I was hoping you could help me pick the next game that I'm going to play on my PSP. First, some background info. Since I got a PSP in January, it accounts to 95% of my video gaming (used to be DS for the 3 years before that). I like most genres, but probably RPGs the most. I don't like space sims, tower defense games, or most FPShooters.
What I have played so far:
- Patapon (the 1st game in the series) - got quite bored after 5 or 8 missions. Sold it.
- Metal Gear Solid (1st) - beat it, loved it (as I love the series)
- Loco Roco 2 - beat it, loved it for its quirkiness.
- Monster Hunter Freedom Unite - probably 75 hours clocked in, love it, but need to take a break from it occasionally.
- Jeanne D'Arc - beat the New Orleans mission some time ago, then set it aside for a while. I always thought I liked sRPGs, and I do enjoy them, but I don't think I've really beaten any...
- Final Fantasy VII (yeah, I've not played it before) - I quite liked it, but got burnt out somewhere near the end of Disc 2
- Ys I and II - not great, but enjoyable. Beat it - I like retro games, and grinding was not bad either. But if it was longer, I would have quit mid-way through, probably.
- Lego Star Wars Original Trilogy - beat it. The game was OK, I liked it, but not enough to come back and try 100%-ing it.
- Rock Band: Unplugged - a fun game that I really enjoy in short bursts (beating a few tracks in one sitting). Playing on Medium (I suck at music/rhythm games)
Now, here are the games I have in my library (a.k.a. pile of shame):
- Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain - old game that I've never played, though it got great reviews back when it was released. Bought the PSN version, played for about an hour, did not really like the gameplay.
- Soul Reaver: Legacy of Kain - is it better than BO:LoK?
- Half-Minute Hero - played for 2 or 3 hours, probably. It was fun at first, but after 9 or 10 missions it got boring. Then I had a quick look at an FAQ, saw that there are 30 levels, and put the game aside.
- Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together - I thought it might be better to finish Jeanne D'Arc first, rather than start another sRPG game
- Final Fantasy Tactics - ditto (never played it)
- Wipeout Pulse - I thought a racing game might be a nice change. I beat a few races, and I will probably come back one day.
- Valkyrie: Lenneth - never played this one, got good reviews so I picked it up.
- Gitaroo Man Live - quite 'different' music game.
- Metal Gear Acid 2 - got better reviews than the 1st one, so I picked it up. Played the tutorial missions just to see how the gameplay works.
- Final Fantasy VI and VIII - some more classics that I've not played. Not sure about them though, as I didn't manage to finish VII (supposedly the best EVAR).
- Persona 3 Portable - played 2 SMT games on my DS - Devil Survivor (quit on the Baelzebub mission, seems to be my 'unfinished sRPG curse'), and Strange Journey (quit in sector G, when I needed a lot of grinding due to an apparent difficulty spike). Enjoyed both these games - I had a good time, but not great enough to focus on BEATING them).
I know this is a lot of text to digest, but I put it all there to help you help me. Which of the games above would you suggest I play next? Or is there any other game outside my library that you think I would like? Any hints would be useful for me.