Guild Wars 2 - Spelunking Club (The Arah Initiative)

GoldenDog wrote:

Yarg. Twice I've sat in AC path 3 groups for hours because we had nobody that could hit the burrows. They required a "special angle" even for melee. None of us had problems hitting them Saturday. It has been 2 months since I last ran AC though.

Maybe you were up against this bug which was fixed 15 November 2012

"Fixed a bug preventing melee attacks from hitting static objects in the world if the character was not moving. As an example, this should help players using melee in Ascalonian Catacombs to hit graveling burrows, amongst other offending objects."

Also.. graveling burrows just melt under a meteor shower or the AoE from the conjured ice bow.

That's definitely the bug I had in mind. I had no idea it was fixed 4 months ago. Both of my characters were already 80 by then and got their gear from Karma in-place of dungeons.

We don't have an ele in our sister guild. I have almost never had one in the group. Eles' nor necros.

We have thieves, rangers, .... and... well everyone either has a thief or a ranger lol.

GoldenDog wrote:

We have thieves, rangers, .... and... well everyone either has a thief or a ranger lol.

That seems like it makes for decidedly unpleasant dungeering.

So... anyone want to form up for an Arah story run?

merphle wrote:

So... anyone want to form up for an Arah story run?

I still need to do this on my Ranger, so if we get a group going in any time frame I can attend you can count me in.

Tyops wrote:
GoldenDog wrote:

We have thieves, rangers, .... and... well everyone either has a thief or a ranger lol.

That seems like it makes for decidedly unpleasant dungeering.

We beat most Fractals and Dungeons easily enough. Not saying it couldn't be easier, but good times are had by all, so a success

The AoE Fights are the most difficult however. There is much school girl sprinting.

Our rag tag group hasn't decided on an activity yet tonight. Maybe we'll hit up GWJ for Arah Story. We're usually 9:30pm - 12am EST.

Arah story tonight sounds good, provided I'm not otherwise occupied by spouse-mandated movie-watching activities.

I'm up for it.

An Arah story was run last night, but Elycion and I both missed it. Maybe we can attempt again tonight or tomorrow night?

Special mention for Javamancer, DonDGT, and Madlink who completed their first attempt at COF #3 against some pretty long odds.

I can only imagine what that would have been like with a Pick up group. We might still be there..

I'll try to log on tonight and help out!

Tyops wrote:

Special mention for Javamancer, DonDGT, and Madlink who completed their first attempt at COF #3 against some pretty long odds.

Thanks for leading us through that. It's hard to imagine that that path used to be even worse.

Javamancer wrote:
Tyops wrote:

Special mention for Javamancer, DonDGT, and Madlink who completed their first attempt at COF #3 against some pretty long odds.

Thanks for leading us through that. It's hard to imagine that that path used to be even worse.

The new patch removed the lava component of the final boss. Players can still be knocked back but are caught by 'nets' at edge of lava so rez is possible. We did this one 2 days too soon.

DonD wrote:
Javamancer wrote:
Tyops wrote:

Special mention for Javamancer, DonDGT, and Madlink who completed their first attempt at COF #3 against some pretty long odds.

Thanks for leading us through that. It's hard to imagine that that path used to be even worse.

The new patch removed the lava component of the final boss. Players can still be knocked back but are caught by 'nets' at edge of lava so rez is possible. We did this one 2 days too soon.

You can look down n everyone thag does it post nerf. You cant put a price on that.

Tyops wrote:
DonD wrote:
Javamancer wrote:
Tyops wrote:

Special mention for Javamancer, DonDGT, and Madlink who completed their first attempt at COF #3 against some pretty long odds.

Thanks for leading us through that. It's hard to imagine that that path used to be even worse.

The new patch removed the lava component of the final boss. Players can still be knocked back but are caught by 'nets' at edge of lava so rez is possible. We did this one 2 days too soon.

You can look down n everyone thag does it post nerf. You cant put a price on that.

Nerf number 2 actually CoF3 was waaaaaaay harder before the patch last month as well.

Cobble wrote:
Tyops wrote:
DonD wrote:
Javamancer wrote:
Tyops wrote:

Special mention for Javamancer, DonDGT, and Madlink who completed their first attempt at COF #3 against some pretty long odds.

Thanks for leading us through that. It's hard to imagine that that path used to be even worse.

The new patch removed the lava component of the final boss. Players can still be knocked back but are caught by 'nets' at edge of lava so rez is possible. We did this one 2 days too soon.

You can look down n everyone thag does it post nerf. You cant put a price on that.

Nerf number 2 actually CoF3 was waaaaaaay harder before the patch last month as well.

I pugged it back in the day. And lived.

Actually withe cooldown on spy kits this might be harder again.

I'm looking to complete the Dungeon Master title. All I have left are the paths of Arah explorable. I'm not opposed to PUGing, but if others want to run Arah as well, we can try to set up a time to go through it as a Guild event.

Any interest?

I've run Arah 2 and 3. I've been trying to find groups for 1 and 4 -- 1 shouldn't be hard to find a group for but almost no one wants to do 4.

I'm definitely up for running them all. They're a lot of fun (I wish more dungeons had boss fights like Lupi), and 2 and 3 are both pretty short (about 20 to 25 mins with a good team). I've read that 1 is short, too, and 4 is the super long one.

Yes, path 4 is the one that has been nerfed several time. I need those paths as well so I'm more than willing to put some time aside to do them.