:

Middle Manager shows a release date of 12/13/12 (according to Wikipedia). That's too new to be a pile game. Otherwise, I've got no issues including iOS games.

I forgot about the time restriction. I do want an iOS game on my list, so make it
Kingdom Rush (iOS)
instead.

Please put me down for The Last Story (Wii) for this month. Thanks!

I think you meant to put me down for Torchlight 2, I don't own Trine 2 (but perhaps I should?)

I finished Mark of the Ninja (Multi) this morning, but I want to do a New Game Plus run.

Please also put me down for Longest Journey (PC). One way or the other, I'll be done with it this month; I'm pretty close to dropping it.

I also going to finish at least one episode of The Walking dead, so put me down for Walking Dead: Ep. 2 "Starved For Help" (Multi) as well.

Put me down for Assassin's Creed 2. I'm halfway done with it, and should be able to knock out the other half this month. The other one I'm working on isn't pile of shame, because I only bought it a few weeks ago, but it's a game I started playing almost 20 years ago, and then again over 10 years ago, and never finished either time. This time I will finish Final Fantasy VI (the PSOne Classic version).

Garden Ninja wrote:

Please also put me down for Longest Journey (PC). One way or the other, I'll be done with it this month; I'm pretty close to dropping it.

That's so sad, what a shame... (I get it though, I've done the same with other games, it's just that... It's TLJ!! )

Eleima wrote:
Garden Ninja wrote:

Please also put me down for Longest Journey (PC). One way or the other, I'll be done with it this month; I'm pretty close to dropping it.

That's so sad, what a shame... (I get it though, I've done the same with other games, it's just that... It's TLJ!! )

I love the story and the world. I'm just not sure whether I'm willing to slog through the mediocre gameplay to enjoy it. I do have a good walkthrough at least, to get through the puzzles. I guess that stupid rubber ducky chain of puzzles soured me a bit though, despite several people saying it was the weakest part of the game.

Super Paper Mario for the Wii. It's the only one in the series I haven't beaten, and after being disappointed by the 3DS one I'd like to at least complete the series.

TempestBlayze wrote:

This is the fist time I actually have a pile! Usually I don't buy a game until I am done with one but not having much time to play, games going on sale and games being gifted, I have built up quite a backlog.

Current goal is to finish Dishonored

Then:
Farcry 3
Mark o the Ninja
Torchlight II
Orcs Must Die 2

I plan to finish or have my fill of these before end of Feb. My addiction to Planetside 2 also comes into play.

Farcry 3 came out on December 4th. Got a bit to go before pile eligible.

kergguz wrote:

I think you meant to put me down for Torchlight 2, I don't own Trine 2 (but perhaps I should?)

Peer pressure is a b*tch. It's been corrected.

gravity wrote:

Put me down for Assassin's Creed 2. I'm halfway done with it, and should be able to knock out the other half this month. The other one I'm working on isn't pile of shame, because I only bought it a few weeks ago, but it's a game I started playing almost 20 years ago, and then again over 10 years ago, and never finished either time. This time I will finish Final Fantasy VI (the PSOne Classic version).

I listed it in multi due to the variety of platforms it's been released on.

Put me down for Fallout 3 (PC) please.

Oh lord, I JUUUUST finished Dawn of War II a few days ago and I wanted to share the news.

It's been my official "Holiday Break" game for a few years now. I feel... empty.

Put me down for Dragon Quest IX (DS), please. This time, I'll do it, I swear.

I think I can polish off Deus EX: Human Revolution and Assassin's Creed Revelations this month. I am well past the half-way point in both of them.

Pages