Planetside 2 Catch-All

Seems I can only play on the EU server right now. I created a "Gamers With Jobs" outfit so feel free to join. I am TempestBlayze in the game.
The Vanu are the least populated on this server but we are still taking over 50% of the map

TempestBlayze wrote:
Seems I can only play on the EU server right now. I created a "Gamers With Jobs" outfit so feel free to join. I am TempestBlayze in the game.
The Vanu are the least populated on this server but we are still taking over 50% of the map :)

So, overpowered like they were in the original Beta too?!

I can get in but the world won't draw for me. In the character select screen, my character is all black and about 60% transparent.

I downloaded the latest radeon drivers to no effect =(

TempestBlayze wrote:
Seems I can only play on the EU server right now. I created a "Gamers With Jobs" outfit so feel free to join. I am TempestBlayze in the game.
The Vanu are the least populated on this server but we are still taking over 50% of the map :)

I added you as a friend but they must not have the join turned off for outfits as I could not do a find.

fangblackbone wrote:
I can get in but the world won't draw for me. In the character select screen, my character is all black and about 60% transparent.

groan wrote:

I added you as a friend but they must not have the join turned off for outfits as I could not do a find.

This sounds like an analogy for my life...

Here's a big write up by a John Smedley on what the game is and what their longer term goals are.

TempestBlayze wrote:
GET YOUR BETA KEY WHILE IT LASTS!

Might only be able to play for the weekend of the 17th though.

I'm not home so I can't confirm this.

Edit:
It seems people are playing it right now with these keys


Noooo! That'll teach me for trying to curb my GWJ reading during vacation. Will have to keep my eyes peeled for other stuff like this.

Had a fantastic run on the weekend. Grouped with a guy in the UK and 3 or 4 of us on mics.
We managed to turn the Vanu from underdogs to leaders in about 2 hours taking and holding off the NC mostly. The TF were mostly in the south playing with NC so we took them from behind, so to speak and whittled away their rear until it was bare.
This isn't sounding any better.

I cant wait till this goes live!

Oh, this is all hypothetical and would have happened if I were in a beta.

Couldn't get on this weekend because when I tried the play, all the servers were locked. My power supply is on it's last legs and wont be able to play until I get my new one tomorrow.

TempestBlayze wrote:
Couldn't get on this weekend because when I tried the play, all the servers were locked. My power supply is on it's last legs and wont be able to play until I get my new one tomorrow.

I got a "locked" message yesterday. I kind of wondered if they temporarily disabled the Nvidia keys.

There is a post in the forums with the scheduled time to play. Yesterday was not amongst them.

I figured out that I have to reduce render quality to .88-.92 in order to get the textures showing up. Too bad that was figured out after the play sessions.

fangblackbone wrote:
There is a post in the forums with the scheduled time to play. Yesterday was not amongst them.

I figured out that I have to reduce render quality to .88-.92 in order to get the textures showing up. Too bad that was figured out after the play sessions.

I had them at max, but it's been recommended to drop it down to .6-.7 range to help with performance along with the /nofog command.

ranalin wrote:
fangblackbone wrote:
There is a post in the forums with the scheduled time to play. Yesterday was not amongst them.

I figured out that I have to reduce render quality to .88-.92 in order to get the textures showing up. Too bad that was figured out after the play sessions.

I had them at max, but it's been recommended to drop it down to .6-.7 range to help with performance along with the /nofog command.

I think I have mine at .8 and to tell you the truth, there is not a lot of difference.
I am keeping the fog on as I suspect this will not be toggelable when it goes live and I want to make sure I am testing with the intended settings on.
That and I love the effect.

The game ran very smooth for me last time I played. Previous to that I was CTD 3 minutes after login.
I'm hoping the Outfit option works soon. Would be cool to test/play with some gwjers.

I've played a little in the beta so far and, apart from beta bugs, it seems very good. The one thing that will turn this from a decent fps into something that I play for a long time will be when I get into playing with other people, especially over comms. Look me up when you get on Auraxis. Vanu is the future.

Hypothetically speaking, what makes the Vanu different from the TR and NC?
I know they have the coolest-looking fighter, their tank can move sideways and hovers, and they use energy weapons, but that's it.
From what I've read TR prefers to throw a lot of lead downrange and prefers mobility, "the most polished" of the forces, being a regular military and all that.
The NC prefer dealing and being able to take the most damage, with prototype or patchwork weapons.
The Vanu...are purple.

Are the servers locked for anyone else?

TempestBlayze wrote:
Are the servers locked for anyone else?

I get Server Unavailable on East, and Locked on everything else if I try to create a new character.

MannishBoy wrote:
TempestBlayze wrote:
Are the servers locked for anyone else?

I get Server Unavailable on East, and Locked on everything else if I try to create a new character.

Should be up tomorrow. Monday was not a scheduled testing day.

RolandofGilead wrote:
Hypothetically speaking, what makes the Vanu different from the TR and NC?
I know they have the coolest-looking fighter, their tank can move sideways and hovers, and they use energy weapons, but that's it.
From what I've read TR prefers to throw a lot of lead downrange and prefers mobility, "the most polished" of the forces, being a regular military and all that.
The NC prefer dealing and being able to take the most damage, with prototype or patchwork weapons.
The Vanu...are purple.

The Vanu tend to be the most maneuverable of the three forces with the NC being the hardest hitters and the TR being the most heavily armoured. SOE are still balancing the weapons and vehicles.

ya, Tuesday starting at 5PM EST

Where are you guys finding this stuff out? There really isn't any official forum I can find.

TempestBlayze wrote:
Where are you guys finding this stuff out? There really isn't any official forum I can find.

What? You mean you're not on the forum? Man, I thought everyone was!

I guess if you're not already there then you didn't get a special invite from the developers because you were rubbish in the first Planetside. Only awesome troopers may apply!

active beta users should have access to beta forums.

Edit: i like Duoae's explanation better.

I found it buried in the Email. You all suck!

I think TempestBlayze took one too many head shots ;P

Duoae wrote:
TempestBlayze wrote:
Where are you guys finding this stuff out? There really isn't any official forum I can find.

What? You mean you're not on the forum? Man, I thought everyone was!

I guess if you're not already there then you didn't get a special invite from the developers because you were rubbish in the first Planetside. Only awesome troopers may apply!

You had to apply? They wouldn't let the beta start till I got back from out of town.

Only the EU server is up at the moment so running about on there kicking NC and TR butt.

BadMojo wrote:
Duoae wrote:
TempestBlayze wrote:
Where are you guys finding this stuff out? There really isn't any official forum I can find.

What? You mean you're not on the forum? Man, I thought everyone was!

I guess if you're not already there then you didn't get a special invite from the developers because you were rubbish in the first Planetside. Only awesome troopers may apply!

You had to apply? They wouldn't let the beta start till I got back from out of town. :P

HAHA!

I can neither confirm nor deny that Planetside 2 Veteran beta downloads are now working.

And if you want to verify for yourself, and are a Plansetside veteran who has signed up for the beta, here is the link to see if the download works.

I can confirm . . . that it is NOT working for this Planetside Vet (who also has a Priority Beta Key).

Ahwell. Soon. Sooooooooon.