Far Cry 3

Oh man, this teaser trailer had me laughing pretty hard at the end. WTF?

That teaser is pretty silly. If you're just going to tease a tiny morsel of your trailer, at least show a part that makes sense!

I saw the full 3-minute version of that trailer on Youtube before Ubi yanked it. It's all pre-rendered CG, but the character animation is pretty stellar. We see "Definition of Insanity" loco bad guy again, and a trio of carefree twentysomethings carousing on the island before they run into the crazy killers. It's an island... THAT'S NOT ON THE MAP!

Oh, and the leaked trailer apparently leaked the release date too: September 6. Grrr, that's a long ways away.

TempestBlayze wrote:

Oh man, this teaser trailer had me laughing pretty hard at the end. WTF?

The unfitting dub-step sure is something.

chaosmos wrote:

Oh, and the leaked trailer apparently leaked the release date too: September 6. Grrr, that's a long ways away.

That's actually closer than I expected. I was thinking early 2013 at the earliest.

Guys over at Giant Bomb will be all over that trailer

Aaaaaand, here's the foul-mouthed full-length trailer:

http://www.eurogamer.net/videos/full...

Be prepared to rupture your ear drums. Far Cry 3, Summer 2012.

Dammit. That trailer has me really excited for the game.

mr_n00b wrote:

Be prepared to rupture your ear drums. Far Cry 3, Summer 2012.

I love how companies are unable to tell what period of the year things are in....

I am excited, despite the dubstep.

Though that showed no gameplay at all, the E3 trailer that did show gameplay in conjunction with this does make me excited. I really hope this doesn't have UbiDRM cause yeah, I want this on PC but I won't support that garbage, no matter how good the game is. I'm hopeful.

Parallax Abstraction wrote:

Though that showed no gameplay at all, the E3 trailer that did show gameplay in conjunction with this does make me excited.

Agreed. Super-hyped for FC3.

Poor dub-step. Mocked & killed under the weight of its own popularity.

SuperDave wrote:
TempestBlayze wrote:

Oh man, this teaser trailer had me laughing pretty hard at the end. WTF?

The unfitting dub-step sure is something.

I know a couple Ubisoft Montreal guys and they do love their electronic music. One of the intro videos for FC2 had a bit of dub (pre-Skrillex).

Anyway, the full trailer captures the kind of twisted jungle atmosphere that I loved from FC2. UbiDRM or not, I'm in.

Duoae wrote:
mr_n00b wrote:

Be prepared to rupture your ear drums. Far Cry 3, Summer 2012.

I love how companies are unable to tell what period of the year things are in....

I love how people forget that summer ends on September 22nd/23rd.

Great trailer.

Wub Wub

I really dug the trailer. Looking forward to this, I thought Far Cry 2 was really cool - I hope they stick pretty close to its game play (fix the obvious things of course)

Justin McElroy has been doing variations of the teaser all day:

Barab wrote:

I really dug the trailer. Looking forward to this, I thought Far Cry 2 was really cool - I hope they stick pretty close to its game play (fix the obvious things of course)

One man's "they should fix the obvious things about Far Cry 2" is another man's "Far Cry 3 probably won't be as good as Far Cry 2".

I'm curious but not excited. This trailer gives the game more of a Jack Carver feel, and I've no doubt FC3 will expand on the core Far Cry experience—beautiful world, big levels, open design. But I won't be surprised if the gameplay and narrative elements that made FC2 special are jettisoned for a return to a more approachable and mainstream game. Unfortunate, but understandable.

As long as grenades will roll down hills, I'm in.

I love the idea of it all, but I'm just worried that due to your involvement with the story things like the assassinations, safe areas, vendor missions etc. will not exist due to the immediacy of wanting to get your girlfriend back and being hunted all the time.

chaosmos wrote:

Aaaaaand, here's the foul-mouthed full-length trailer:

http://www.eurogamer.net/videos/full...

Holy crap that's an excellent trailer.

Strangely it reminds me of the original Manhunt. I spent all of that game with a strong desire to get to one guy and ...make him see the error of his ways. I can see me having a similar relationship with this guy:

IMAGE(http://train2game.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/far-cry-3-voss.jpg)

It'd be great to have the game sooner but if this means they are taking the time to flesh the game out and do everything properly then I'm happy. Spending six months in an agony of anticipation but happy.

^^^ That voice actor from the E3 walkthrough was freakin' impressive.

Sooo much better than the "rat on crack" ramblings of Jackal from FC2.

IMAGE(http://train2game.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/far-cry-3-voss.jpg)

Caption:
"This sh*t right here? You see this sh*t?! Is it the new sh*t? NO! Uh, mm, it's the old sh*t. I took a dump here last week. *whispers* I have tummy problems."

Strangeblades wrote:

IMAGE(http://train2game.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/far-cry-3-voss.jpg)

Caption:
"This sh*t right here? You see this sh*t?! Is it the new sh*t? NO! Uh, mm, it's the old sh*t. I took a dump here last week. *whispers* I have tummy problems."

"Did I ever tell you the definition of sh*t?"

Higgledy wrote:
chaosmos wrote:

Aaaaaand, here's the foul-mouthed full-length trailer:

http://www.eurogamer.net/videos/full...

Holy crap that's an excellent trailer.

Strangely it reminds me of the original Manhunt. I spent all of that game with a strong desire to get to one guy and ...make him see the error of his ways. I can see me having a similar relationship with this guy:

IMAGE(http://train2game.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/far-cry-3-voss.jpg)

It'd be great to have the game sooner but if this means they are taking the time to flesh the game out and do everything properly then I'm happy. Spending six months in an agony of anticipation but happy.

Pretty much exactly the same thing here. I hope they keep the things from FC2 that made it so worthwhile, and tune those things that needed it.

Either way, the setting looks like a great blend of FC1 and FC2.

MannishBoy wrote:

Justin McElroy has been doing variations of the teaser all day

The Jerry Maguire trailer shows a remarkable improvement over the original.

New footage w/ 'shrooms!

"However, this time around, taking a page from stellar TV shows like Breaking Bad..."

What in the world, IGN, are you babbling on about? Somehow I'm not seeing the connection between a show about former schoolteacher cooking meth and an open-world jungle shooter?

I think what they're trying to say is that Albuquerque is the jungle and it's your job to help an old man fight his cancer. With shrooms. And by cancer I mean addiction. Yeah.