Planetside 2 Catch-All

So assuming I was in the beta, I would be using ccesarano as my tag and would be joining one of the East Coast servers as Vanu. I would just give it a whirl before jumping into the forums and trying to figure out how to meet up with anyone.

This is all theoretically speaking, of course.

EDIT: And theoretically, were I to try those things above, I'd then find myself trying to Google how to get started with this beta because what do I do where do I go aaargh

DOUBLE EDIT: And theoretically discover that I signed up on an unofficial beta forum....

For those not in that want to see more, they're starting to let select people stream the game now. For instance.

EDIT: I think I can't be too bothered to play this very often until they fix a certain issue that takes me 5 minutes to fix every time I jump in. I might play some if there's a bit organized group, though.

I looked over the forums for a bit, but didn't really find anything helpful in getting started in this game. Anyone know where they can point me to some how-to info?

ccesarano wrote:

I looked over the forums for a bit, but didn't really find anything helpful in getting started in this game. Anyone know where they can point me to some how-to info?

if you go to the beta forums there's a topic called "Instructions". That should have everything you need.

Pretty cool the openness in this. They're having a beta feedback dev meeting on Twitch.tv. I assume it will be archived.

I love this game. This statement might be repeated.

Seems pretty "ok" so far. Not gonna talk much until the NDA is lifted but I will say I'm runnin' Vanu and I seem to be seriously outgunned firepower-wise in every face to face encounter and heavy enemy air supremacy absolutely destroys our chances of movin' up

Stylez wrote:

Seems pretty "ok" so far. Not gonna talk much until the NDA is lifted but I will say I'm runnin' Vanu and I seem to be seriously outgunned firepower-wise in every face to face encounter and heavy enemy air supremacy absolutely destroys our chances of movin' up

They talked on that twitch feed above about Vanu guns and range balance.

I think this is a true beta, so I'm giving it time.

MannishBoy wrote:
Stylez wrote:

Seems pretty "ok" so far. Not gonna talk much until the NDA is lifted but I will say I'm runnin' Vanu and I seem to be seriously outgunned firepower-wise in every face to face encounter and heavy enemy air supremacy absolutely destroys our chances of movin' up

They talked on that twitch feed above about Vanu guns and range balance.

I think this is a true beta, so I'm giving it time.

Yeah definitely feels that way, I'm encouraged by how in tune the developers seem to be with the situation. Lots of chatter on the forums.

Does anybody know of a way to have your keybinds save? That in the works?

Stylez wrote:

Does anybody know of a way to have your keybinds save? That in the works?

I hope so.

Stylez wrote:

Does anybody know of a way to have your keybinds save? That in the works?

It's in the known issues on the forums. I'm waiting on that, because I'm tired of taking 5 minutes to straighten stuff out after I join every time.

The keybinding have been messed up since the start. I really want to get my joystick going for the liberator and find it really hard to fly with a mouse.

TempestBlayze wrote:

The keybinding have been messed up since the start. I really want to get my joystick going for the liberator and find it really hard to fly with a mouse.

Think that was mentioned on that Twitch.tv feed yesterday, too. I think the joystick stuff might be two major updates out.

Here's a question for you, how in the heck do you unlock the "burster"?

Bear wrote:

Here's a question for you, how in the heck do you unlock the "burster"?

Hit esc to get to the menu, the right most icon (the gold 'shopping cart') takes you to the online store. Select infantry weapons, scroll to the bottom of the list, select a burster, pay 8000 auraxium. Repeat for the other arm (you have to buy both if you want to dual wield them on the max).

Then equip them both, step outside, scratch the paint on a flyer and wonder why you just spent 16k auraxium for a pair of popguns. Hopefully that will change, sooner the better.

You know, GWJ needs hidden beta forums, so we can discuss this stuff there without worrying about breaking an NDA.

you could always just create a GWJ thread on the PS2 forums and tell all others to GET Thee Out!

I watched some of the live feed and it looks like a blast. I'm not sure I like that there is night and day. Night time could get annoying.

Numontu wrote:

I watched some of the live feed and it looks like a blast. I'm not sure I like that there is night and day. Night time could get annoying.

It makes equipment more important.

Supposedly the NDA lifts tomorrow, which makes sense with the streaming stuff they're adding into the game.

Night time is actually pretty amazing. The atmosphere from the game is enhanced tenfold. They really did a nice job with the effects.

Now to make the Vanu weapons more powerful...

Dp

TempestBlayze wrote:

Night time is actually pretty amazing. The atmosphere from the game is enhanced tenfold. They really did a nice job with the effects.

Now to make the Vanu weapons more powerful...

I noticed that too. During the day it actually seems rather underwhelming but at night with all the AA fire, shadows, and various explosions lighting the terrain it looks absolutely fantastic.

Without the day/night cycle I don't think I would play it. It really does add another layer to the game.

I believe open beta will start next week, so expect the NDA to be lifted soon. They really want to load test this.

NDA ends tomorrow.

TempestBlayze wrote:

Night time is actually pretty amazing. The atmosphere from the game is enhanced tenfold. They really did a nice job with the effects.

Now to make the Vanu weapons more powerful...

Have you seen the fog? OMG THE FOG IS FANTASTIC!!! It's like fighting in Stephen King's "The Mist"

Omg the fog...........

Edit: So I made it to BR 5 with NC playing mostly Engi or Heavy Assault. Tried those filthy purple Vanu this morning, the quality of the weapons isn't even close. Vanu is SOOO much better! I hate myself!

Where's my beta invite?!?

So NDA is over with this latest patch that fixes the key bindings, as well as integrating a youtube capture system. One of the stealth fixes seems to be tightening the cone of fire on Vanu carbines. It seems much easier to take down targets at mid to long distance with the Light assault rifle.

PlanetSide 2 [email protected]
"Hi everyone! Sorry but we are not giving out anymore keys at this time. We will let everyone know as soon as we resume the give away! ^wudi"
9:52 PM - 30 Aug 12