This is basically Hero's Quest and other tabletop games involving a DM/Dungeon Master. I only saw this mentioned once on the forums, the game will be released 1/29/13, why haven't you purchased your copy and why is there little chatter about this game?
Dungeonland is a co-operative hack and slash game that takes players on a deadly tour through a medieval theme park. Playing as The Rogue, The Warrior or The Mage, the heroes will need to work together as a team to get past the evil overseer of this “Tragic Kingdom” – The Dungeon Maestro.
The truly diabolical can even take on the role of the Dungeon Maestro himself and wreak havoc on friends. Unleash the killer rabbits, drop some exploding frogs in their path, or whip up a giant fan and blow them all away.
- Strategic Co-op Gameplay: Utilize each character’s unique skills and weapons, combine their special powers to form all new attacks, or just plain hack and slash your way through this treacherous theme park
- Competitive Multiplayer: Play as the Dungeon Maestro himself and unleash evil on your friends. Summon your minion to thwart the heroes, conjure spells or take control of a boss monster and get in the action yourself. Then push the Evil Laugh button and let your sinister cackle reverberate throughout the land
- Replayability: The DM AI randomizes monsters, treasures and dangers each session to create a unique experience; player choice in equipping items creates endless combinations for more variety
- Colorful Game World: Three different theme park environments to explore, each with their own unique attractions. Don’t forget to visit the gift shop on the way out. The prices are to die for…
- Prepare to DIE: Dungeonland is a dangerous place – making your way past its deadliest attractions will be an extreme challenge. Only the hardiest of heroes need apply
- Steam ($9.99), 4-Pack ($29.99)
- Full Controller Support
- Local as well as Online Co-op
Angry Joe First Impressions
There are various Dungeonland Dev diaries out there on Youtube. Check it out!