iTunes 11 Questions

I've been trying to figure out itunes 11, and one thing is really bothering me -- when downloading updates to my ipad apps, every time an app download finishes, the itunes window pops back up to regain focus. I cannot figure out how to make it stop doing this.

It doesn't do that for me. That's on a Mac, maybe you're using the Windows version.

Why are you downloading apps to iTunes at all? It's simpler just to update directly to the iPad.

It did that for me the first time, but hasn't since. Try opening the side bar (Ctl-S). I haven't run into that problem since, but that may be coincidence with something else I inadvertently did.

Does anyone know how to hide previously watched TV episodes? I've bought hundreds of shows and after a while I've been burning to DVD then removing them from my system. Now that iCloud files are present, they ALL show up. Apparently I can delete them but I'm afraid that will remove them from my iCloud account entirely. I like using the List view but may have to switch to primarily using the Unwatched view because of this.

CaptainCrowbar wrote:

Why are you downloading apps to iTunes at all? It's simpler just to update directly to the iPad.

With multiple iOS devices and with more apps than the devices' storage can fit, I find it easier to still use iTunes (PC) as a control hub.

Hi all,

I have two questions:

1. Is there still a way to drag and drop individual podcasts to my iPod? For whatever reason, the only way I could figure out how to load podcasts was to do a full sync, and that required me to delete a bunch of stuff.

2. Has anyone tried to download new books from Audible? I'm not even seeing my audiobooks in the new iTunes.

jdzappa wrote:

Hi all,

1. Is there still a way to drag and drop individual podcasts to my iPod? For whatever reason, the only way I could figure out how to load podcasts was to do a full sync, and that required me to delete a bunch of stuff.

Turn the sidebar back on (Ctl-S). Can drag from your libararies podcasts folder to the sidebar just like before.

jdzappa wrote:

Hi all,

I have two questions:

1. Is there still a way to drag and drop individual podcasts to my iPod? For whatever reason, the only way I could figure out how to load podcasts was to do a full sync, and that required me to delete a bunch of stuff.

2. Has anyone tried to download new books from Audible? I'm not even seeing my audiobooks in the new iTunes.

1. I don't drag and drop, but I use the checkboxes. I have my ipod set to manually sync for music/podcasts/audiobooks, so all I have to do is check the ones I want and uncheck the ones I don't want.

2. Audiobooks from audible appear as MP3s in the music section. Generally the artist will be the author, and the title will be something wonky like, "Part 1 of 31". Usually I make a playlist that is the title of the book and fill it with all those parts. Unfortunately it doesn't automatically remember your place all the time like it does for iTunes audiobooks. Something to keep in mind.

Thanks guys. I'm so used to Apple products being so easy a 3-year-old can use them (as my son often does) that I was struck at how non-intuitive a lot of stuff feels with iTunes 11.

Carlbear95 wrote:

Turn the sidebar back on (Ctl-S).

OMG SO USEFUL! Thank you thank you thank you thank you!