NHL 2012-2013: Tentative deal early Sunday January 6
Atlantic Division (ingoalmag.com)
Innovation and Re-creation
So our sport is being shown more innovation this season, just in time for the Mayan Apocalypse. R&D camp trying wireless communication, shallow nets for more action, and Brendan Shannahan as head disciplinarian who hopes to: "announce a suspension/ release a video simultaneously explaining what they saw, everything they deliberated and why they settled on that certain sanction." Could be preventative in some cases.
Need we say it? The return of the Home of the White-Out, Winnipeg, and the return of those pesky Winnipeg Jets, sort of. Atlanta is gone again, having lost another team to Canada, which has to be some kind of record. Here's to the fans, and don't take it lightly, there's a good chance small markets like, say, Quebec City, are watching how you handle your new toy. Anyhow, enjoy! And kudos to the first power play that the Jets start to lull around in the offensive zone and somebody in the crowd yells "SHOOT THAT FOKKER!"
What's going to happen this year?
* Will Phoenix finally get that kick in the ass that Greg Jamison brought to the San Jose Sharks, or will they finally relent and give up on Arizona?
* The Islanders: should they give up on Long Island altogether? Wang's privately financed plan fell through, and the public financed plan fell through as well. When is it time to call it a day?
* New Jersey: Marty's last season, or will he be back for more?
* Florida Panthers: time to jump ship for Seattle?
* Dallas: Strong footing, or still on the slippery melting slope to oblivion?
* Sydney Crosby's head issues, is he following the Lindros path now that he's had concussion problems?
* Vancouver: it burned when they lost, will it be completely destroyed if they win?
* Washington, Philly, Detroit, San Jose, St. Louis: does anybody believe anymore?
* Nashville, Tampa, Boston: keep believing?