Gaming Confessions & Blasphemy

ccesarano wrote:

Play it on the Wii if you do (or even have one still). That game not only has the best use of the Wiimote for a shooting game, but it's the best version of the game available. Plus, headshots are a lot easier to pull off.

On that note:

Resident Evil 4 for the Wii is the only Resident Evil game I ever enjoyed.

And I did. A lot. This serves two purposes: it's something positive to say and probably still comes across as blasphemous.

jdzappa wrote:

As I'm sitting here the week after a Steam sale trying to decide what to play, I've come to a sad, sad truth:
By the time I get around to playing the games I bought at full price, they'll be discounted to 75 percent off.

Oh gosh, that is so true!! I bought The Witcher 2 on launch (the premium edition with the little coin), and I've yet to play it... So sad...

I just can't get into the mindset of hoarding, if I'm going to buy something I'll almost always play it now. I was about to say it only applied to stuff I buy at launch, but it applies to discounted stuff too, it's not as though they're going to stop selling it (99.999% of the time).

Sparhawk wrote:

Sixth: hattes in TF2 are the best, deal with it.....

My confession: At some point*, I had a near complete** collection of TF2 Hattes miscs and weapons (including all strange weapons***).

* "At some point" - Meaning just before the latest Halloween update. Then I was away for around two months because of personal issues taking up my time and energy, and because Guild Wars 2 became my only outlet of gaming release during that time.

** "near complete" -Missing only the Holiday Headcase, the HOUWAR, the $100 diamond ring, the Wiki hat, the Kritzkast website hat and the Japan charity hats. Now I'm missing about 40 new items that have been added in the past 2 months.

*** "all strange" - Not counting the bot-killer variants of the strange weapons from MvM mode.

Further confession: I have paid $50 via paypal for one of my unusual hattes. And I don't want to know how many keys, and time spent on trading sites it took to get the rest of my unusual collection.

On the subject of Hattes:

TF2's Mann-Conomy update ruined TF2 for me. I'd probably still be playing if they had kept the achievement based unlock system.

Stengah wrote:

On the subject of Hattes:

TF2's Mann-Conomy update ruined TF2 for me. I'd probably still be playing if they had kept the achievement based unlock system.

The achievement rewards are still there, and there were more variations than rewards long before the store came along.

I can kind of see your point, but I think it has less to do with actual change to the game, and more to do with waving in your face what it had been for a long time. I personally struggle to see the outrage of going F2P though.

Scratched wrote:
Stengah wrote:

On the subject of Hattes:

TF2's Mann-Conomy update ruined TF2 for me. I'd probably still be playing if they had kept the achievement based unlock system.

The achievement rewards are still there, and there were more variations than rewards long before the store came along.

I can kind of see your point, but I think it has less to do with actual change to the game, and more to do with waving in your face what it had been for a long time. I personally struggle to see the outrage of going F2P though.

The first batch of items that weren't tied to achievements bugged me as well, but the MannConomy was the straw that broke the camel's back, mainly the crates and keys, and being able to buy hattes. And while the old achievements unlocks are still there, they weren't putting new ones in for the new items. I'm not outraged about it, nor do I think that anyone/everyone should have stopped playing when I did. I understand that they needed to monetize it somehow, I just didn't like how they did it. Them making TF2 free didn't bug me at all, of course, I had stopped playing by that point.

I stopped playing Mario and Luigi inside story because it was to hard for me. I got stuck at a part where I had to eat a carrot really fast.

I think the original xcom is better than the new xcom.

I never finish Homeworld because the asteroid part was to intense for my PC at the time.

I never got past the first respawn chamber in Bioshock. I died at the thing like 50 times. Yes the first one.

It took me over 40 attempts to get past the asteroid part in Dead Space. After that I was so disgusted with the game I never picked it up again. Also I heard there was a second asteroid part. Up to that point I think I died twice, once when I thought I was watching a cutscene and once during a hull walk.

I have played a few japanese dating sims that are very naughty. I don't recommend any since all of them start off with 4 hours of boring.

I have falcon 4.0 in a big ass binder (also has bunch of women in there) but I couldn't install the game after waiting something like 5 years to play it.

I really like Rune Factory even though it is really girly.

I don't care how cheap or good a game is I will never buy one with two forms of copy protection again. I.E steam or GFWL but not both.

MrAndrewJ wrote:
ccesarano wrote:

Play it on the Wii if you do (or even have one still). That game not only has the best use of the Wiimote for a shooting game, but it's the best version of the game available. Plus, headshots are a lot easier to pull off.

On that note:

Resident Evil 4 for the Wii is the only Resident Evil game I ever enjoyed.

And I did. A lot. This serves two purposes: it's something positive to say and probably still comes across as blasphemous. :)

Blasphemous my ass. That's the one shooting game that isn't a rail shooter that worked for the Wii. I could never find a setting that I liked for Metroid Prime 3 or The Conduit, and came to the conclusion that the bounding box concept just doesn't work (and if it was going to work in anything it would be The Conduit). The only time it worked in Prime 3 was the lock on.

So in my mind the best use of the Wiimote for shooting games was either the Resident Evil 4 method, which requires *gasp* the player to stand still while shooting (WHAT A CRIME TO TRADITIONAL GAMING AMIRITE) or to play like Robotech: Invasion where it was based on locking onto an enemy and then manually aiming for weakpoints.

But this would require 1) creativity and 2) to accept that not all games have to follow the same post-Wolfenstein 3D evolutionary track of "we gotta have circle strafing yo".

It worked really well in Red Steel 2 as well, but that one had motion+ tech to supplement the pointer for aiming.

Add me to the list of people who don't get the appeal of Mario at all. Unless it's some sort of nostalgia thing for days past?

I think Christina Hendricks is overweight.

strangederby wrote:

Add me to the list of people who don't get the appeal of Mario at all. Unless it's some sort of nostalgia thing for days past?

Me neither. Same goes for Zelda.

Also, I hate platform games. All that jumping to my death really pisses me off

Quintin_Stone wrote:

I think Christina Hendricks is overweight.

Wrong thread?

Actually, hadn't even seen that thread.

Quintin_Stone wrote:

I think Christina Hendricks is overweight.

After 34 pages somebody finally went too far!

Running Man wrote:
Quintin_Stone wrote:

I think Christina Hendricks is overweight.

After 34 pages somebody finally went too far!

Why hasn't he been banned yet?

Quintin_Stone wrote:

I think Christina Hendricks is overweight.

Who?

Baron Of Hell wrote:
Running Man wrote:
Quintin_Stone wrote:

I think Christina Hendricks is overweight.

After 34 pages somebody finally went too far!

Why hasn't he been banned yet?

Get the tar, I'll get the feathers.

Quintin_Stone wrote:

I think Christina Hendricks is overweight.

No way she's overweight. Granted her BMI puts her in the top tier of the ideal weight zone, but no way she's overweight. No way, no how. Someone's getting too used to stick figured top models, I say.

Nicholaas wrote:
Baron Of Hell wrote:
Running Man wrote:
Quintin_Stone wrote:

I think Christina Hendricks is overweight.

After 34 pages somebody finally went too far!

Why hasn't he been banned yet?

Get the tar, I'll get the feathers.

I've got some firewood and a huge stake, won't that do? ^_^

Eleima wrote:
Quintin_Stone wrote:

I think Christina Hendricks is overweight.

No way she's overweight. Granted her BMI puts her in the top tier of the ideal weight zone, but no way she's overweight. No way, no how. Someone's getting too used to stick figured top models, I say.

Nicholaas wrote:
Baron Of Hell wrote:
Running Man wrote:
Quintin_Stone wrote:

I think Christina Hendricks is overweight.

After 34 pages somebody finally went too far!

Why hasn't he been banned yet?

Get the tar, I'll get the feathers.

I've got some firewood and a huge stake, won't that do? ^_^

I'd think we just call Mr. Blonde and let him handle it.

Jayhawker wrote:
Eleima wrote:
Quintin_Stone wrote:

I think Christina Hendricks is overweight.

No way she's overweight. Granted her BMI puts her in the top tier of the ideal weight zone, but no way she's overweight. No way, no how. Someone's getting too used to stick figured top models, I say.

Nicholaas wrote:
Baron Of Hell wrote:
Running Man wrote:
Quintin_Stone wrote:

I think Christina Hendricks is overweight.

After 34 pages somebody finally went too far!

Why hasn't he been banned yet?

Get the tar, I'll get the feathers.

I've got some firewood and a huge stake, won't that do? ^_^

I'd think we just call Mr. Blonde and let him handle it.

Now I've got that song in my head. Thank you very much.

Nicholaas wrote:
Baron Of Hell wrote:
Running Man wrote:
Quintin_Stone wrote:

I think Christina Hendricks is overweight.

After 34 pages somebody finally went too far!

Why hasn't he been banned yet?

Get the tar, I'll get the feathers.

Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it.

I thought Portal 1 dragged a little it by the end, even though I usually call it perfect. I think it was just because I expected the behind the scenes stuff to be very near the ending or something, and I didn't enjoy these as much as the clean testchambers. Actually this is somewhat of a minor complaint.

I think Skyward Sword is depressingly bad. Seriously, I felt somewhat depressed while I was plowing through it. I think I have grown out of the Zelda model. The only innovation on its formula was that the level design never left the tutorial phase. There isn't much thinking involved in the puzzles, the only time I got stuck is when I missed something. There are better Portal 2 custom maps then dungeons in SS. And honestly Nintendo, switching out a minecart for a block to push against a ledge to be able to get up on it halfway through the game does not constitute a new puzzle. It was more depressing, because I thought the first dungeon was the best, and at that time the swordfighting still felt new and exciting, so it had a somewhat promising start. And it has some god awful mechanics, like those digging mits or any underground section.

I dislike Terraria, even though I loved it at first. This is simply because the game gets really hard post digging 23023203 miles down to hell, and I don't enjoy enemies being able to just teleport right in my face, also because I suck.

There's probably more I forgot.

MrWaterhandle wrote:

I think Skyward Sword is depressingly bad. Seriously, I felt somewhat depressed while I was plowing through it. I think I have grown out of the Zelda model. The only innovation on its formula was that the level design never left the tutorial phase. There isn't much thinking involved in the puzzles, the only time I got stuck is when I missed something. There are better Portal 2 custom maps then dungeons in SS. And honestly Nintendo, switching out a minecart for a block to push against a ledge to be able to get up on it halfway through the game does not constitute a new puzzle. It was more depressing, because I thought the first dungeon was the best, and at that time the swordfighting still felt new and exciting, so it had a somewhat promising start. And it has some god awful mechanics, like those digging mits or any underground section.

I think this sums up how I've felt about Zelda for a while now. The series just feel stale. I eventually got through Skyward Sword, but I certainly skipped a lot along the way. There were moments I really enjoyed the game, but the were spaced between long area of deja vu from other games in the fanchise.

Even with all of the talk of Skyward Sword being a bad game, I still really want to play it. I just wish it would come down from $50

Quintin_Stone wrote:

I think Christina Hendricks is overweight.

Who?

Quintin_Stone wrote:

I think Christina Hendricks is overweight.

Wait why is this in the video gaming confessions? Or is she the model for some famous game character?

jdzappa wrote:
Quintin_Stone wrote:

I think Christina Hendricks is overweight.

Wait why is this in the video gaming confessions? Or is she the model for some famous game character?

She was a voice actor in NFS The Run. I think EA were trying to make a big deal out of that as though it conveyed some 'seriousness' to what they produced.

JillSammich wrote:

Even with all of the talk of Skyward Sword being a bad game, I still really want to play it. I just wish it would come down from $50

More wrong and crazy folks, rest assured.

There's a big difference that I wish people would touch on more often, between "bad" and "not to my tastes." The Zelda games continue to be great at what they are - if you don't like what they are, you should know better than to play them. They're never going to make Zelda into Skyrim for a younger generation or anything weird like that.

For example, I wouldn't call the Uncharted games "bad." They're beautiful and action packed, but I'm not at all interested in the characters or settings. So it's not for me. But people love them! Who's wrong in that case?

I guess this is against the spirit of the thread, of course.